Molten

Charting the course of XRP

2 minutes ago, DD_XRP said:

Well.. If it stays like this, or if we go down further, I see me getting that Euro-rail pass as well.. :D

Haha that that was brilliant!  Either way, might be in the same boat.

1 minute ago, dr_ed said:

The long wicks (aka shooting star candles) are traditionally considered a sign of exhaustion...but I have recently heard it said that in crypto that bots do this at times.

Was just coming to post about these wicks.  I think the bots have shown us where the next resistance is $0.295.  Wouldn't be surprised if we consolidated here for a few days, but that's a level to watch.

CY6mBscZ

One thing is certain: volatility is back in XRP like we haven't seen in some time.  Remember when we languished at $0.30 for months with only fractional cent moves per day?  Now we are starting to see +/-5% daily as the norm.  I know, it doesn't sound like much, but I think this is the precursor to bigger moves. 

XRP is alive again!

Edited by Molten

21 minutes ago, RipplingAlong said:

You only have 10k XRP? :)

Don't put words in people's mouth. He didn't say that and it's not important unless you plan on sending him some more or buying them from him.

15 minutes ago, Molten said:

The counter argument to this would be that crypto was very illiquid back then and thus relatively smaller amounts of money resulted in much larger price action.  With higher access and liquidity comes higher amounts of money to move the price.  Or at least so it would seem to me.... I don't think we will get the 40x type stuff of the past, my guess would be somewhere 10-15x.  But again, based on nothing.  Time will tell.

If we end 2019 at $1 I will be thrilled.

10 times is $3 which is where the last ATH reached.  In the last two years the potential pool of investors has gone from 1 person in a hundred to 60% of the population.   I think $30 is not out of reach, but it would be much better if the growth is much, much slower than this.  The scenario of a massive run that draws in millions of new investors is not good because it would be driven by mass hysteria and end with a lot of naive people getting fleeced of their savings by crypto savy whales.

1dollar end of 2019 will do me fine.

4 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

10 times is $3 which is where the last ATH reached.  In the last two years the potential pool of investors has gone from 1 person in a hundred to 60% of the population.   I think $30 is not out of reach, but it would be much better if the growth is much, much slower than this.  The scenario of a massive run that draws in millions of new investors is not good because it would be driven by mass hysteria and end with a lot of naive people getting fleeced of their savings by crypto savy whales.

I guess I meant 10x from the launch point.  Here is not the launch point.  It might grind up to $1 slowly and then go parabolic from there, which would result in $10.  I think $10 is an absurdly positive outcome, if it ever comes to that. 

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

As much as many people hear would drool at a massive run, I think if that were to happen it would be a disaster for crypto.

Many people lost their savings at the last run and if that happens again at an exponentially greater magnitude I don't see that ending well.  It could destroy the space.

Like you said, the master whales and manipulators would just run rampant burning all of the novices and new people in the market.

Can you imagine how big the drawdown would be and how long the next crypto winter would be if that happened?

3 minutes ago, Molten said:

I guess I meant 10x from the launch point.  Here is not the launch point.  It might grind up to $1 slowly and then go parabolic from there, which would result in $10.  I think $10 is an absurdly positive outcome, if it ever comes to that. 

I sort of guessed you must have 10 dollars rather than 3 dollars in mind.

Just wanted to close the loop on those XRPUSD short interest charts that popped up a while back showing a big spike.  Shorts settled right back down, no short squeeze, no discernible news.... very odd.  But it appears the threat is over (for now).

RUNJ28zr

11 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

As much as many people hear would drool at a massive run, I think if that were to happen it would be a disaster for crypto.

Many people lost their savings at the last run and if that happens again at an exponentially greater magnitude I don't see that ending well.  It could destroy the space.

Like you said, the master whales and manipulators would just run rampant burning all of the novices and new people in the market.

Can you imagine how big the drawdown would be and how long the next crypto winter would be if that happened?

In my lifetime the world has changed a lot.  People today have to work much much harder to save money, and at the same time they see celebs get effortlessly rich.  People are very likely to throw caution to the wind to get on a train that makes them rich quick with their relatively sparse savings.   I think it is inevitable that buying crypto to get rich is going to go viral, provided it is easy to do.  Lets face it that's what many of us are doing on this forum.

Edited by Julian_Williams

5 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I would say that someone who is in their twenties or thirties with 10K XRP is extremely well positioned.  Only when you get to my age (mid sixties) do you really need a lot more than that.

And then mostly just for posterity....what in the world can someone that aged possibly need, other than good coffee (tea?)  and a rocking chair?              :)

Maybe some art supplies..... hehehe. 

Just kidding, Julian. I am right there on the same page with you.

5 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

In my lifetime the world has changed a lot.  People today have to work much much harder to save money, and at the same time they see celebs get effortlessly rich.  People are very likely to throw caution to the wind to get on a train that makes them rich quick with their relatively sparse savings.   I think it is inevitable that buying crypto to get rich is going to go viral, provided it is easy to do.  Lets face it that's what many of us are doing on this forum.

Check. This is spot on, in my estimation.

It's just a matter of a spark needed to light up the REAL crypto run, which will be driven by all the people willing to speculate in markets...not everyone, certainly, but way more than what we see today. It is getting easier all the time to play this game. Soon the powers that be will bless it too, since it is to their advantage to do so......were just waiting on them to figure that part out.

Those of us on the forum, I believe, are a little different. A bit more far-sighted than the rest, I hope...and critical thinkers who can make decisions based on their own DD, and not wait for advice from some advisor, broker, or cab-driver to get aboard.

Just now, dr_ed said:

And then mostly just for posterity....what in the world can someone that aged possibly need, other than good coffee (tea?)  and a rocking chair?              :)

I'll have lost all my marbles by that age... won't know from Wednesday from Wembley. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a good care home. 

15 minutes ago, Molten said:

Just wanted to close the loop on those XRPUSD short interest charts that popped up a while back showing a big spike.  Shorts settled right back down, no short squeeze, no discernible news.... very odd.  But it appears the threat is over (for now).

RUNJ28zr

You might have been right about it being a hedge.....interesting that it isn't seen as being needed now...perhaps some threshold has been attained or some downside risk is now seen as far less.