Charting the course of XRP

1 minute ago, WarChest said:

Certainly back in 2017, when I was explaining Crypto as best I could to my friends, they were either unaware of it's existence or only hear of vaguely something called Bitcoin. All were totally skeptical, although Two did listen and put a few hundred here and there into BTC, XRP and Eth. Now a few of those uninterested folks have commented that "you were right about that Bitcoin thing, wish I had listened". That is a sign that the herd is coming

The herd is actually huge.  It is the sort of herd you see in documentaries when the wilder beast cross the Serengeti. 

The number of new entrants coming is quite staggering

• FOMO - crypto from social media - mostly young and internet savy
  • FOF - mostly first world professional classes, including newly retired with their pensions (FOF Fear of Fiat)
  • Third world undeveloped and unbanked with their mobiles.  Look at M-pesa and how it was adopted in East Africa (Huge numbers)
  • Professional in Business and Fintec, computer services - An older group, many already aware or into XRP
  • Migrants sending money home and interacting with FX APIs
  • Institutions, including pension funds, on behalf of clients
  • Banks and big businesses holding some crypto, often for utility purposes
  • Retail - Amazon,Walmart?

These different groups are arriving in different cycles and time scales.  Their arrival will completely overwhelm previous assumptions about cycles.  

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

Happy Monthly candle close everyone!  XRPBTC closed above 2555 which was my bullish level. This is a great sign. I think it is now reasonable to expect the next monthly candle to be either a 50% i

14 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

The herd is actually huge.  It is the sort of herd you see in documentaries when the wilder beast cross the Serengeti. 

The number of new entrants coming is quite staggering

• FOMO - crypto from social media - mostly young and internet savy
  • FOF - mostly first world professional classes, including newly retired with their pensions (FOF Fear of Fiat)
  • Third world undeveloped and unbanked with their mobiles.  Look at M-pesa and how it was adopted in East Africa (Huge numbers)
  • Professional in Business and Fintec, computer services - An older group, many already aware or into XRP
  • Migrants sending money home and interacting with FX APIs
  • Institutions, including pension funds, on behalf of clients
  • Banks and big businesses holding some crypto, often for utility purposes
  • Retail - Amazon,Walmart?

These different groups are arriving in different cycles and time scales.  Their arrival will completely overwhelm previous assumptions about cycles.  

One of my non crypto friend also ask me how to buy crypto today. He is driven by the new ATH of bitcoin when he saw the news.

Don't underestimate the power of:

1) Elon Musk's bitcoin purchase (Elon is buying, see? crypto is cool and it is not a scam)

2) BTC ATH (OMG, last chance to buy before 100k)

3) Coinbase IPO (Crypto is real, wall street is coming, I need to get in)

All 3 things combined can trigger a huge inflow of money.

Edited by jockeyng

Xrp volume these few days has been crushing it, exceeding eth and bnb, almost exceeded btc. I envision it will go to no. 2 in cap in not so distant future. 

And if the ODL thing got widespread like corona virus, dethroning btc as no.1 is not so unlikely anymore. 

Anyone with some brain cells know the shortcoming of btc. They're only prolonging its death due to personal interest, it can't remain no. 1 forever, someday those who awaken to the truth will outweigh those who personal interest people and push btc below no. 1.

- Signed off by Deslie - 

14 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Yesterday I almost fat fingered myself into a short position on XRP.  So yeah, knowing the ropes can avoid pitfalls for sure.

What I was trying to get at I suppose is whether there is going to be a permanent advantage in any of this because you got in early.  So will you for instance ‘lock in’ higher rates or something if you are the first few in a pool or something like that?

Because it's running in an accelerated time mode, you can iterate thru different actions and gauge their results in hours instead of days or weeks in a real-time context. That's not really locking in anything per se.

As for the acquisition of YFIN, that should not vanish too quickly, I'd guess. So here too, you are not missing out on much advantage.

Hopefully we'll be able to easily monitor the YFIN's "vanishing rate," so you can know if you need to jump in asap or can hold off and service your other priorities.

Cheers, Tiny-san :) 

24 minutes ago, xrpDeslie said:

Xrp volume these few days has been crushing it, exceeding eth and bnb, almost exceeded btc. I envision it will go to no. 2 in cap in not so distant future. 

And if the ODL thing got widespread like corona virus, dethroning btc as no.1 is not so unlikely anymore. 

Anyone with some brain cells know the shortcoming of btc. They're only prolonging its death due to personal interest, it can't remain no. 1 forever, someday those who awaken to the truth will outweigh those who personal interest people and push btc below no. 1.

- Signed off by Deslie - 

The BTC Store of Value meme is extremely well embedded and invested in.  Some would say to big to fail.

I agree it will fall apart, but not anytime soon. 

I think it will happen something like this

ETH will lose its no 1 place to ADA and DOT and maybe FLR

BTC will be the only PoW crypto, and one, two or three utility coins will overtake it in Market cap (maybe XRP, Maybe ADA - too early to speculate)

The Store of Value meme will be taken over by the new No 1 MC coins

BTC will gradually become an irrelevance, and lose its value relative to other store of value coins

Edited by Julian_Williams
4 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

BTC will be the only PoW crypto, and one, two or three utility coins will overtake it in Market cap (maybe XRP, Maybe ADA - too early to speculate)

Your comment reminded me of this clip Jungle Inc. tweeted... (this meme will continue to grow, heh):

14 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

The BTC Store of Value meme is extremely well embedded and invested in.  Some would say to big to fail.

I agree it will fall apart, but not anytime soon. 

I think it will happen something like this

ETH will lose its no 1 place to ADA and DOT and maybe FLR

The Store of Value meme will be taken over by the new No 1 MC coins

BTC will gradually become an irrelevance, and lose its value relative to other store of value coins

That's all much more likely and reasonable than my line of thinking. 

I think the BTC elevator is nearing capacity right now, and will go over capacity relatively soon. When a big institution makes their move out, I think the others will desperately jump out with them and grab the first few lifelines available as the cables begin to snap. 

This was my second big analogy today. 

7 hours ago, Neurotoxin said:

Ahhhh, that makes total sense. Caught me off guard there. Where can one purchase their IPO shares? I’d imagine they’d be cheap at the start, although they might not be since were in the middle of a bull cycle. 

It's not an IPO, it's a direct listing. 
Right now they're trying to reconcile the initial bids and asks, so public trading has yet to begin...
( any moment now... )

3 hours ago, retep said:

This hard and much??? 

And where will this end and for how long?

Remember what I said?

Seriously i would be more confident if we would correct for a couple of days at 1,30 to 1,50. This rise is not healthy at all.