wogojump

Ripple- Stop the dumping

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, wogojump said:

Please stop the XRP dumping.  The current strategy is not working,

just to be clear, who is the current strategy not working for? you or Ripple?

Most people are aware of co-founder Jed mass selling off his XRP. He had 5.3 XRP has of 2016.  Including selling XRP worth ~million a day.

Ripple sold ~2.7M XRP per day in Q2 - I think we should get wallet activity on Jed's holdings before making assumptions and to clarify the magnitude (read: jeds holdings are non-issue)

But what about the XRP investors in the last few years?

XRP investors is such a wrong term, but if one had "invested" a few years ago, then they would have bought in sub .03

Edited by aye-epp

also I think they've been pretty clear - they want the price high and must liquidate escrow to (a) distribute and (b) fund ecosystem and business initiatives

Might be better to suggest an alternative to distributing 50B and funding their operations other than "stop the dumping"

The escrow liquidation is a strategically planned 7+ year event.  It's always baffling to hear folks who don't have the same expectation.

6 minutes ago, aye-epp said:

just to be clear, who is the current strategy not working for? you or Ripple?

Ripple sold ~2.7M XRP per day in Q2 - I think we should get wallet activity on Jed's holdings before making assumptions and to clarify the magnitude (read: jeds holdings are small peanuts)

XRP investors is such a wrong term, but if one had "invested" a few years ago, then they would have bought in sub .03

1 minute ago, aye-epp said:

also I think they've been pretty clear - they want the price high and must liquidate escrow to (a) distribute and (b) fund ecosystem and business initiatives

Might be better to suggest an alternative to distributing 50B and funding their operations other than "stop the dumping"

The escrow liquidation is a strategically planned 7+ year event.  It's always baffling to hear folks who don't have the same expectation.

The current strategy is working short term for Ripple. The current strategy is not working in the long term for myself, Ripple, and others.  The problem is, if XRP continues to tank in price to pennies or less, the damage and backlash will be not be reversible.  Institutional investors (current and future), as well as future investors will avoid XRP. This will ultimately impact Ripple.  They will be impacted based on the PR, loss of institutional interest, and their XRP holdings will be worth a small percentage in the future.

Others could provide more accurate estimates on Jed's holding, since I was estimating based on other articles.

it does look like XRP average trading price was .03 a little over 2 years ago.

Recommendations on alternative to distributing 50b and funding their operations, could provide great opportunities if the right stategies are identified and pursued.

1 minute ago, wogojump said:

The current strategy is working short term for Ripple. The current strategy is not working in the long term for myself, Ripple, and others.  The problem is, if XRP continues to tank in price to pennies or less, the damage and backlash will be not be reversible.  Institutional investors (current and future), as well as future investors will avoid XRP. This will ultimately impact Ripple.  They will be impacted based on the PR, loss of institutional interest, and their XRP holdings will be worth a small percentage in the future.

Others could provide more accurate estimates on Jed's holding, since I was estimating based on other articles.

it does look like XRP average trading price was .03 a little over 2 years ago.

Recommendations on alternative to distributing 50b and funding their operations, could provide great opportunities if the right stategies are identified and pursued.

just so I'm clear, are you saying their current strategy is to "allow" the price to tank to pennies or less?

I think market sentiment is also a huge part being left out here - sure they have control of immediate selling pressure, but demand is much more difficult and projected on a longer timeline. For example, Ripple ceases selling XRP and the price continues to drop - then what's your argument?

XRP isn't the fairytale crypto that everyone loves, so they're still in a critical moment that requires proving utility.  

Further- many on this board sat around for years, YEARS, while the price lingered with little movement.  Those are ones that also invested knowing it was a long haul.

I'm sorry you held for a year or two and didn't get the expected results of a 10-15 year project..

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, aye-epp said:

just so I'm clear, are you saying their current strategy is to "allow" the price to tank to pennies or less?

I think market sentiment is also a huge part being left out here - sure they have control of immediate selling pressure, but demand is much more difficult and projected on a longer timeline. For example, Ripple ceases selling XRP and the price continues to drop - then what's your argument?

XRP isn't the fairytale crypto that everyone loves, so they're still in a critical moment that requires proving utility.  

I believe Ripple's strategy in the past is to sell as much XRP as possible, but not tank the price.  Years ago Ripple stated they had intentions to keep the price stable (in order to get institutional buy in and trust).  Institutions will not want to continue purchasing XRP from Ripple, if the price tanks.  I believe an unintended impact of the sell off strategy, is causing downward pressure on the XRP price.

I agree market sentiment has greater impact than the XRP sell off, XRP sell off just being one piece to the puzzle. Real utilization of XRapid like MoneyGram will ultimately have a greater impact than Ripple's sell off. Real utilization of XRapid will take a few years to prove itself out in the market, so we need to ensure XRP holders have confidence in the meantime of getting to this point.

I am expecting the ideal strategy for the stopping the sell off will be more than just putting a stop to it.  For example in a 2+ year bear market, it could be a huge advantage if Ripple could start transitioning institutions to purchase part of their XRP acquisitions from the open market.  The buying pressure and market sentiment on institutions actually purchasing from the open market would be an advantage.  This is only one idea, a real strategy would need to be vetted out.  If I am proved wrong that an alternate strategy for sell off would not be beneficial, I would be the first to admit I am wrong.

Edited by wogojump

2 minutes ago, wogojump said:

I believe Ripple's strategy in the past is to sell as much XRP as possible, but not tank the price.

I could be wrong, but im pretty sure this strategy didn't make it into their deck.. 

