Bruhne

Trim the fat

10 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Done! Just returned from a beautifull Greek Island and ready to post anything! Garbage, empty garbage, content, valuable content, or even just read your 20 page posts about the role of central banks ( no, not THE Central Bank, lol) in the world. 

Trumps my vacation....banker b*stard. (However, feel free to invite me next time.  :) )

I always wanted to visit the Greek Islands. I once knew a Greek whose family owned one, but I let that invitation expire like an old VET Strength Node, unfortunately. 

When I take vacation I don't get paid...and  even worse I still have to pay my employees. 

5 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Trumps my vacation....banker b*stard. (However, feel free to invite me next time.  :) )

I still got the US ( anywhere, but preferably the West Coast) on my wishlist. So let’s make the deal that when XRP hits $ 10 we mutually invite eachother, first Greece, then the US. 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
No, West Coast, not East

On 8/20/2019 at 1:49 PM, itcdominic said:

Dumb question.  What does Ripple have to lose if they release true details of xRAPID / XRP success (if it does truly exist as its been suggested).

Would Ripple (the company) have much to gain?  why not release/disclose news that would prove it and sky-rocket the price?  

Someone mentioned that it needs to stay reasonably priced....but isn't that just a relevant number based on time/value?

If A bank needs to send $10,000 USD to MX - PESO's if its valued at .27 Cents   they would need 37037 XRP - if XRP is valued at $100 each the bank just need 100 XRP.

the big winner would be Ripple the company that owns the most XRP.  So why not release news that makes your asset more valuable?  Unless there is no news???

can anyone tell me a reason why Ripple would not want to release XRP facts and good news?

NDA's hopefully. Bankers are secretive about most everything. Like the great and mighty Oz.

behind_curtain.jpg

Just now, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I still got the US ( anywhere, but preferably the East Coast) on my wishlist. So let’s make the deal that when XRP hits $ 10 we mutually invite eachother, first Greece, then the US. 

Deal!

I have a daughter in NYC. I get up there occasionally. And my Greek friend lives in Westport, lol.

But my favorite East Coast place is the Outer Banks, where the Wright brothers once played with their machines. And Ft. Lauderdale ain't bad.

I think getting people on board and using xRapid (XRP) is much more difficult than Ripple thought initially. If you follow their announcements, you can definitely see that based on the change in nature of the announcements over time.

I also think Ripple is genuinely disappointed in the price of XRP as well (but what can they do about it?) [Note that they did commit to decreasing their market sales]

Most people invested in XRP see it as their "golden egg, omnipotent, unbreakable, magnificent, ultimate power, successful, god almighty, ace in the hole, VICTORY, VICTORY, VICTORY, VICTORY" investment and that causes people to get really upset at times like this. (It's also stupid to think that.)

Most of us think xRapid is a great product but anyone that works in finance/banking knows, a "good product" isn't enough for a bank to use it. Banks actually  don't mind being inefficient if it means staying in familiar territory. 

Has Ripple made mistakes with their operations and the XRP market? Of course they have! This is uncharted territory, so what can you expect? In reality, it is experimental.

Anyone who thinks Ripple has never made any mistakes or miscalculations (and never will) has to be an extremely naive, or ignorant, or inexperienced investor.

Having said all of this, I don't think Ripple is failing like you make it out to be, thy are just encountering a lot more friction.

I think they still have time to prove themselves and are still moving forward.

40 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I still got the US ( anywhere, but preferably the West Coast) on my wishlist. So let’s make the deal that when XRP hits $ 10 we mutually invite eachother, first Greece, then the US. 

Duh, I misread. I thought you said East Coast. Work is interfering with my cryptos again.

I was just on the West Coat on my little vacation. San Francisco and points north. I like NorCal better than Southern CA. The Pacific is too damn cold to swim in if you're from Texas, but I can direct you to some killer hot springs up in Lake County.     :)

I was window shopping property up there. Strangely cheap, but they have those fires now. We visited this cool glacier lake. Waterfront properties are very reasonable. Looks like a great place to sail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Lake_(California)

1 hour ago, AlejoMoreno said:

I think getting people on board and using xRapid (XRP) is much more difficult than Ripple thought initially. If you follow their announcements, you can definitely see that based on the change in nature of the announcements over time.

