Charting the course of XRP

Just now, 4Fingers said:

Do we have any clue how these markets are manipulated? I am no TA expert but my gut feeling also tells me these markets are being manipulated. Do we think the volumes that we are seeing are x% fake and that the market is much more thinner than we all think? If I am not mistaken Coinbase already pumped volume by using bots that trade with each other (for which they were fined). 

No it's not just crypto, every market is manipulated. Forex by central banks and the huge banks. Commodities by other people, I don't know. 

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

3 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Does the bot just market sell like a million xrp at a time?

No they place orders of 250k, I am sure they have also some other rulings in play like they only want XY placed overall at one time. Would be interesting to analyze this data.

1 minute ago, Triceratops said:

No they place orders of 250k, I am sure they have also some other rulings in play like they only want XY placed overall at one time. Would be interesting to analyze this data.

I'm watching it on the link you sent. Man I'll be glad when it's over.

10 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

I'm not sure how the sales are done. They sell chunks of 250k XRP per order and I guess they use a limit order or some sorts to put up a sell wall and prevent it from having a huge impact. If they just market sell it, the price would drop immediately. But it is all done on the DEX I was told, in exchange for Bitstamp IOU's.

With current volume his sales are usually done in about 30 minutes, but there were days that it took multiple hours.

1 minute ago, Caracappa said:

I'm not sure how the sales are done. They sell chunks of 250k XRP per order and I guess they use a limit order or some sorts to put up a sell wall and prevent it from having a huge impact. If they just market sell it, the price would drop immediately. But it is all done on the DEX I was told, in exchange for Bitstamp IOU's.

With current volume his sales are usually done in about 30 minutes, but there were days that it took multiple hours.

Ah sorry mate, it was you who gave us the link. Any estimate on how much longer he has until he's all dried out? A few months? Longer?

14 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

I'm watching it on the link you sent. Man I'll be glad when it's over.

8 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

@jbjnr
Made a very interesting thread with great explanations and plotting for predicting the future sales (I think you both saw it). It will be interesting to see what happens the coming weeks, volume is and was very high so there might be some more pressure.

There is still this site that gives a nice overview over his remaining coins.
https://jed.tequ.dev/

I think if the volume keeps up he will sell between 0.2b - 0.3b per week. Remember during one week in February he sold 38m daily.

Edited by Triceratops
Added prediction

And sales were completed at 10:15... It took only 15 minutes to sell 8.4million XRP and that without any noticable sell pressure!

I watch it every day and am starting to conclude that the sales, both now during high volume, but also earlier this year during low volume, somehow has negligible pressure on price.

I am still hoping for that correction to $1.52 any day now because I've got a buy order there. If it wont hit I've got no other option than to take the earlier sell order at $1.95 as profit.

1 hour ago, Seoulite said:

A forum member had explained in great detail exactly how jed’s sales are done but I don’t remember who or on which thread. Was it you, @JASCoder-san? (I love it when you call people like that, you remind me of a friend who speaks to me that way too). 

About the Jed running out of zerps thing, there’s a thread dedicated just to that but I see Caracappa already shared the link. Thank you golden egg pooper :) or is it a bronze egg? It looks bronze to me, but I can’t be sure. 

Not a lot of good reasons why BTC should be falling here. If it doesn't find support here or at 60k then hold onto your hats, next support is 58k and after that is 52k. BTC falls that far and it's looking grim for BTC. We are likely to get hit here too. Remember XRP should find support at 1.50 or so. 

2 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Not a lot of good reasons why BTC should be falling here. If it doesn't find support here or at 60k then hold onto your hats, next support is 58k and after that is 52k. BTC falls that far and it's looking grim for BTC. We are likely to get hit here too. Remember XRP should find support at 1.50 or so. 

There was supposed to be a huge support at around the last ATH @ 61,800.. That got broken so now it's most likely bound to go down.

47 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Looking good, BTC probably goes back to around 62000 levels now. We should see XRP make some good ground because XRPBTC still looks healthy.