Charting the course of XRP

17 hours ago, Seoulite said:

I watched his video. I can see where he is putting his resistance but I disagree, I think the resistance he is pointing to is actually closer to 60-65. He is also saying that after reaching above 2 dollars we might see a return to 75 cents. Like I said maybe if its a flash crash but I don't expect a huge retracement like that. In a move as bullish as this I don't think it is necessary, plus we didn't see that at all in 2017. 

It sounds like he called bitcoin very well, but I'm not so sure about his idea of holding all the way to 13 dollars. I'd like to know how long he is willing to wait for that. It sounds like he is an older man with a family so maybe he is willing to wait ten more years before drawing anything out, but 13 dollars on this bull run? Hmm, I don't see it myself. 

I am personally waiting until $10 to start taking some profits. I think it’s inevitable we will eventually hit that number. A new ATH feels like it’s right around the corner. I am struggling to come up with an exit plan though because I know this market as a whole has a lot of room to grow. The next 3-5 years could be huge. 2T market to a 20T market? Legal clarity for XRP...I just feel like selling anything before $10 I would really regret a few years down the road. I guess time will tell

2 minutes ago, JonesZero0115 said:

how do i get these FLR tokens i have XRP's on my ledger nano s since 2017

https://blog.flare.xyziclaiming-spark-faqs

I also havea Nano Ledger S and went to the above website as well as using the video below for reference.

I went through the process earlier today and it worked great.

15 minutes ago, w1s said:

Aren’t we here for the $$$? Does it matter if you have 1000xrp worth 10000$. Or 100xrp 10000$. It’s totally the same in my eyes. Reminder, I don’t sell all my stack. I play around with some. 

If you can explain more why your way is better. Would like to learn of course!

Yes, it does matter with crypto, especially if you want $$$$ as you so eloquently put it. 
As crypto fluctuates so wildly in price, by having a larger stack of xrp allows you to gain far higher yields of $ as the price increases. But as it drops in price, dependant on if you timed your sell at the high, you’ll be able to buy back your original amount, take $$$ out and then buy back the same amount of xrp for the next run up. The end goal being to remove your initial investment, therefore trading for free. Then you can choose to alternate to either take out the $$$ you make or reinvest, therefore increasing your stack and increasing the yields you make on each sale. This is all well and good in an ideal world, but not for everyone. You run the risk of bad timings and then emotion takes over and you chase candles, loosing both $$$ and xrp. 

Edited by B088IN
Note : Don’t forget to account for fees and potential tax implications of continuous trades. As crypto is becoming more mainstream, the tax man will want to know about each trade and if you made profit, therefore a taxable event.

23 minutes ago, Mummabearinvestor said:

How far down do u think we will go? 

it's hard to predict. we could get support at 1-1.10$ and rebound on it. or we could just keep going up like we re doing since some days.

Or we could get to 1.5$ and go back up. really hard to tell right now. but we're bullish so we may keep going up for some time even if we get corrections

Edited by Baka

59 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

Ok this is a thought along the lines of some that have been shared here before (although I think it’s the Hopium/FOMO talking in my head) What if we sell our stacks and NOW is the time the world FINALLY adopts crypto technology? Then we are left in the sidelines waiting for that ever expected crash back down to baseline, and fiat horribly inflates in the process, causing crypto to never crash, but instead, appreciate even further? It’s just a thought, and while I WILL sell my stack during this bullrun, I planning on keeping a small stash aside in case my thoughts aren’t one of those things that only happen in dreams and movies. 

I will still be VERY happy with the fiat gains and will be able to make many moves that were previously not possible. I am beyond excited. Last night I was looking at the price in the 1.60’s, and I was like hmmm, will I wake up to 1.80, or will I wake up to a crash. Woke up to see us in the 1.80’s and I was a bit shocked. I was kind of expecting to see a day of red, but no. 

You can’t time the market, so don’t try unless you’re a trader willing to take the risk, and if you get burned, well, you were playing with fire, you knew the possible consequences. Best of luck. 

I had this thought as well...we’ve never been this close to institutional adoption...I just feel like the “crash” isn’t going to be as severe as others. Idk man ahaha this will be a tough decision to make. I’m basically going back and forth between selling somewhere between 25% and 50% at what I think will be the “top” some point this year around $8-$12

22 hours ago, Seoulite said:

Seems unlikely we will just stop here. Breakthrough of 1.5 should happen soon, next significant stop should be somewhere around 1.9 to 2 dollars. Expecting a bigger correction there. After that it is the ATH. 