I also think Ripple is genuinely disappointed in the price of XRP as well (but what can they do about it?) [Note that they did commit to decreasing their market sales]

Most people invested in XRP see it as their "golden egg, omnipotent, unbreakable, magnificent, ultimate power, successful, god almighty, ace in the hole, VICTORY, VICTORY, VICTORY, VICTORY" investment and that causes people to get really upset at times like this. (It's also stupid to think that.)

Most of us think xRapid is a great product but anyone that works in finance/banking knows, a "good product" isn't enough for a bank to use it. Banks actually  don't mind being inefficient if it means staying in familiar territory. 

Has Ripple made mistakes with their operations and the XRP market? Of course they have! This is uncharted territory, so what can you expect? In reality, it is experimental.

Anyone who thinks Ripple has never made any mistakes or miscalculations (and never will) has to be an extremely naive, or ignorant, or inexperienced investor.

Having said all of this, I don't think Ripple is failing like you make it out to be, thy are just encountering a lot more friction.

I think they still have time to prove themselves and are still moving forward.

The biggest mistake was them thinking regulations would help adoption and here we are still waiting for some kind of regulatory framework from the US, the world moves on regardless 

5 hours ago, Trentsteel said:

The biggest mistake was them thinking regulations would help adoption and here we are still waiting for some kind of regulatory framework from the US, the world moves on regardless 

I also think that the crypto winter caught them by surprise with the price/liquidity being hampered.

But on the same hand, I don't know if anyone could've predicted the bull run of spring 17 (that actually held many of it's gains and seems to rarely be mentioned). Liquidity and high price were important to them before that ever happened too.

Edited by mrhat75

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:31 PM, wogojump said:

There are multiple strategies to avoid getting sued.  I would recommend to read one of the upcoming lawsuits or SEC cases against Ripple to get specific examples.  Basically, you avoid many of the examples pointed out in these cases. Organizations typically hire legal professionals to help avoid the company putting themselves in situations that increase chances of legit lawsuits being filed against them.  A few examples:

1. Enable policies against employees commenting on social media about the company (I believe Ripple has recently implemented).

2. When selling products (ie XRP), make sure appropriate governing agencies give the sign off prior to selling in the market.  If regulations are not clear, make sure formal sign of process is followed and documented.

3. Ensure employees are not participating in tactics or communications that can be perceived as market manipulation.

4. Ensure employees and organization are not making communications that can be misleading to investors.

5. Ensure major decisions are signed off showing they are in best interest of your stakeholders/investors.

6. Implement policies to reduce conflict of interests.  For example paying ~$265 million which is way over standard market price for Coil partnership, is abnormal.  When considering these scenarios, will want to reduce any conflicts of interests.  Including former employee/personal friendships that are involved in the business agreement.  In this example, companies will generally remove employees with conflict of interest from the business deal and make sure enough documentation is completed to prove this decision was based on best interest of business and stakeholders (rather than conflicting personal friendship).

you can mitigate the risk of being sued but you can't eliminate it entirely in an area where the law/regulations are unsettled, and even then, a motivated and adequately funded party can still bring an action in court if they are determined to, even if it ultimately never goes anywhere. spurious litigation happens. period.

so i'll say it again, innovation is messy...and hindsight is 20/20. i'm sure some things could have been better planned out or executed, but that's true of any worthwhile endeavour. the scale and scope of what they want to accomplish means its a given that they'll be adjusting plans on the fly, as they say, and asking for forgiveness instead of permission on some fronts. so, its still too early to know how big of an issue the securities thing will be ultimately I think, and anyone who pretends to know for certain how it will play out is full of it, but what do I know...

17 hours ago, mrhat75 said:

I also think that the crypto winter caught them by surprise with the price/liquidity being hampered.

But on the same hand, I don't know if anyone could've predicted the bull run of spring 17 (that actually held many of it's gains and seems to rarely be mentioned). Liquidity and high price were important to them before that ever happened too.

I was referring to Ripple expected a robust regulatory framework to be adopted in 2018, this is regardless of price. This in itself has put back full adoption by banks, way back 

“IF”banks were to use XRP they would need to have regulations within they are able to work to.