Right now is absolutely the worst time to sell...

4 hours ago, PactaSuntServanda said:

It depends whether you assess short or long term price action. Short time, XRP is just doing its own thing. While some other high market cap alts seem to follow BTC to some extent on down and upward movements, XRP only follows when BTC's value dwindles. From a long term perspective, we are however still at the mercy of BTC. 

Are we watching the same market? Short term, XRP is tied to BTC during bearish movement. Long term, XRP is not tied to BTC.

Look at the BTC chart this year and compare this to the XRP chart until now.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t get the whole don’t sell attitude. For the record, I’m not selling, but why is everyone so adamant that we continue to remind people to not sell? If they bought in at .02 cents and have 200,00

Don’t mind him, he has nothing of value to add in any discussion and is just trolling all the time. 

...and is the best time to buy. We are at the bottom, or very near it. How easily people forget that the BTC chart looked like this: immediately before it looked like this: Selli

Posted Images

I want to drop my 2 cents into this thread. There is a lot of uncertainty and doubt due to price swings lately. My suggestion is to look at history where things were being done for the first time ever. Bill Gates and Microsoft. Started out of a garage. Building computers were never done before, but computers (even in their earliest stages) created efficiencies for tasks that were considered repetitive and mundane. This efficiency created an increase in work productivity and lessened the cost of labor. 

Ripple is doing exactly the same thing but with a different asset. Ripple is to XRP as Microsoft is to a computer. They are entering territory that has never been entered. How do you create an asset virtually from nothing and put intrinsic value into that asset? The answer is simple: Utility. Create an efficiency that will replace repetitive and mundane tasks or even cut out the middleman. You will eventually increase work productivity while dropping the cost of labor. 

Now many may think, "Yeah but Microsoft would have taken 30 years to make me a millionaire." True, but that's also why your not quitting your day time job. In order to put value in an asset it HAS to grow over time. Ripple wants to get this right the FIRST time otherwise Ripple loses EVERYTHING they been working for for the past decade. 

With that being said, Ripple already has a running start. How long did it take Bill Gates to sit in the same room as a former President or when was the first time Bill Gates was sitting at the same conference table with the President of the IMF? It definitely was not within the first 5 years. Ripple has connections. This will speed up adoption. If you cannot not stomach the fact the XRP will go to zero tomorrow, then you are over exposed or you are too attached to your investment. Either way, you should not be investing or you need to seriously rethink your strategic plan. 

If you are reading this and you are invested in XRP, you are EARLY. How early? Well, governments around the world are STILL arguing over what cryptoassets actually are. That's good news because when they finally determine what cryptoassets are, the mainstream and commercial adoption will take off exponentially. Think about it this way, there are not going to be many times in your life that you can say, "Yeah... I invested in that early on." 

2 hours ago, CryptoBoiler said:

I’ve sold a lot. Ironically when people were saying “you’re stupid for selling”....it’s sad to think of how many people lost out along a longgggggg rise down. It’s not like we went from 3.85 to .26 cents in a month. There were ample opportunities to sell along the way. Believing is great. But making money has always been my goal. I have a little stack of xrp that is there just so I don’t kick myself if it booms. But the longer it sits stalemate the more I doubt it’s ability to have a huge run. I think those that are big xrp hodlrs are burnt out. A lot of people buy to lower their DCA. That’s cool. But please remember, the same people who are telling you to “buy now” and “you’re dumb to sell”, are the same people that said “buy now” and “you’re dumb to sell” at 2.75, 1.50, 1.10, .90 and so on and so on.

There is no right or wrong. It depends on your appetite. No one can predict the exact bottom and exact top. We have to plan our exit based on our personal goals. I have been in market from 2017. I have been buying xrp from 2017. I buy whenever price is below 30 cents and invested only what I can afford to lose. My plan is to hold at least till 2025 and make a decision. We are still early in crypto, it can go big or go nothing. But the decision won't come overnight. I don't say you made a bad or I made a good decision. I have a regular income to keep my family running. I don't need the money from xrp for at least next 5-6 years. So I am going to wait and see where it takes me. Have your own plan and stick to it no matter what others say or do or believe. That's me. Good luck everyone

13 minutes ago, xrp_moonjet said:

There is no right or wrong. It depends on your appetite. No one can predict the exact bottom and exact top. We have to plan our exit based on our personal goals. I have been in market from 2017. I have been buying xrp from 2017. I buy whenever price is below 30 cents and invested only what I can afford to lose. My plan is to hold at least till 2025 and make a decision. We are still early in crypto, it can go big or go nothing. But the decision won't come overnight. I don't say you made a bad or I made a good decision. I have a regular income to keep my family running. I don't need the money from xrp for at least next 5-6 years. So I am going to wait and see where it takes me. Have your own plan and stick to it no matter what others say or do or believe. That's me. Good luck everyone

Exactly what I’m saying. In your case your happy with where you money sits. And I hope it gives you good return. I just don’t understand the “I’m a hodlr, and you’re stupid because you’re not”. I think you have a healthy mindset about it. I still hold some as well, hoping it will go up. And if it does, then sweet. I just won’t knock a person for not buying when it’s “cheap” or cashing out. It’s an investment, not a family member. I think a lot of people forget that. Xrp is like a bond, stock, gold, house, whatever. It’s an asset. It can be bought and sold for financial gain or loss. This whole “those that sell are traitors, stupid, and impatient” is really getting old.

