King34Maine

Ripple's Xpring Makes 1 Billion XRP Grant to Drive XRP Adoption and Advance Coil's Monetized Platform for Creators

Posted (edited)

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 9.06.22 AM.png

Ripple Is Giving Away 1 Billion XRP in Massive Bid to Fund Online Content:

"San Francisco-based fintech company Ripple continues to pump XRP into a growing ecosystem of adjacent startups – despite an ongoing legal complaint alleging that XRP is an unregistered security."

"Announced Thursday, Ripple’s investment arm, Xpring, participated in the $4 million seed round for the in-browser payment processing startup Coil, spearheaded by former Ripple CTO Stefan Thomas. (Thomas and Ripple were the sole participants in the round.)"

Ripple's Xpring Makes 1 Billion XRP Grant to Drive XRP Adoption:

"Coil, a platform dedicated to reimagining monetization on the web for creators and their fans, today announced a 1 billion XRP grant from Ripple's Xpring. The money will be deployed towards driving adoption of XRP and the Interledger Protocol (ILP) by growing Coil's monetization platform through mainstream adoption of Web Monetization, an open web standard built on Interledger that enables streaming micropayments in any currency, including XRP."

Edited by King34Maine

8 minutes ago, Scout said:

I'm a fan of XRP, but i don't see the purpose of coil. Couldn't even bring myself to using it for my own domain. Such a grim future, there has to be a better use case for this product that I don't know about. Just can't see this service taking off.

Have you researched the business proposition behind Coil (i.e. web-monetization)? If not, you should research that to truly understand the scope of what Coil is trying to make a reality. Here are a few articles/blogs to get you started:

1. Coil: Building a New Business Model for the Web

2. The Future Of “Web” Monetization Has Nothing To Do With Page Views And Everything To Do With Authentic Reach

3. Web Monetization Has Begun

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Babelly said:

I simply will never pay to see "content" or avoid ads.  Maybe that's just me, but i will never pay to browse the web.  Long XRP, but i don't see this taking off.

What are you talking about not paying to see content. You are paying a hell of a lot more than you think you are. You are paying directly via an internet provider (AT&T, Spectrum, etc.) to gain access to the internet, right? You are paying indirectly via the FREE information that Google, Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, etc., AI algorithms are continuously obtaining from every search, purchase, message, tweet, upload, and download that they then turn around and sell for MILLIONS to companies at your expense. At-any-rate, it about more than just paying to "see content." It's about adequately paying those content creators their fair share for the work they put into a website, online venue, website, etc, so that they don't have to go through traditional means of online monetization methods whereby they are undercut massively. 

Edited by King34Maine

Posted (edited)

your examples are 100% accurate as i can see both sides of the coin. I just prefer them being a "payment" company focused on banks and solving the N/V problem. While we have made substantial progress with Ripplenet, we barley have an xrapid volume.

Now were branching off into Web  Monetization and even music platforms (scooter braun).  Maybe this change of direction is due to regulation dragging its leg, however I cant help but think the Peanut Butter Manifesto when I see Ripple branching out to all these areas.

Hopefully all this will contribute to the IOV, but I rather focus on Cross Border Payments first.

@Tinyaccount

forgot to quote your above response

Edited by Babelly

10 minutes ago, Babelly said:

Now were branching off into Web  Monetization and even music platforms (scooter braun).

I don’t think that is quite correct.  Ripple aren’t doing this...  they are subbing the work out.  :)   

So I don’t think the Peanut Butter applies...  it’s not Ripple losing focus..  they are still doing exactly what they planned.  They are just funding others to allow multiple shoots to grow so that there is not just the one tree,  but many sprouting simultaneously.

Nothing detracting from Ripples strength and focus...  just funding others which will grow the overall ecosystem.

3 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I don’t think that is quite correct.  Ripple aren’t doing this...  they are subbing the work out.  :)   

So I don’t think the Peanut Butter applies...  it’s not Ripple losing focus..  they are still doing exactly what they planned.  They are just funding others to allow multiple shoots to grow so that there is not just the one tree,  but many sprouting simultaneously.

Nothing detracting from Ripples strength and focus...  just funding others which will grow the overall ecosystem.

I agree its not necessarily  Ripple branching off, rather them just funding these projects.  My problem is what there funding.  Moneygram was brilliant because it will directly increase xrapid usage, in fact its in the contract.  Why not pursue other ventures that will directly increase xrapid flows?  Maybe I'm missing something but funding projects for "content creators" is far from solving the N/V problem.

In the grand scheme of things i can see it all contributing, but maybe this bear market and being in the red for the last 20months in wearing on me. 

1 minute ago, Babelly said:

I agree its not necessarily  Ripple branching off, rather them just funding these projects.  My problem is what there funding.  Moneygram was brilliant because it will directly increase xrapid usage, in fact its in the contract.  Why not pursue other ventures that will directly increase xrapid flows?  Maybe I'm missing something but funding projects for "content creators" is far from solving the N/V problem.

In the grand scheme of things i can see it all contributing, but maybe this bear market and being in the red for the last 20months in wearing on me. 

You are just too much focussed on a higher price tomorrow. Ripple is focussed on a self-sustaining and wide eco-system years and decades from now.

I have a hard time understanding why any FI, Bank, MM, or speculator would pay retail prices for XRP, when they all know that insiders can get 1Billion of them for free?

Some of these “handouts” or “seeds” seriously appear to be nothing more than an alternative path for “insiders” to dump drops on the exchange, and share in the rewards by milking other peoples’ hopes.

At least RL only has another 85Billion XRP remaining, meaning this behavior of bypassing the open markets, will come to an end, by 2049.

After that, all of the fully seeded “partners” will have to burn their billions of XRP, and then, finally they will look to the exchanges to buy their XRP back from Hodlrs. My guess is that will take another 15 years, so it is probably safe to predict ‘moon’ around 2065?

Now I understand why centralization is so unfair. It allows a single entity to pick ALL of the winners and losers. We are simply spectators, for the next 5-6 “decades”

1 hour ago, King34Maine said:

Ripple Is Giving Away 1 Billion XRP in Massive Bid to Fund Online Content:

"San Francisco-based fintech company Ripple continues to pump XRP into a growing ecosystem of adjacent startups – despite an ongoing legal complaint alleging that XRP is an unregistered security."

"Announced Thursday, Ripple’s investment arm, Xpring, participated in the $4 million seed round for the in-browser payment processing startup Coil, spearheaded by former Ripple CTO Stefan Thomas. (Thomas and Ripple were the sole participants in the round.)"

Ripple's Xpring Makes 1 Billion XRP Grant to Drive XRP Adoption:

"Coil, a platform dedicated to reimagining monetization on the web for creators and their fans, today announced a 1 billion XRP grant from Ripple's Xpring. The money will be deployed towards driving adoption of XRP and the Interledger Protocol (ILP) by growing Coil's monetization platform through mainstream adoption of Web Monetization, an open web standard built on Interledger that enables streaming micropayments in any currency, including XRP."

To me this also sounds like Ripple is doing everything to lower the percentage XRP ownership and just OTC sales is not fast enough.