Charting the course of XRP

14 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I have no exit plan.

The value of the FLR tokens will also play a part.

This is basically where I'm at. I don't have a hard exit plan. I think I'll sell 10% at $10 if/when it gets there and then let the rest ride. I view my XRP as a lottery ticket, not an investment.

FLR will be interesting, since it's basically free money. I might treat that as my toy/vacation slush fund assuming it doesn't end up worthless. I have other crypto holdings that I consider to be investments. Some are staking coins which I'll treat like regular income if they ever become stable at a respectable price (ARK, ICX, WGR), some are projects that I think have real teeth development and tech-wise (BAT, GLM, etc.) *insert "I'm in it for the technology gold guy" picture*

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

Happy Monthly candle close everyone!  XRPBTC closed above 2555 which was my bullish level. This is a great sign. I think it is now reasonable to expect the next monthly candle to be either a 50% i

4 minutes ago, mookie said:

BTC is more than 3x its 2017 ATH.  After the lawsuit resolves favorably and exchanges relist, I see XRP doing the same which would mean around $10.  Assuming favorable regulatory clarity with the SEC outcome, the superior utility of XRP could drive it well above $10. 

Some bad news from the lawsuit could trash the price too for a long time.

As a long time hodler from October 2017, I really have a question to ask. Why are people so pessimistic in this bull run? Many people believe 3-4 USD are quite dangerous and wish to cash out if XRP reaches 3 USD. In 2017, XRP reached 3 USD when BTC was hovering around 15000 and ETH was less than 1000. Now BTC is 60000 and ETH is more than 2000. Many ALTs value several times more than their 2017 ATH. I am wondering why most people don't believe XRP can double or triple or even more its ATH which means 6 USD, 9 USD or 12 USD just like many other cryptos. XRP reached more than 20000 Satoshi in last two peaks in 2017. Why are there so few people believe history  can repeat itself ?I am not trying to convince people that XRP can reach 12 USD or so. I just would like to understand how you guys think about this so I may make better decisions. Thank you very much.  

2 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

Yep. Important to be grounded on that. That said, I suspect that Ethereum will dump bad if Ripple's case goes bad. And Bitcoin still has a potential climate-change related regulation that might go against it in the short term.

15 minutes ago, mookie said:

BTC is more than 3x its 2017 ATH.  After the lawsuit resolves favorably and exchanges relist, I see XRP doing the same which would mean around $10.  Assuming favorable regulatory clarity with the SEC outcome, the superior utility of XRP could drive it well above $10. 

Where is the utility?

The only utility is transfer Fiat/BTC from one account to another, like all coins, not from bank to bank.

Edited by MQB
13 minutes ago, Gambaard said:

This is why, for every sell+withdrawal that I do, I keep 20% of that amount in my wallet, to buy back the same amount of XRP when it drops 80% or more :)

E.g.: Sell 100 XRP @ $2.00 = $200. Withdraw $160 from account, from the remaining $40 I buy back 100XRP @ $0.40.

It's never going to be 0.4$ again lol

14 minutes ago, hsc said:

As a long time hodler from October 2017, I really have a question to ask. Why are people so pessimistic in this bull run? Many people believe 3-4 USD are quite dangerous and wish to cash out if XRP reaches 3 USD. In 2017, XRP reached 3 USD when BTC was hovering around 15000 and ETH was less than 1000. Now BTC is 60000 and ETH is more than 2000. Many ALTs value several times more than their 2017 ATH. I am wondering why most people don't believe XRP can double or triple or even more its ATH which means 6 USD, 9 USD or 12 USD just like many other cryptos. XRP reached more than 20000 Satoshi in last two peaks in 2017. Why are there so few people believe history  can repeat itself ?I am not trying to convince people that XRP can reach 12 USD or so. I just would like to understand how you guys think about this so I may make better decisions. Thank you very much.  

Because if you could sell enough to retire comfortably in 5 more years at those levels, would it be worth risking that amount so that hopefully you could instantly retire?  If you were wrong then you'd be working 10-15+ more years.  That is the sort of scenario that some here might be in.  Others have different aspirations.  I'm sure there's some similar example out of Game Theory.

I think it would be more painful to lose the bird in your hand than to miss out the two in the bush.

The late '17 run was surprising, but when we were pumping, I doubt anyone thought that the next 3 years would've happened.

I also think BTC is hot garbage, and if enough people realize it, then the market could implode.  Ticking time bomb.  XRP still isn't used in any major ways.

Enough edits :)

Edited by mrhat75
Just now, mrhat75 said:

Because if you could sell enough to retire comfortably in 5 more years at those levels, would it be worth risking that amount so that hopefully you could instantly retire?  If you were wrong then you'd be working 10-15+ more years.  That is the sort of scenario that some here might be in.  Others have different aspirations.

I think it would be more painful to lose the bird in your hand than to miss out the two in the bush.....I think at least.

I understand for some people 3 USD are enough. It is reasonable to cash out if one can get the life changing money. The question is, many people believe 3 USD is the top, not the 2.5, nor the 5. How do they come with such a conclusion? 3 USD is just close to the ATH, that's all. However, other cryptos and history shows that previous ATH is not important to this bull run.

16 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

What i heared until now is that the sec is making a fool out of themselves, so no one is taking them serious anymore.

And not yesterday but monday a week ago, xrp started to lift off while the next hearing was on tuesday,

so people don't even bother to wait for whatever those comedians have to say.

And like i already said to someone else here, the US is only good for 8-10% of xrp's market, so xrp wil do fine

with or without them. As a matter of fact, it's already doing fine without them. And let's say the sec would

win, then ripple can always pack their suitcases and move to another country, it's easy as that.

Just now, hsc said:

I understand for some people 3 USD are enough. It is reasonable to cash out if one can get the life changing money. The question is, many people believe 3 USD is the top, not the 2.5, nor the 5. How do they come with such a conclusion? 3 USD is just close to the ATH, that's all. However, other cryptos and history shows that previous ATH is not important to this bull run.

Nobody knows and anything could happen.  I'd agree with you that #1: coins are holding gains now unlike the last run and #2: previous ATHs are being cracked by 'many' coins.

The problem is what if you're wrong.  What if it all goes to shit?

11 minutes ago, w1s said:

It's never going to be 0.4$ again lol

Sure hope you're right, but we will see. I thought the same thing during the last bull run: "It'll never be under a dollar anymore!" And since then, we've had several sub $0.20 dips...

1 minute ago, mrhat75 said:

Nobody knows and anything could happen.  I'd agree with you that #1: coins are holding gains now unlike the last run and #2: previous ATHs are being cracked by 'many' coins.

The problem is what if you're wrong.  What if it all goes to shit?

No one knows what will happen. I just want to understand why people choose 3 USD at a target. If somebody follows history or other cryptos, it may be 6, 9, 12 USD.  If somebody wants to be safe, why not now, or 2 USD, or 2.5 USD? Or just pick the money that can change your life. The previous ATH seems like a arbitrary pick but many people just pick this number.