Ripple- Stop the dumping

A pivotal aspect of what constitutes a security is an enterprise  selling an asset, which the public invests in with an expectation of a profit through the efforts of the enterprise. Ripple is funding its platform in a manner that resembles an unregistered IPO. 

This is the current position of the SEC as follows.  Now compare that ruling to Ripple's relation to XRP

Securities Act of 1933 
Section 2(a)(1)

April 3, 2019

Response of the Division of Corporation Finance

Re:

TurnKey Jet, Inc.
Incoming letter dated April 2, 2019

Based on the facts presented, the Division will not recommend enforcement action to the Commission if, in reliance on your opinion as counsel that the Tokens are not securities, TKJ offers and sells the Tokens without registration under the Securities Act and the Exchange Act. Capitalized terms have the same meanings as defined in your letter.

In reaching this position, we particularly note that:

TKJ will not use any funds from Token sales to develop the TKJ Platform, Network, or App, and each of these will be fully developed and operational at the time any Tokens are sold;

the Tokens will be immediately usable for their intended functionality (purchasing air charter services) at the time they are sold;

TKJ will restrict transfers of Tokens to TKJ Wallets only, and not to wallets external to the Platform;

TKJ will sell Tokens at a price of one USD per Token throughout the life of the Program, and each Token will represent a TKJ obligation to supply air charter services at a value of one USD per Token;

If TKJ offers to repurchase Tokens, it will only do so at a discount to the face value of the Tokens (one USD per Token) that the holder seeks to resell to TKJ, unless a court within the United States orders TKJ to liquidate the Tokens; and

The Token is marketed in a manner that emphasizes the functionality of the Token, and not the potential for the increase in the market value of the Token.

This position is based on the representations made to the Division in your letter. Any different facts or conditions might require the Division to reach a different conclusion. Further, this response expresses the Division's position on enforcement action only and does not express any legal conclusion on the question presented.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A. Ingram
Chief Legal Advisor, FinHub
Division of Corporation Finance

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THEY DONT CARE ABOUT HODLERS. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE PRICE OF XRP. ALL THEY CARE IS ABOUT THEIR POCKETS AND THIS IS THE TRUTH.  Im going to dump all my xrp shitcoins when xrp/btc pumps again. x

Ripple- Please stop the XRP dumping.  The current strategy is not working, we can see this by looking at the XRP price decline and XRP holder feedback for the past few years.  If this trend conti

Stopped reading after second sentence. Your post is literally waste of bandwidth.  Even processing bitcoin transaction is more useful than this crap. You should be ashamed.

26 minutes ago, panmores said:

Get the discussion going that Ripple hears it loud and clearly. Comment on Ripple diehard loyalists Twitter posts, etc.

You can certainly try, but good luck going up against the XRP Army. They are an angry and aggressive bunch of zealots. Tread with care. :help:

I am cracking up. XRP entire operation is financed from selling XRP and people want them to stop it. 

LOL+LMAO= I fallen and I cant get up. 

If you can't suffer seeing the price go down, stop the bleeding and cut your losses short.   If you dont' blame ONLY yourself you held it to levels you did not consider. lower prices bring lower prices. 

1 hour ago, Spekul8 said:

I love how every year people add years on this forum. 

"next year" .."in three years..." in 5 years..." so I decided to add my own year: 

Its sad to see people waiting years for nothing. Guys wake up. It probably won't happen. Don't spend your life waiting for nothing. I mean dont live an illusion.  Personally for me it is crazy to think how far I went with xrp thinking it will make me a millionaire. At least i woke up. I don't care about the money i have invested since i didn't work for it but yet it is still money i could have

It's also crazy to think how people used an unregulated market, created some digital bits calling it XRP and hyped it hard.

The real utility price of XRP should be around 0.00x

No one uses it. Current price is a result of the hype and Ripple knows it.. 

Should i also write they claim they didn't create XRP and that XRP was given to ripple? Hmmm......

I believe this is the biggest scam of the history. It went way beyond the creators of XRP ever thought it will be(ripple claim Xrp was given to them. Are they scared?.)  Yet i hold. Maybe im wrong. Maybe there are miracles.

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/efik45ekdjl/our-take-on-the-10-biggest-frauds-in-recent-u-s-history-2/

I can see XRP&Ripple in this list. 141B$ at it's peak. 

Anyway, when there will be regulations, will it be legal to create something out of thin air, hype it, and sell it for the typical investor? (Us) I mean the creators of XRP took big chunks of it to their own pocket and they sold/selling it.

Is there a lawyer who can tell us if it's legal?

Edited by Xill
2 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

I am cracking up. XRP entire operation is financed from selling XRP and people want them to stop it. 

LOL+LMAO= I fallen and I cant get up. 

If you can't suffer seeing the price go down, stop the bleeding and cut your losses short.   If you dont' blame ONLY yourself you held it to levels you did not consider. lower prices bring lower prices. 

So you're saying all is on track and that's the way it's planned all along and supposed to be.

6 hours ago, wogojump said:

The current strategy is working short term for Ripple. The current strategy is not working in the long term for myself, Ripple, and others.  The problem is, if XRP continues to tank in price to pennies or less, the damage and backlash will be not be reversible.  Institutional investors (current and future), as well as future investors will avoid XRP. This will ultimately impact Ripple.  They will be impacted based on the PR, loss of institutional interest, and their XRP holdings will be worth a small percentage in the future.

Please offer your credentials oh wise one. You're just some clueless speculator is all.

19 minutes ago, panmores said:

So you're saying all is on track and that's the way it's planned all along and supposed to be.

On track for ripple making their venture capitalist investors rich yeah!

11 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

Distribution is vital. Stop being a chump, crying about things that you don't have a clue about.

Ripple can just give out xrp for free if they really about distribution..

10 minutes ago, panmores said:

Why don't you offer your credentials and factual rebuttals of the arguments made by the OP that make sense.

I'm not debating OP.  I don't have that expertise. OP is debating a company that has done enough to pull interest from hundreds of 'real players' throughout the world and appears to be attacking a multi trillion dollar problem in good faith and has continually gained traction in their effort as they've stated, though the road has been bumpy.

He makes the retail speculator out to be a god when it is just an ant along for the ride. His entire premise falls on this and I'm not biting. The crypto community is a tiny and insignificant niche. To suggest anything greater is to project delusions of grandeur of oneself.