Ripple has a large chunk of XRP - lets ballpark it at 55B.  As a company, their primary mission is to create an ecosystem that generates enough demand to support 100B XRP while pollinating 55B XRP into the free market. That's it.

Lets assume Ripple listens to you and ceases selling XRP - what do they do with 55B XRP that may quickly be worth 50-100B USD? You obviously missed the insane spotlight that the media shone on Ripple and their holdings during the last bull run.  At one point, they were the most valuable company in the valley and ~10th most valuable in the world. (source)

My point is that this is all part of a strategic process that I think you may not be fully grasping.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, aye-epp said:

I could be wrong, but im pretty sure this strategy didn't make it into their deck.. 

Ripple has a large chunk of XRP - lets ballpark it at 55B.  As a company, their primary mission is to create an ecosystem that generates enough demand to support 100B XRP while pollinating 55B XRP into the free market. That's it.

Lets assume Ripple listens to you and ceases selling XRP - what do they do with 55B XRP that may quickly be worth 50-100B USD? You obviously missed the insane spotlight that the media shone on Ripple and their holdings during the last bull run.  At one point, they were the most valuable company in the valley and ~10th most valuable in the world. (source)

My point is that this is all part of a strategic process that I think you may not be fully grasping.

We would need to sit in a Ripple strategic meetings to know for sure, but I am pretty sure they have discussed details around this strategy.  In their Q2 2019 XRP Markets Report, they discussed this relevant strategy: https://www.ripple.com/insights/q2-2019-xrp-markets-report/

Future Sales
Ripple plans to take a more conservative approach to XRP sales in Q3. As noted, the company switched benchmarks to CCTT and will target programmatic sales at 10 basis points of CCTT reported volumes.

INSTITUTIONAL VS. PROGRAMMATIC SALES

Institutional (OTC) Sales
Ripple’s long-term view is that efficient, liquid XRP markets should resemble the traditional FX markets, given XRP’s use case of global value transfer. As a large portion of FX trading occurs on the OTC markets, in 2017, Ripple began providing, through XRP II, a licensed subsidiary, OTC purchases of XRP to meet institutional demand, at a time when XRP/USD liquidity was limited. Since then, XRP listings increased as Ripple has partnered with the top digital asset brokers and used inventory to serve as a backstop for XRP liquidity. This allowed these OTC liquidity providers the ability to source XRP, even when institutional quantities of XRP were difficult to access across exchanges.

Ripple decided to pull back from providing XRP over-the-counter at scale toward the end of Q2, in light of the OTC desks’ ability to source institutional demand for XRP in the open markets. Going forward, Ripple plans to focus institutional sales on markets where the on-exchange liquidity for XRP is insufficient to meet institutional demand.

Programmatic Sales
Ripple’s programmatic XRP sales have been done with the goal of minimizing market impact. The company did this through limiting XRP programmatic sales to what it considers a small percentage of traded volume, which was executed across multiple exchanges. Ripple relies on programmatic sales partners who mainly execute trades passively; their trading volumes do not vary based on changes in the price of XRP, but they do increase as overall XRP trading volumes increase.

As discussed earlier, because of misreported trading volumes, Ripple has changed its sales strategy and benchmark for Q3, and will continue to closely monitor the situation.

I interpret this that their sales actually had a greater downward impact on trading price in the past, as compared to what they were expecting.  They are pointing to the misreported trading volumes as being a major reason why they previously had their sales target to high.  They will closely monitor this situation and take a more conservative sales approach for Q3.  I believe they are on the right track, but there are still additional sell off strategies that should be vetted out.

I don't believe Ripple should just stop selling XRP all together, a more strategic and conservative approach for selling in the short term will be beneficial. Ripple and all other stakeholders will be in a much better position in 5+ years if the XRP price increases.  If the XRP prices drop down to a few cents, trading prices will most likely stay there for a long time. Vice versa if XRP price can get to $2, $20, etc.; that is a valuation increase of 100x, 1000x, etc. Having XRP drop down to a few cents will cause a very negative media spotlight for Ripple.

Edited by wogojump

Get the discussion going that Ripple hears it loud and clearly. Comment on Ripple diehard loyalists Twitter posts, etc.

Their golden donkey ******** money is neither sustainable nor beneficial to the building up of a strong and resilient ecosystem.

Much funds are thrown around in irresponsible ways - I don't mind how much Bill Clinton cost last year and Ellens African animals and so forth, but money just sits too loosely in their pockets.

They hype - then milk the market. Again and again.

Plus they've become quite quiet, sensing the backlash?

High time them moving ahead in more responsible ways. Can't hear the apologetic talk anymore, such as but they have no obligation, they can do what they want... no, they can't. They have serious obligations.

1 minute ago, panmores said:

Get the discussion going that Ripple hears it loud and clearly. Comment on Ripple diehard loyalists Twitter posts, etc.

Their golden donkey ******** money is neither sustainable nor beneficial to the building up of a strong and resilient ecosystem.

Much funds are thrown around in irresponsible ways - I don't mind how much Bill Clinton cost last year and Ellens African animals and so forth, but money just sits too loosely in their pockets.

They hype - then milk the market. Again and again.

Plus they've become quite quiet, sensing the backlash?

High time them moving ahead in more responsible ways. Can't hear the apologetic talk anymore, such as but they have no obligation, they can do what they want... no, they can't. They have serious obligations.

FK THEM! no regulations fking free scam market. they can do what ever the fk they want! this is better than money heist (on netflix) this is fkin real

if lets say in 10 years xrp will go nowhere i hope they will be jailed for a lifetime for all the families and people they have destroyed. crypto is a **** show. one big hype market lmao