Charting the course of XRP

1 minute ago, Warg said:

Another thing to ponder is;

Which of the 2 following scenarios do you think is the worst.

1) Selling early, taking a profit, say at XRP $2.4 (you made x5) but then having to watch XRP go to $20.

2) Being greedy (or fanboi) holding too long or having too high expectations. Let's say it goes to $20, but you don't take profit and then you ride it down to $0.50 again.

I think scenario 1 is worse because sitting on the sidelines watching price keep going up probably hurts more than loosing the initial capital.  

lol you really think 5x gains are worse than losing your initial capital?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

1 minute ago, Warg said:

Another thing to ponder is;

Which of the 2 following scenarios do you think is the worst.

1) Selling early, taking a profit, say at XRP $2.4 (you made x5) but then having to watch XRP go to $20.

2) Being greedy (or fanboi) holding too long or having too high expectations. Let's say it goes to $20, but you don't take profit and then you ride it down to $0.50 again.

I think scenario 1 is worse because sitting on the sidelines watching price keep going up probably hurts more than loosing the initial capital.  

For me, the first one is clearly worse. 2.5 is a more than 10 times return but it is far from life changing one( I do not invest much at that time). 20 is quite good and can make my life much easier. Thus, I will not cash out at 2.5. However, I can't wait for 20 either. 

5 minutes ago, billion said:

Yes I think so, if price keep going up. Selling too early and watching the party continue can be quite rough too you know...?

9 minutes ago, billion said:

I guess the prudent thing to do is to at least withdraw your initial capital of course. But all this rant was just a way of saying, that selling too early can also be a regretful event looking back.

I'm sure there's plenty of people who sold their AAPL/AMZN/TSLA or whatever stock way way too early.

Edited by Warg
2 minutes ago, xrpDeslie said:

Okay this is crazy, i didn't expect to get rewarded so soon after swapping everything to xrp, I'm supposed to atone for my sins as an ex-btc maxi. 

Someone, flame me please, to ease my guilt. 

Maybe you're the whale?!

1 minute ago, Warg said:

I guess the prudent thing to do is to at least withdraw your initial capital of course. But all this rant was just a way of saying, that selling too early can also be a regretful event looking back.

I definitely get what you're saying, but I truly think less than 1% of this board will be selling within 20% of the upcoming new ath, so chances are we have to simply prepare for the fact that we'll either be too early or too late, so long as we're happy with the money we've made. Otherwise, missing out on everything (like I did back in 2017/18) is much much worse. 

Have been away for for quite some time, not paying attention to crypto, but wow I'm happy about what I'm seeing.

To be honest I'm also sceptical if we can hold this value, but let's see. I've been loading my bags in the last 3 years at various price points (all sub 50 cent), so I'm quite comfy now.

The forum has become less active tho it seems

The cryptocurrency market seems to run in 3 or 4 year intervals. Right now we are in a bull phase. I have been holding XRP since May 2017, but I cashed out last year but bought in at a cheaper position than originally (.22 a coin). Seems like some are saying the bull phase could end by Summer.

Unlike in 2017, when I kept my bag of XRP when the market crashed, I want to see some of my XRP then and take some profits. Enough to pay off my debts and maybe a little bit more.

I don't want to be left holding the bag, like last time.

Long time lurker just created an account here.

Definitely not giving any financial advice however here’s my plan: I’m selling 5% of my stash every time it hits another dollar all the way up to $21 if I’m counting it right. Started the other week when it hit $1. Went all in on XRP exactly a month ago at 44cts. What a month it’s been  

Very confident it’s another bubble that will peak this winter and then pop and we’re getting another brutal bear market afterwards. 2017 all over again. Summer might be boring. 

1 hour ago, billion said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVxp-T3P4w&ab_channel=BlockchainBacker

Great video by blockchain backer, would you agree with him that bitcoin is in its final run up and that XRP will peak during BTC retracement after it has set its ATH?

More people should chime on this one -- it's an important video.

It's really the million dollar question. Is BC Backer's almost purely chart-driven analysis correct?

For those who haven't watched, he's claiming BTC is gonna top between 67 - 80k or so, and alt season starting sort of confirms we're at the end of the BTC cycle this time around.

A couple of problems here. As he himself points out, in 2017 there were 2 alt seasons. He mentions that, but I don't find his reasoning compelling that we might not actually be in the 1st alt coin cycle. 

Another problem is that he's not looking at the macro picture at all. He dismisses it all as some kind of media noise.

I'm not sure what the roll with here, but I'm resistant to the idea that BTC's top is close. 

Edited by HenrySeldom

@HenrySeldom

BCB is not a pro trader at all, you can enjoy his video and optimistic character but don't take what he says for absolut truth.

And talking about predictions , he predicted that BTC would fall from 50k to 30k , well we did correct to 42k but he was aiming for a much lower price.

What he says in his videos are just simple things , to have a sell plan and to not be too greedy , and that he s not selling any XRP before 10-13$.

Edited by Baka

I see @uphold is down again🤬as UK, EU or US holder, it’s not good. These guys said they had added extra stress to their servers? Seems they didn’t do enough. I’m only looking at a very small partial of my earnings  but others with a lot of their money should be worried 

Would be nice to see how much my portfolio is worth 😀 a guy can swing his 🤪 and be happy?😎

Edited by Trentsteel