12 hours ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

Very interesting data. XRP no doubt does get a lot of hype tweets, but also a lot of FUD tweets - how do they distinguish the two?

Also wouldn't the 'greater fool' strategy work best with the most-hyped coins?

Great point that they get a lot of FUD tweets. TheTIE does sentiment analysis but I didn't look closely at whether this was including in their hype metric or not, I'll reach out to them because it's important context.

13 hours ago, cmbartley said:

Great point that they get a lot of FUD tweets. TheTIE does sentiment analysis but I didn't look closely at whether this was including in their hype metric or not, I'll reach out to them because it's important context.

Bear in mind too that the most social of animals on the planet often misunderstands what others are meaning in their online interactions.  Baby step AI and deep data mining are wonderful at some things but easily misled in social contexts.

Witness the number of shadow-blocked Twitter users who interacted with a fudster and ended up blocked because the algorithm misunderstood context.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to find these metrics severely compromised by clumsy pigeonholing done by a misled algorithm.