Charting the course of XRP

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

Bitstamp had scheduled maintenance for a couple of hours (see the flat line on the chart). Seems like a load of sells were triggered on the XRP/EUR market as soon as they came back up. Maybe just a load of stops triggered by the drop in price while Bitstamp was offline?

Nasty surprise for some people I'd say, and a bad time for maintenance.

Looking back at the 2017 monthly chart, at this rate, our next monthly candle will take us to the psychological level of 10.00

By the way, a lot of my friends starting to post crypto related things in social media, 1 of the hottest meme now is a pic showing a Video call between a loving couple, the guy is having tear on his eyes, the girl asked what's wrong, the guy said I love you, the guy's screen is showing xrp chart spiking to 2 usd. 

Good times, then an hour ago my friend with long time no contact each other, ask me crypto. Particularly the very visible, hottest crypto right now, xrp. 

Xrp is everywhere now. The fomo is real. As per my professor's quote "xrp to 26 usd plus" 

12 minutes ago, xrpDeslie said:

Looking back at the 2017 monthly chart, at this rate, our next monthly candle will take us to the psychological level of 10.00

By the way, a lot of my friends starting to post crypto related things in social media, 1 of the hottest meme now is a pic showing a Video call between a loving couple, the guy is having tear on his eyes, the girl asked what's wrong, the guy said I love you, the guy's screen is showing xrp chart spiking to 2 usd. 

Good times, then an hour ago my friend with long time no contact each other, ask me crypto. Particularly the very visible, hottest crypto right now, xrp. 

Xrp is everywhere now. The fomo is real. As per my professor's quote "xrp to 26 usd plus" 

Welcome to the forum. Only 9 post and already 34 likes! You become a bronze member in no time like that! :clapping: 

28 minutes ago, retep said:

If it would be true, then that's a expensive mistake for bitstamp.

They always notify when there is going to be scheduled maintenance, they posted this on 8th april

Due to scheduled infrastructure upgrades, our services will be temporarily unavailable on Wednesday, 14 April, beginning at 8 AM UTC.

So really it's not their fault. The market dumped when they were offline, when it came back online, a ton of stop losses must have been triggered, the xrp/eur orderbook is quite thin and I'd guess that it led to a cascade of sells that were only filled when the orders went alll the way down to 1eur where a ton of cheap buy orders were sitting. The drop on the xrp/usd chart isn't nearly so deep because that's a far more liquid pair with a deep orderbook.

I wonder if the market manipulators (that we often refer to as whales) actually timed a dump during the maintenance for exactly that reason - what a great way to scoop up even more of those stop losses.

Moral of this story - keep an eye out for maintenance down times and don't leave stops in place unless you can tolerate something nasty like that. I think I'd be pretty miffed if I'd lost out on a trade caused by that spike, but is it really bitstamp's fault? (they gave almost a week's notice)