Charting the course of XRP

1 minute ago, Mummabearinvestor said:

Its not at worst case scenario yet but when it drops 40cents in a couple hours

Its just after midnight here and i woke up to all my coinspot texts. Im only knew but i didnt think anything over 25cent drop was very good in crypto world

Go back to bed when you wake up it’ll be up another 40 cent 😂

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

17 minutes ago, billion said:

Didn't cardano go through a 30% drop on its way up? I think we're doing just fine

ADA has been consolidating for about 6 weeks.   Really boring given how well every thing is performing, but a great investment all the same.  I think ADA should start its journey to 1.85 soon.

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

Good bounce on 1.46, or there abouts.  I hope that was the buying opportunity and bottom?  Maybe I am too optimistic?

I mentioned this a few posts earlier, but posting again. This correction is not XRP specific. It's just the broad BTC/ETH/XRP and other crypto market correction. It feels more pronounced with XRP because it has been going up a lot more when BTC/ETH did and going down a lot too, with similar downward movements. It's just a lot more volatile than BTC/ETH which is understandable given that a year's worth of BTC growth just got compressed in a few weeks.

This is a 1D % change chart with BTC/ETH/XRP. You'll see how pronounced XRP movements are in either directions. In other words, to answer your question, check the levels on BTC/ETH. If you think they have had a suitable correction and will now go up a bit, you can consider buying XRP because XRP went down a lot more. If you think there's more correction to be had with BTC/ETH, then wait because you'll get XRP even cheaper.

The market is being manipulated by algorithmic trading right now, rather than fundamentals. Keep that in mind.

861687608_XRPUSD_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_04_14_2021.thumb.png.3e1e9f4eba00cb381fd6fc11088dc653.png

2 minutes ago, Ripley said:

I mentioned this a few posts earlier, but posting again. This correction is not XRP specific. It's just the broad BTC/ETH/XRP and other crypto market correction. It feels more pronounced with XRP because it has been going up a lot more when BTC/ETH did and going down a lot too, with similar downward movements. It's just a lot more volatile than BTC/ETH which is understandable given that a year's worth of BTC growth just got compressed in a few weeks.

This is a 1D % change chart with BTC/ETH/XRP. You'll see how pronounced XRP movements are in either directions. In other words, to answer your question, check the levels on BTC/ETH. If you think they have had a suitable correction and will now go up a bit, you can consider buying XRP because XRP went down a lot more. If you think there's more correction to be had with BTC/ETH, then wait because you'll get XRP even cheaper.

The market is being manipulated by algorithmic trading right now, rather than fundamentals. Keep that in mind.

861687608_XRPUSD_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_04_14_2021.thumb.png.3e1e9f4eba00cb381fd6fc11088dc653.png

What's the difference between algorithmic trading and fundamentals?

19 minutes ago, Ripley said:

That is a great chart.  do we discount these fluctuations as being "corrections" when they are linked to BTC?  First tiem i have heard that, but it makes sense.

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Interesting Anecdotes.   I have been hiding my interest in crypto from my friends because amongst the people I mix with they think "crypto - Bitcoin - money laundering scammers - illegal, shady, don't touch"

Recently I have begun opening up, because something in the  air is changing.  Maybe there is a new meme running - "my savings are in jeopardy because our government are printing too much fiat"

My point is that there is an embryonic interest amongst my peers, who are decidedly outside the crypto bubble, in knowing a little bit more about crypto.  Comment like "my children have mentioned it to me" "I don't know enough about it, but I should learn".  I think during the 2017 bubble there was zero interest in being involved, these people have got to stage of "I need to get up to speed on this stuff".  My peer group are most retired with country houses and substantial savings and pensions.  In coming months this group could arrive  in numbers.  They will be long term holders, not traders, and they will suck up and lock up stock.

Certainly back in 2017, when I was explaining Crypto as best I could to my friends, they were either unaware of it's existence or only hear of vaguely something called Bitcoin. All were totally skeptical, although Two did listen and put a few hundred here and there into BTC, XRP and Eth. Now a few of those uninterested folks have commented that "you were right about that Bitcoin thing, wish I had listened". That is a sign that the herd is coming

3 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

That is a great chart.  do we discount these fluctuations as being "corrections" when they are linked to BTC?  First tiem i have heard that, but it makes sense.

I personally don't consider either "good" or "bad" movements when they are clearly correlated with other assets. I always assume that these changes revert eventually. They might be a good way to trade if you have automated bots. For example, if you historically see that the % change among two highly correlated assets are within a range, then you could invest in both, balance and rebalance when the change goes out of bounds

See here for BTC vs ETH. If you had a $1000 in both starting March 16, and if you think BTC will eventually catch up with ETH, then isn't right now a great time to rebalance the 25% difference in profits you gained from ETH ? As long as the 25% is higher than the fees it takes to do the transaction, that is. I'm not aware of anything fundamental changing with ETH. 

For regular folks/investors, you should just ignore it. Don't invest or get out in a hurry when the changes are correlated.

1879119106_BTCUSD_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_04_14_2021-2.thumb.png.20bfadf54b1f023d7107522887e3c229.png