4 minutes ago, Johno said:

Who even are you?  It’s getting Trumpesque now. But perhaps put in a bit more effort, go harder. Something like: ‘the most horrible lie ever. A more horrible lie I can’t remember’. Give it a go. Perhaps use all caps too just to add that little touch of SHOUTY MAN. Always a good look. 

Can you address the topic instead of bringing US politics for some reason? Perma bulls like to do this ,avoid the truth attack the messenger! Yay

20 minutes ago, cryptoxrp said:

Mmmm.... That might be the reason Ripple is still using Windows 95 and we are all on Windows 10 ? Just curious...

Agree with you but enough solid corridors must be in place for utility to rise (the magic switch). Before that Cobalt and enough decentralised validators must be in place. Ripple is getting there with Moneygram supporting a lot of new inrods.

7 minutes ago, Cooliozxrp said:

Can you address the topic instead of bringing US politics for some reason? Perma bulls like to do this ,avoid the truth attack the messenger! Yay

I’m following thread. Some god points are being made. Ive registered agreement along the way. I generally don’t comment. Better people than me make better posts. You, however, are just a disingenuous irritant. Either that or just an ijit 

9 hours ago, Ripple-n-Time said:

Sporticus, you have an agenda.....  please take your “pro bono” advice you post as though it’s precedent, with you on the way out.  Ripple has far better counsel than a self proclaimed chat room securities expert working on it...........

agree with him or not, he's added value here so don't push him out the door...notwithstanding his tendency to represent opinion as fact, which in fairness he did redress in later posts.

10 minutes ago, xrpmeplease said:

agree with him or not, he's added value here so don't push him out the door...notwithstanding his tendency to represent opinion as fact, which in fairness he did redress in later posts.

Very generous. It’s a virtue. 

5 hours ago, Sporticus said:

XRP  is not the problem, Ripple is the company that has flagrantly violated the US securities laws and has   tried to convince others that it has not so that they will keep on making purchases..  Judging by the zombie posts I have seen,          Ripple has been very successful at misleading the public that XRP is not a security.

. The laws of the UK are not operable in the US. Whatever violation of the securities laws by Ripple in the US  have occurred to this date are not capable of being dissolved or mitigated  by legislation. There is a prohibition in the US Const against ex post facto impairment of contracts. 

The problem in all of this is having businessmen and technologists decide how to proceed without considering first or heeding  the law.  

The first time I heard about an ICO in 2016, I knew it was unlawful and a scam. 

XRP should  be allowed to exist, but Ripple will need to get out of the validator node controlling position and should be required to disgorge illegally obtained assets. 

If its software business is viable, then it should be able to succeed with that. But it has succeeded mostly in a bait and switch conflating the software successes with the token XRP to hype the market.

I am not going to post any more, it is really no use and a waste of my time, like trying to teach pigs to sing opera.

i'm not a securities guy so i'm not going to argue with you, but i consult in a regulatory environment as well and the thought that comes to mind when reading through this thread is that innovation is messy and it seems like you're being unduly harsh in assessing Ripple's intentions. or maybe not. we'll see, i'm still comfortable, though far from an expert. plus its a private company, so most of what gets discussed here is speculation in any event. but your posts were interesting and had substance to them, even if i don't agree with some of your conclusions, so please don't stop posting.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Ripple-n-Time said:

Sporticus, you have an agenda.....  please take your “pro bono” advice you post as though it’s precedent, with you on the way out.  Ripple has far better counsel than a self proclaimed chat room securities expert working on it...........

Agenda or not, I think there is value in debate. He seems to be offering substantive critiques anyway, even if I do disagree with them. No need to chase off people who simply hold a contrary view.

Edited by Montoya

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Pablo said:

On the above basis, I have concluded that your arguments are neither factual nor terribly convincing.

Awesome as in awesome response. 

Edited by Johno

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, quan said:

Did Everyone watched this video?

she is the global head relation of Ripple who used to work in SEC. 

Know that you are in good hands. 

https://www.ripple.com/insights/digital-currency-regulation-around-the-world/?utm_source=insights_newsletter&utm_medium=email

Ripple is just paying large amounts of money to lawyers and former sec employees to save their butts. Fortunately they have billions of XRPs and us, buyers, to pay the bills. This is why I decided to stop buying any more XRPs long time ago. 

Edited by AlvaroXRP

6 minutes ago, AlvaroXRP said:

Ripple is just paying large amounts of money to lawyers and former sec employees to save their butts. Fortunately they have billions of XRPs and we, buyers, to pay the bills. This is why I decided to stop buying any more XRPs long time ago. 

Good for you. I’m sure Ripple is also glad you are not buying anymore.

4 hours ago, quan said:

No they are not, if all the small fry stop buying they are screwed. Who will line their pockets with riches ?

5 hours ago, quan said:

That is not favorable for either Ripple or XRP investors. Its a waste of resources to use funds to fight legal battles that could be avoidable.  Over abundance of legal cases against Ripple also reduces future investments and support.