Charting the course of XRP

11 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

No one I've seen has mentioned the great value in "learning the ropes" while in an accelerated context.

IMHO, this main benefit with playing in the FF sandbox... It's running in "Fast-Forward" mode, like in some RTS computer games.

Plus, you can test out different "manual arbitrage" and see which techniques yield you the most gains, with the least amount maintenance you will tolerate (anything repetitive gets tedious, even yield farming for Lambo Petrol money).

"So many cryptos, so little time!" 

So to you the big advantage is the avoidance of that very newbishness I mentioned?  :JC_doubleup:

Yesterday I almost fat fingered myself into a short position on XRP.  So yeah, knowing the ropes can avoid pitfalls for sure.

What I was trying to get at I suppose is whether there is going to be a permanent advantage in any of this because you got in early.  So will you for instance ‘lock in’ higher rates or something if you are the first few in a pool or something like that?

Dont feel obligated to reply...  you’ve already helped me and so many others on multiple occasions.

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

2 hours ago, Seoulite said:

I think most of the people here (including me) who are saying they will 'start taking profits at 3' are only talking about beginning to sell, not sell everything and walk away. I will start to sell some around 3 because 1) I am happy with that return, and 2) it's possible that we touch the ATH and fall all the way back down. I don't want to wait another three years to see some returns.

Having said that, I am not going to sell everything. I am going to see what happens when we reach the high. I don't think $13 dollars or above is realistic within a year or 2 year timeframe, maybe 5 or 10 years. This run I think $5 is very possible. But I'm not gonna just sell everything at $5. Even if I take a lot of profit, I will likely hold some xrp for the long haul on the off-chance that this thing goes to $100. 

I don't think it is wise to have a single point where you just sell everything, unless that point is truly life-changing and you don't need another dollar more than that. If that's not the case then I think gradual profit-taking, DCAing out if you like, is the best way psychologically. If it keeps going, you might miss some but you won't miss everything. If it drop, you will have missed someone but you won't miss everything. 

We're in the 1st inning of the alt coin rally. I truly believe we'll blow right through $5, even $13. Taking a little off the table makes sense, but I think you'll regret not being fully or mostly invested as this thing takes off. 

6 minutes ago, xrp_sea said:

We're in the 1st inning of the alt coin rally. I truly believe we'll blow right through $5, even $13. Taking a little off the table makes sense, but I think you'll regret not being fully or mostly invested as this thing takes off. 

Maybe but maybe not. It depends on how much you have invested and your position in life. At three dollars I want to put some money in my pocket for reasons I stated above. Don’t forget this is still crypto, the riskiest asset class available. Some fatal flaw with the XRPL could be exposed right now and the price could plummet to near zero. Is that likely? No, but it is possible. Crypto is massive risk and massive reward. I have been lucky to get into crypto and lucky to buy xrp. At some point I am expecting to be unlucky.

15 minutes ago, xrp_sea said:

Agreed. I think there’s too many things on the horizon such as SEC case going bye bye and legal clarity. Also as other have said, we are still very far away from ATH on XRP/BTC chart, as well as the XRP/USD chart. I see no problems with $5 and hoping for multiples of our previous ATH as you said. Of course, we could be wrong, but based on the entire market up to this point + XRP/Ripple’s specific situation at this point in time, I think we are in the 1st inning, 1 out, 1 man on first base, 1-1 count

It is unlikely our first run at $2 will break through. Expect a rejection. We will see heavy resistance between 2 and 2.36. That is the key level. After that we have broken orbit and the rocket will have a clear shot. Going through the resistance will be bumpy as all hell. Keep your legs and arms inside the vehicle at all times. 

Hola my friends,

I just have a quick question; can the coinmarketcap mistake of reporting XRP volume in trillions for few hours have some effect on Jed's sales next week?!

I mean, what if they count that in; and he blasts like half a billion a day!? Then what?!

Or is it not an issue; and they see it was a glitch by coinmarketcap??!

