Sign in to follow this  
DreXRP

The Ripple Drop - 14

Posted (edited)

In this episode we take a special look at Xpring and the work they've done to support ILP (Interledger Protocol) and XRP adoption. We interview SVP of Xpring Ethan Beard, Founder and CEO of Coil Stefan Thomas and the leadership team of Raised in Space Enterprises: CEO Zach Katz and President Shara Senderoff.

Edited by DreXRP

I think it’s smart and I’m glad they are doing this.  The videos keep improving in professionalism and production values.

On an immature Tiny note....    the little kid in me can’t help laughing though at how often people’s names are part of a cosmic jest.

A lady involved in an entertainment enterprise is called Send-Er-Off ???    Thank you universe for making me smile.  :) 

45 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

A lady involved in an entertainment enterprise is called Send-Er-Off ???    Thank you universe for making me smile.  :) 

In fact it’s just occurred to me...   if she is ever going on stage and people start to chant her name...   she won’t know whether to keep going or exit stage left...   :) 

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

In fact it’s just occurred to me...   if she is ever going on stage and people start to chant her name...   she won’t know whether to keep going or exit stage left...   :) 

Tiny, you made my day - thanks :) 

1 hour ago, TheyLive said:

I didn't get the music industry part. There where words but no meaning. What were they saying was their business model?

Hype with no substance

7 hours ago, TheyLive said:

I didn't get the music industry part. There where words but no meaning. What were they saying was their business model?

As the music industry currently stands, it takes roughly 9 months from the time a song comes out before an artist starts actually seeing the revenue. Additionally, the money comes from so many different streams that they can't actually collect it all without the help of a publisher. 

I don't know for a fact, because of course I don't have any inside knowledge of what Scooter is up to, but if they started a streaming service that allowed artists to be paid in real time as people listened to their music, you had better believe they could get artists to sign up en masse. 

Posted (edited)

I  am not impressed by this move. This quite frankly feels like an attempt at distraction which conveniently allows Ripple to further reduce their XRP holdings IMHO. The eventual success of this initiative will most likely and if ever not happen over night, and I think it is rather naive to believe that it can make up for failings and shortcomings by the company in other areas.

Edited by Bystander