Sign in to follow this  
xrpmommy

Western Union Beginning to See the Light???

17 hours ago, VanGogh said:

I liked the answer to the final question from the woman regarding Egyptian remittances (10% of Egypt's GDP) being settled cash to cash . . . "why not digitize them?". Great opportunity for Ripple and XRP.  

Maybe, but quite frankly, at this point, such speculations are just hopium. IMHO, XRP holders or prospective buyers should not base their decisions on conjecture and hope alone.

6 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

I think it is broadly underappreciated just how significant Ripple's war chest of XRP will be in stimulating liquidity growth through their "market maker incentives".

I think the lead in positioning of MMs so that corridors can be opened is the big difference between XRP and every other crypto.  It is why Moneygram is so important.  A rival has to test, regulate and position MMs to compete.  This process costs billions and amongst blockchain companies only Ripple have that sort of money to spend on this sort of project.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Well what is research if it is not conjecture and what is hope if it is not optimism?   Perhaps you suggest looking at patterns in charts and using bots with algorithms? 

This word hopium should be banned because it implies optimism is an addictive drug like opium.  Hope is healthy, despair is unhealthy

You will never appease the Debbie Downers of the world for the most part I tend to just ignore them. Behind every great invention, every great movement there is hard work and effort but also hope because success along with failure isn't guaranteed no matter how much of the equation you have figured out hope maybe that underlying force that is just enough to put you over the top or encourages you to carry on when the road looks rough.  I think a lot of the negative talk comes from people who got in way over their heads.  I can't say I have lost money on my XRP investment at the price I got in at but I have not made a lot either once you get into the guts of the actual ROI. I believe in the vision more so than the asset.  XRP alone is just another DA but with the vision Ripple has attached to it the possibilities are phenomenal and no other DA currently has that type of drive behind it. So yeah I'll cross my toes and fingers and "HOPE!!" 

Edited by RikkiTikki

So @xrpmommy asks if WU is beginning to see the light and I’ve watched the video twice now and reflected on what I’ve seen and heard and I’m going to go with no. I don’t think they are beginning to see the light. I’m going by the body language and say that it’ll possibly come with time but my take is they are still comfortable. It’ll take a significant increase in market share loss to be woken up. Still asleep in my opinion.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

So @xrpmommy asks if WU is beginning to see the light and I’ve watched the video twice now and reflected on what I’ve seen and heard and I’m going to go with no. I don’t think they are beginning to see the light. I’m going by the body language and say that it’ll possibly come with time but my take is they are still comfortable. It’ll take a significant increase in market share loss to be woken up. Still asleep in my opinion.

The sad thing about that is when you wait for that to occur by the time it does It's to late! I definitely get the same vibe though and feel that WU may be mentioned in the same context as BlockBuster, Sears, Kmart.  I think they look at MoneyGram as jumping out on a leap of faith with ripple but when things start to roll for MG it will be to late for WU.  Trust me WU is hoping this MG deal with ripple blows up in a not so good way this is the reason why this deal is by far the focal point for Ripple and MG because success and "It's game on!!" failure and it's "Game over!!"

Edited by RikkiTikki

Time to be disruptive in an environment that fears disruption. I embrace Ripple’s approach. Yes there’s risk and it’s time to throw in some good risk. Playing nice for a long time expecting regulators to do something useful with their thumb came with risk. 

Banks are risk adverse and thinking they would embrace this to improve their business model was risky. Now they to can become a customer for MG. Screw the laggards. God speed the risk takers. Throw the throttles up and let’s see what happens.

4 hours ago, RikkiTikki said:

The sad thing about that is when you wait for that to occur by the time it does It's to late! I definitely get the same vibe though and feel that WU may be mentioned in the same context as BlockBuster, Sears, Kmart.  I think they look at MoneyGram as jumping out on a leap of faith with ripple but when things start to roll for MG it will be to late for WU.  Trust me WU is hoping this MG deal with ripple blows up in a not so good way this is the reason why this deal is by far the focal point for Ripple and MG because success and "It's game on!!" failure and it's "Game over!!"

I can hear Bill Paxton's improvised and famous line from Aliens... “Game over, man! Game over!  Now what the f@ck are we supposed to do?"