:search:

12 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

It is unlikely our first run at $2 will break through. Expect a rejection. We will see heavy resistance between 2 and 2.36. That is the key level. After that we have broken orbit and the rocket will have a clear shot. Going through the resistance will be bumpy as all hell. Keep your legs and arms inside the vehicle at all times. 

Do you expect to see a test at $2 tonight or tomorrow or is this a sideways movement type of thing for a while ?

1 minute ago, Milly238 said:

Do you expect to see a test at $2 tonight or tomorrow or is this a sideways movement type of thing for a while ?

Hard to say. There's nothing really keeping us from testing $2, so yeah I would expect a test there within the next 12-24 hours. The sideways (or strong up and down) will come when we hit the resistance levels. I have no idea how long we may be at these levels. BNB had a 21 day correction on the way up. However, as we said yesterday, in 2017 XRP went from these levels to the top in 6 days. It's very hard to say but I do expect it to be bumpy. 

8 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Hard to say. There's nothing really keeping us from testing $2, so yeah I would expect a test there within the next 12-24 hours. The sideways (or strong up and down) will come when we hit the resistance levels. I have no idea how long we may be at these levels. BNB had a 21 day correction on the way up. However, as we said yesterday, in 2017 XRP went from these levels to the top in 6 days. It's very hard to say but I do expect it to be bumpy. 

Thanks for your insight! I enjoy reading your posts 

5 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

One more thought: the thing I like the most about being in from the bottom of the bull run is the way the profits start to multiply so fast because the moves become proportionate to the price levels. For instance, down at 30 cents we would struggle all day up and down one or two cents. Now we blow through whole cents in a 5 minute candle. If you bought at 30 cents, your profit increases 10% every 3 cents, so you can be making returns on your money in five minutes that normies would be happy with in a year.

And that‘s why we have logarithmic charts. It can be quite stressful to see your balance moving four-digit inside an hour for what takes days in the past but yeah its fun and we are here for the long run. 
:good:

45 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

$2, like $1, is a huge psychological level. There will be a lot of buy and sell orders already clustered around it. This is not just crypto, these big whole numbers are also significant in forex and commodities. I think it's because they are so simple and easy to understand. Ever since we started to learn to count we've understood the idea that after 1 comes 2, and after 2 comes 3. It's also a nice big number that's easy for people to calculate their take profits and limit orders around.

Right now it is not a question of bears shorting xrp, they have long been routed from the field. Anyone shorting XRP these last two weeks has been wrecked. Any thought that this was just a pump and dump has been banished. Instead the battle now is people taking profits. Some people on this very chat are taking profits. If I had a massive stack I would also be taking some profits here. It's just the way it goes. Not everyone thinks it will go to 5 dollars, not everyone needs it to. 

One more thought: the thing I like the most about being in from the bottom of the bull run is the way the profits start to multiply so fast because the moves become proportionate to the price levels. For instance, down at 30 cents we would struggle all day up and down one or two cents. Now we blow through whole cents in a 5 minute candle. If you bought at 30 cents, your profit increases 10% every 3 cents, so you can be making returns on your money in five minutes that normies would be happy with in a year. This is one reason why crypto is so fun for me. 

Yeah, but a small loss is tremendous when you get in so early. Losing 1% may mean 10-20% for normal guys. But I guess it’s happy problem right?

I start to understand why whales are still interested in buying btc. Their bag is so huge that (maybe they buy when btc is 2 or 3 digits) they don’t need 50% profit to be wealthy, a few percent this week or next week is talking about millions of dollars already. Protecting their initial investment is more important than doubling your money at that moment.

will btc drops to zero? Not in the last 10+ years, so likely no.

If btc drops half its value, will it goes up again every 4 years? Very very likely

will btc beats inflation? Definitely, you just need to wait every 4 years to double or triple your money

This all looks very attractive for big whales. I am not so sure any other crypto can give you 3 YES.

Edited by jockeyng

5am London. Time for bed. What will XRP do when I wake up, who knows. But the entire market right now is going nuts. 

The next bloodbath aint gonna be pretty that's for sure lol.