7 minutes ago, CryptoBoiler said:

Exactly what I’m saying. In your case your happy with where you money sits. And I hope it gives you good return. I just don’t understand the “I’m a hodlr, and you’re stupid because you’re not”. I think you have a healthy mindset about it. I still hold some as well, hoping it will go up. And if it does, then sweet. I just won’t knock a person for not buying when it’s “cheap” or cashing out. It’s an investment, not a family member. I think a lot of people forget that. Xrp is like a bond, stock, gold, house, whatever. It’s an asset. It can be bought and sold for financial gain or loss. This whole “those that sell are traitors, stupid, and impatient” is really getting old.

Yes take it light. I show up rarely here. Staying active on xrp forum or Twitter can make you go nuts. We should all focus on our life and don't make these investment occupy most of the time in our life. All the best

6 hours ago, CryptoBoiler said:

Stop trying to persuade people to sell or not sell or buy more.

Yeah this kind of post is not aimed at people who bought in at 0.02. It is aimed at the people who are despairing. The advice to hold right now is not because of memes or hopium or whatever. It's because as I said in my post: selling now puts you at risk of suffering twice. 1) selling lower than you hoped and 2) later buying back higher than you sold. 

19 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Yeah this kind of post is not aimed at people who bought in at 0.02. It is aimed at the people who are despairing. The advice to hold right now is not because of memes or hopium or whatever. It's because as I said in my post: selling now puts you at risk of suffering twice. 1) selling lower than you hoped and 2) later buying back higher than you sold. 

Not to mention the fact that the people who are hurting the worst have already experienced the majority of their possible losses... no sense in making those losses permanent now out of fear.

2 hours ago, Seoulite said:

Even aimed at those that are in “despair” it’s not sound advice. Similar posts were made at 1.75, 1.10, .75 and so on. I’d hate to know that I helped “aim” anyone in one direction or another in fear of me being completely wrong.

what if xrp goes to .17 next week? What if I goes to $12? I guess I’m just not one to try to steer others in any direction. If you feel it’s the time to buy, then click “buy”. If your gut says this is a ponzi and we’re all screwed it’s going to crash tomorrow, then sell. Because as far as I know, either one of those could happen. And either the hodlrs or the sellers will be right.

4 minutes ago, Cooliozxrp said:

Remember when this forum chastised and ridiculed someone selling at 0.42 saying the price is gonna moon soon? Funny times

.42 cents?! I remember people getting skewered when they suggested selling at 1.25. If I could sell at 1.25 today I’d hit the button so hard it would fall off....

Similar posts were made at 1.75, 1.10, .75 and so on. I’d hate to know that I helped “aim” anyone in one direction or another in fear of me being completely wrong.

1.75, 1.10, and .75 were not at the bottom. It might go a little lower, it might even go to .17. But if you bought at .5 or 1.46 or 2.99, is there really a big difference between 0.25 and 0.17? You might say yes, I say no. But I agree, calling the bottom at 1.75 was stupid, because you only have to look at the chart to know if that's it. 

what if xrp goes to .17 next week? What if I goes to $12?

It might well go to .17. If you are confident enough to sell now and buy back then, then the post is not aimed at you. The fact that you say it could go to 12 dollars next week tells me that you are not interested in discussing this seriously, or you don't know how the chart actually moves. 

If you feel it’s the time to buy, then click “buy”.

It is this emotional decision making that I am trying to combat. Look at the chart, we are near the bottom. This is the time when you buy, not when you sell. 

1 minute ago, Seoulite said:

1.75, 1.10, and .75 were not at the bottom. It might go a little lower, it might even go to .17. But if you bought at .5 or 1.46 or 2.99, is there really a big difference between 0.25 and 0.17? You might say yes, I say no. But I agree, calling the bottom at 1.75 was stupid, because you only have to look at the chart to know if that's it. 

It might well go to .17. If you are confident enough to sell now and buy back then, then the post is not aimed at you. The fact that you say it could go to 12 dollars next week tells me that you are not interested in discussing this seriously, or you don't know how the chart actually moves. 

It is this emotional decision making that I am trying to combat. Look at the chart, we are near the bottom. This is the time when you buy, not when you sell. 

First off good luck man. Of course we know 1.65, 1.10 and .75 weren’t the bottom (now). But when 1.75 hit after the ATH everyone thought it was super crazy cheap. So yah, .17 from .26 cents isn’t a huge delta. But then again, why spend .26 cents if it goes down even more. I think everyone is missing my point. Xrp is taking a nosedive. And each dice, there’s always this “buy now or regret”. Ummmm if I bought every dip, I’d be upside down. In my opinion, it’s just a coping mechanism. “I’ve not made any money, it keeps dropping, so I’ll just buy more”. Well great thinking, but what if it doesn’t go up? And WHY Isnt it going up? It’s not like we are up and down and up and down. We’re just down. Like I said. Buy if you want! Good for you. But don’t ask other to. And I’ve been saying that for years. If people who bought all these “dips” look back. They could have taken that money and had a huge bag right now. I think it’s going lower...I’ll buy at .12 cents.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.