Jump to content

Charting the course of XRP


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, War said:

Just read through the posts of people complaining and getting all nervous about a 10% pullback. If you can't handle a minor correction, just do yourself a favour and sell all your cryptos right now. If you're not okay with a 50% pullback as a crypto investor, honestly just stop.

First post and already telling us what to and don't.:big_boss:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, banistersmind said:

But the shadow (wick?) Only indicates the lowest price during that period of time though - doesn't it? Surely you must take the price it finished at during that time period. 

The Kline (aka candlestick) is defined as... 

Quote

[ a period's ] candlestick shows the market's open, high, low, and close price for [ that period ]. The candlestick has a wide part, which is called the "real body." ... Just above and below the real body are the "shadows" or "wicks." The shadows show the high and low prices of that [ period's ] trading.

More details here:
https://www.investopedia.com/trading/candlestick-charting-what-is-it/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Seoulite said:

I'm afraid I disagree. I know it goes against conventional wisdom but I believe the body of the candle is where the bulk of the volume is, and therefore it is more significant. I agree one shouldn't completely ignore wicks, but they are more misleading than bodies, as they can be drastically different according to different exchanges, and can give a false idea of a nice high or a new low. 

I've worked with Kline data from Binance's API. When I look to compute EMA and CMO indicators, I have to provide a single price value for each period. Traditionally, the defaults you'll see set in charting services like Tradingview, they will default to "CLOSE" price. But offer options for other combinations.

You can certainly see the majority of trading volume occur in the shadows of the Klines. The main body top and bottoms only delineate the open and close prices (see link below).

One of the functions I've coded, is fetching (via API) a period's trading history. Then I'll iterate thru the array, summing the prices/volumes and compute a final weighted average price - and used this as my factor for the indicator calculations. 

I've wrestled with these variations, and concluded that the period's closing price is pretty effective in representing that period's activity - only in rare instances of high volatility is it less representational.

Hope this helps :) 

https://www.investopedia.com/trading/candlestick-charting-what-is-it/ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, banistersmind said:

I thought so! But what - buy volume? sell volume? Or just volume traded?

Heh - there is no such thing as only buy volume :) 

We call it trade volume. 

Think about it... How can you buy something without someone else selling it to you ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, w1s said:

Doesn't matter, dump happening again.

Let me guess, you have a porn addiction and need a dopamine hit every 5 seconds? The current price isn't relevant. Talk to me about price in 6 months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, War said:

Let me guess, you have a porn addiction and need a dopamine hit every 5 seconds? The current price isn't relevant. Talk to me about price in 6 months.

Original.

 

Just now, manateehunter said:

No worries, I can't wait to see what happens when taco stand runs out.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just missed my shot at selling xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SauronRings said:

Off topic but who would’ve guessed doge would be the best crypto to buy into, 5 months ago if you bought it was roughly 2/10 of a cent (0.002) meaning an 100$ investment as of price (not even the peak) today hitting 0.375c would net you a profit 18,750% increase which would calculate out to over a million US dollars which is just insane (I apologise if maths doesn’t calculate out exactly correct was hard to do in my head) 

Dude, you're going to make me delete this forum.

100/0.002=50000, 50000*0.375=18750$.

Please stop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SauronRings said:

Off topic but who would’ve guessed doge would be the best crypto to buy into, 5 months ago if you bought it was roughly 2/10 of a cent (0.002) meaning an 100$ investment as of price (not even the peak) today hitting 0.375c would net you a profit 18,750% increase which would calculate out to over a million US dollars which is just insane (I apologise if maths doesn’t calculate out exactly correct was hard to do in my head) 

Please tell me this post was a joke. I'm not sure what's worse, your ability at math or people who think marketcap = price.

Edited by War
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, w1s said:

Dude, you're going to make me delete this forum.

100/0.002=50000, 50000*0.375=18750$.

Please stop.

As I said I did it in my head you ****, you are the precise reason this forum is dog shit and I haven’t been on it in ages all you needed to say was your maths is wrong and correct it **** you, you ******* entitled piece of shit, thank you for reminding me to delete my account. I hope somebody loves you eventually because it’s easy to see from your blatant toxicity that no one does so your life must be hard. Sending my love sorry for the bad maths I hope you get the help you need 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SauronRings said:

As I said I did it in my head you ****, you are the precise reason this forum is dog shit and I haven’t been on it in ages all you needed to say was your maths is wrong and correct it **** you, you ******* entitled piece of shit, thank you for reminding me to delete my account. I hope somebody loves you eventually because it’s easy to see from your blatant toxicity that no one does so your life must be hard. Sending my love sorry for the bad maths I hope you get the help you need 

Can’t delete it but am gone, mods if you’d just perma ban me I’d appreciate it, again **** you you entitled shit 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.