Charting the course of XRP

4 hours ago, Warg said:

Another thing to ponder is;

Which of the 2 following scenarios do you think is the worst.

1) Selling early, taking a profit, say at XRP $2.4 (you made x5) but then having to watch XRP go to $20.

2) Being greedy (or fanboi) holding too long or having too high expectations. Let's say it goes to $20, but you don't take profit and then you ride it down to $0.50 again.

I think scenario 1 is worse because sitting on the sidelines watching price keep going up probably hurts more than loosing the initial capital.  

Scenario 2 is both subjectively and objectively worse. In scenario 1 you already won even if you didn’t sell at the top, and you can always buy back the position you had when it drops to 50 like in scenario 2, and you’ll still have profit left over. 

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

2 minutes ago, RussianStandards said:

I wonder what price I’ll wake up too tomorrow, probably the most nervous I’ve been to wake up 😂 best of luck to us all

Hahaha, i have the same thing.:lol:

6 hours ago, Gambaard said:

This is why, for every sell+withdrawal that I do, I keep 20% of that amount in my wallet, to buy back the same amount of XRP when it drops 80% or more :)

E.g.: Sell 100 XRP @ $2.00 = $200. Withdraw $160 from account, from the remaining $40 I buy back 100XRP @ $0.40.

Which is fine if it drops low enough to buy back, but at some point, the low won’t allow you to buy back the same amount and you will gradually reduce your stack. 

11 minutes ago, RussianStandards said:

I wonder what price I’ll wake up too tomorrow, probably the most nervous I’ve been to wake up 😂 best of luck to us all

edit: we are toying with retaking #3

Its 7am here but last night i couldn't sleep thinking about this plus my baby awake all  night.  Wish it was bedtime again 🤣 no idea what price xrp will be in a few hours but im thinking it will be about the same 

Ok this is a thought along the lines of some that have been shared here before (although I think it’s the Hopium/FOMO talking in my head) What if we sell our stacks and NOW is the time the world FINALLY adopts crypto technology? Then we are left in the sidelines waiting for that ever expected crash back down to baseline, and fiat horribly inflates in the process, causing crypto to never crash, but instead, appreciate even further? It’s just a thought, and while I WILL sell my stack during this bullrun, I planning on keeping a small stash aside in case my thoughts aren’t one of those things that only happen in dreams and movies. 

I will still be VERY happy with the fiat gains and will be able to make many moves that were previously not possible. I am beyond excited. Last night I was looking at the price in the 1.60’s, and I was like hmmm, will I wake up to 1.80, or will I wake up to a crash. Woke up to see us in the 1.80’s and I was a bit shocked. I was kind of expecting to see a day of red, but no. 

You can’t time the market, so don’t try unless you’re a trader willing to take the risk, and if you get burned, well, you were playing with fire, you knew the possible consequences. Best of luck. 

12 minutes ago, B088IN said:

Which is fine if it drops low enough to buy back, but at some point, the low won’t allow you to buy back the same amount and you will gradually reduce your stack. 

If you sell all let's say at 2$, price goes up to 2.1$, yes you reduce your stack. But % never change if you buy back with all the money you took out.

You took out 10000, crypto price goes up 25%. You take out all, invest it all when it drops "7%?" Buy all again, repeat. xD

Works for me. Ofc if you expect it to go down, or up to make profit. XRP is easy now, it's going to go up. I'll get super scared at around 4$.

Or am I doing it all wrong? Yes I have some stack on HODL xD

3 minutes ago, w1s said:

If you sell all let's say at 2$, price goes up to 2.1$, yes you reduce your stack. But % never change if you buy back with all the money you took out.

You took out 10000, crypto price goes up 25%. You take out all, invest it all when it drops "7%?" Buy all again, repeat. xD

Works for me. Ofc if you expect it to go down, or up to make profit. XRP is easy now, it's going to go up. I'll get super scared at around 4$.

Or am I doing it all wrong? Yes I have some stack on HODL xD

You’ll only keep your original stack, which is what you want to achieve, if you sell say 1000 xrp @ x price, then it dips in price, and you buy back 1000 xrp at a lower price therefore releasing your profit. It’s quantity of xrp you want, not value of, therefore you can make profit during highs and lows with either the intention of removing your investment, or reinvesting your profit and increasing your xrp stack 👍👌

10 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

Ok this is a thought along the lines of some that have been shared here before (although I think it’s the Hopium/FOMO talking in my head) What if we sell our stacks and NOW is the time the world FINALLY adopts crypto technology? Then we are left in the sidelines waiting for that ever expected crash back down to baseline, and fiat horribly inflates in the process, causing crypto to never crash, but instead, appreciate even further? It’s just a thought, and while I WILL sell my stack during this bullrun, I planning on keeping a small stash aside in case my thoughts aren’t one of those things that only happen in dreams and movies. 

