Charting the course of XRP

1 hour ago, xrpDeslie said:

Looking back at the 2017 monthly chart, at this rate, our next monthly candle will take us to the psychological level of 10.00

By the way, a lot of my friends starting to post crypto related things in social media, 1 of the hottest meme now is a pic showing a Video call between a loving couple, the guy is having tear on his eyes, the girl asked what's wrong, the guy said I love you, the guy's screen is showing xrp chart spiking to 2 usd. 

Good times, then an hour ago my friend with long time no contact each other, ask me crypto. Particularly the very visible, hottest crypto right now, xrp. 

Xrp is everywhere now. The fomo is real. As per my professor's quote "xrp to 26 usd plus" 

Interesting Anecdotes.   I have been hiding my interest in crypto from my friends because amongst the people I mix with they think "crypto - Bitcoin - money laundering scammers - illegal, shady, don't touch"

Recently I have begun opening up, because something in the  air is changing.  Maybe there is a new meme running - "my savings are in jeopardy because our government are printing too much fiat"

My point is that there is an embryonic interest amongst my peers, who are decidedly outside the crypto bubble, in knowing a little bit more about crypto.  Comment like "my children have mentioned it to me" "I don't know enough about it, but I should learn".  I think during the 2017 bubble there was zero interest in being involved, these people have got to stage of "I need to get up to speed on this stuff".  My peer group are most retired with country houses and substantial savings and pensions.  In coming months this group could arrive  in numbers.  They will be long term holders, not traders, and they will suck up and lock up stock.

I also think there is a big opportunity for financial advisers to create a niche for themselves in the market.  These people need someone else to do their investing and farming in crypto, and they want a friendly face.  If anyone is looking to change career, this might be an interesting space to make money at the same time as follow your personal interest in crypto. 

FOF money (Fear of Fiat) will be a bigger boost to the crypto market than FOMO money and it will also have a stabilising effect.  Gains will be held with less crashes. 

Edited by Julian_Williams
  • Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

4 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I also think there is a big opportunity for financial advisers to create a niche for themselves in the market.  These people need someone else to do their investing and farming in crypto, and they wan a friendly face.  If anyone is looking to change career, this might be an interesting space to make money at the same time as follow your personal interest in crypto. 

This is a great point...but so scary to think about managing someone else's money in crypto with it being so incredibly volatile. Would take a large set of gonads to weather that storm now. But volatility should peak at some point in the not too distant future and then taper off some more. Definitely a new class of financial advisors will come from this. And they'll never have to wear a suit. 

1 minute ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

This is a great point...but so scary to think about managing someone else's money in crypto with it being so incredibly volatile. Would take a large set of gonads to weather that storm now. But volatility should peak at some point in the not too distant future and then taper off some more. Definitely a new class of financial advisors will come from this. And they'll never have to wear a suit. 

I guess it is about having the correct disclaimer forms and maybe insurance cover of some sort.  But the market is huge.  It reminds me of when computers were arriving in the 1980s, and we were learning all these strange words like DOS and floppy drives for the first time.  It seemed so baffling.  We bought computers and did not have a clue how to switch them on, and then what to do when the screen lit up.  Only the brave bought a computer.  I set my company up with a computer in 1986 and we paid something like  £1000 a day for help, it was so expensive!

4 minutes ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

I would imagine those people that you can copy-trade on certain exchanges are going to become quite popular (and wealthy) too. 

yes - this is a user friendly option, but even this is frightening.  Remember they are dealing with their savings and the waters are shark infested.  These people will pay well for service of guidance.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/14/gary-gensler-has-a-full-agenda-as-he-gets-set-to-take-over-the-sec.html

didn't mention that ongoing case that he's been handed that, you know, could define his term and the future of the industry...I don't actually understand it when things like this are so blatantly left out. Conspiracy part of me thinks there is a reason. Cynical part of me just thinks these mfers are too stupid to know. But it does baffle me. 

It gives Ripple such a Voldemort feel. 

Edited by RipMcGillicuddy
wanted to offer an analogy is all
2 minutes ago, at3n said:

Zoom out and look at the daily candles... not so frightening!

Its not at worst case scenario yet but when it drops 40cents in a couple hours

Its just after midnight here and i woke up to all my coinspot texts. Im only knew but i didnt think anything over 25cent drop was very good in crypto world