OK so we are starting to see some gnarly swings up and down. Not unexpected at this stage and nothing to panic about. Expecting this to be the largest correction (either in time, price swings, or both) before we reach the top. We seem to be finding support at 1.7 for now but if we go down through that the next strongest support should be around 1.4. If we go that low I would expect an immediate bounce. A decent comparison in moves would be looking at the corrections that ADA made on its way to the high. Some of these are 30% swings. It could get rough.

wsSHsarF

7 hours ago, hsc said:

As a long time hodler from October 2017, I really have a question to ask. Why are people so pessimistic in this bull run? Many people believe 3-4 USD are quite dangerous and wish to cash out if XRP reaches 3 USD. In 2017, XRP reached 3 USD when BTC was hovering around 15000 and ETH was less than 1000. Now BTC is 60000 and ETH is more than 2000. Many ALTs value several times more than their 2017 ATH. I am wondering why most people don't believe XRP can double or triple or even more its ATH which means 6 USD, 9 USD or 12 USD just like many other cryptos. XRP reached more than 20000 Satoshi in last two peaks in 2017. Why are there so few people believe history  can repeat itself ?I am not trying to convince people that XRP can reach 12 USD or so. I just would like to understand how you guys think about this so I may make better decisions. Thank you very much.  

I think most of the people here (including me) who are saying they will 'start taking profits at 3' are only talking about beginning to sell, not sell everything and walk away. I will start to sell some around 3 because 1) I am happy with that return, and 2) it's possible that we touch the ATH and fall all the way back down. I don't want to wait another three years to see some returns.

Having said that, I am not going to sell everything. I am going to see what happens when we reach the high. I don't think $13 dollars or above is realistic within a year or 2 year timeframe, maybe 5 or 10 years. This run I think $5 is very possible. But I'm not gonna just sell everything at $5. Even if I take a lot of profit, I will likely hold some xrp for the long haul on the off-chance that this thing goes to $100. 

I don't think it is wise to have a single point where you just sell everything, unless that point is truly life-changing and you don't need another dollar more than that. If that's not the case then I think gradual profit-taking, DCAing out if you like, is the best way psychologically. If it keeps going, you might miss some but you won't miss everything. If it drop, you will have missed someone but you won't miss everything. 

1 hour ago, JonesZero0115 said:

Thanks mate just did it and damn, if those FLR tokens are gonna be 0.50$ I am eating my shoe :D 

If you're feeling especially frisky, and/or greedy, check out the Flare Finance public beta, and learn how to farm max gains on staking your gifted Sparks. (best info in the FF's public Discord)

22 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

If you're feeling especially frisky, and/or greedy, check out the Flare Finance public beta, and learn how to farm max gains on staking your gifted Sparks. (best info in the FF's public Discord)

I’m not really in a position just now to participate in that.  So the question I want to ask you good sir is:  won’t it be easy enough to know a good prospect at the time?

I realise there may be disproportionate profits to be made in the very first days,  but wouldn’t you expect that after a week or so the path would be clear enough and easy enough for someone who is basically a newb to do ok with Flare and FlareFinance?

13 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

I’m not really in a position just now to participate in that.  So the question I want to ask you good sir is:  won’t it be easy enough to know a good prospect at the time?

I realise there may be disproportionate profits to be made in the very first days,  but wouldn’t you expect that after a week or so the path would be clear enough and easy enough for someone who is basically a newb to do ok with Flare and FlareFinance?

No one I've seen has mentioned the great value in "learning the ropes" while in an accelerated context.

IMHO, this main benefit with playing in the FF sandbox... It's running in "Fast-Forward" mode, like in some RTS computer games.

Plus, you can test out different "manual arbitrage" and see which techniques yield you the most gains, with the least amount maintenance you will tolerate (anything repetitive gets tedious, even yield farming for Lambo Petrol money).

"So many cryptos, so little time!" 

11 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

No one I've seen has mentioned the great value in "learning the ropes" while in an accelerated context.

IMHO, this main benefit with playing in the FF sandbox... It's running in "Fast-Forward" mode, like in some RTS computer games.

Plus, you can test out different "manual arbitrage" and see which techniques yield you the most gains, with the least amount maintenance you will tolerate (anything repetitive gets tedious, even yield farming for Lambo Petrol money).

"So many cryptos, so little time!" 

So to you the big advantage is the avoidance of that very newbishness I mentioned?  :JC_doubleup:

Yesterday I almost fat fingered myself into a short position on XRP.  So yeah, knowing the ropes can avoid pitfalls for sure.

What I was trying to get at I suppose is whether there is going to be a permanent advantage in any of this because you got in early.  So will you for instance ‘lock in’ higher rates or something if you are the first few in a pool or something like that?

Dont feel obligated to reply...  you’ve already helped me and so many others on multiple occasions.