I will still be VERY happy with the fiat gains and will be able to make many moves that were previously not possible. I am beyond excited. Last night I was looking at the price in the 1.60’s, and I was like hmmm, will I wake up to 1.80, or will I wake up to a crash. Woke up to see us in the 1.80’s and I was a bit shocked. I was kind of expecting to see a day of red, but no. 

You can’t time the market, so don’t try unless you’re a trader willing to take the risk, and if you get burned, well, you were playing with fire, you knew the possible consequences. Best of luck. 

That’s a good way of thinking. Really, everyone has different needs, belong to different economic realities, etc.

It’s absolutely critical that you don’t put in money you don’t have. That means if you’re in net debt outside of crypto, please please clear your debt. Never be in debt if you can help it. Ever. 

Now if you had, say, 100k. You could take a mortgage loan of 100k at ~3%, put your actual 100k as USDC in something like Celsius (divided among Celsius, Nexo, BlockFi in case one of them kicks the bucket) and still end up with about 9% APY yield leaving you with a net profit of about 3% after your mortgage payment (interest + principal) while getting a income tax deduction against the 3% interest. In this specific scenario, you’re managing liquidity with the money you HAVE. Even if you technically have debt, you are not IN debt.

If you can afford to be patient, don’t need the money right away, it’s up to the risk you want to take. For example, if I am not in need of money immediately and I had a stable job, and I believed in the potential of XRP for cross border payments, I might want to wait and see what happens with Flare, the lawsuit, Ripple’s IPO etc. If the market goes down in the meantime, so be it because I might say “well, what’s another 3,4 years because eventually it’ll come back up with a vengeance”. But I might not have that flexibility (that’s why the rich stay rich and the relatively poor stay poor), so it would depend on my economic and family needs.

Don’t time the market. Be clear about your goals, get out and be patient. You can get back in at some point. Or, be honest about the risks and don’t complain when markets go the other way.

9 minutes ago, B088IN said:

You’ll only keep your original stack, which is what you want to achieve, if you sell say 1000 xrp @ x price, then it dips in price, and you buy back 1000 xrp at a lower price therefore releasing your profit. It’s quantity of xrp you want, not value of, therefore you can make profit during highs and lows with either the intention of removing your investment, or reinvesting your profit and increasing your xrp stack 👍👌

Aren’t we here for the $$$? Does it matter if you have 1000xrp worth 10000$. Or 100xrp 10000$. It’s totally the same in my eyes. Reminder, I don’t sell all my stack. I play around with some. 

If you can explain more why your way is better. Would like to learn of course!

12 minutes ago, Ripley said:

That’s a good way of thinking. Really, everyone has different needs, belong to different economic realities, etc.

It’s absolutely critical that you don’t put in money you don’t have. That means if you’re in net debt outside of crypto, please please clear your debt. Never be in debt if you can help it. Ever. 

Now if you had, say, 100k. You could take a mortgage loan of 100k at ~3%, put your actual 100k as USDC in something like Celsius (divided among Celsius, Nexo, BlockFi in case one of them kicks the bucket) and still end up with about 9% APY yield leaving you with a net profit of about 3% after your mortgage payment (interest + principal) while getting a income tax deduction against the 3% interest. In this specific scenario, you’re managing liquidity with the money you HAVE. Even if you technically have debt, you are not IN debt.

If you can afford to be patient, don’t need the money right away, it’s up to the risk you want to take. For example, if I am not in need of money immediately and I had a stable job, and I believed in the potential of XRP for cross border payments, I might want to wait and see what happens with Flare, the lawsuit, Ripple’s IPO etc. If the market goes down in the meantime, so be it because I might say “well, what’s another 3,4 years because eventually it’ll come back up with a vengeance”. But I might not have that flexibility (that’s why the rich stay rich and the relatively poor stay poor), so it would depend on my economic and family needs.

Don’t time the market. Be clear about your goals, get out and be patient. You can get back in at some point. Or, be honest about the risks and don’t complain when markets go the other way.

Thankfully, the only “debt” I really have are the utility bills, cellphone and internet service, etc. and all that’s well within my budget :)