Charting the course of XRP

I remember you guys saying that XRP won‘t go over $1 to $1.10 because of the SEC trial. Before we get higher the case must be closed. Now we are at $1.70 and I really wonder why. It‘s scary and beautiful at the same time. :shock:

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

Happy Monthly candle close everyone!  XRPBTC closed above 2555 which was my bullish level. This is a great sign. I think it is now reasonable to expect the next monthly candle to be either a 50% i

We may be looking at the perfect storm here, hear me out. We are yet to hit ATH while almost all other tokens around us have done so (talking top ten) - apart from Litecoin and Stellar. Stellar appears to be pegged to XRP, and I think it will high ATH at around the same time. Litecoin... errmmm who cares, seriously who cares about Litecoin - so moving on. 

If we keep seeing this steady incline on price with little pull backs here and there, we'll see new support levels. I believe this is happening for two main reasons - people are seeing the good news flood out around the law suit, it's gone a million times better than I was expecting, and we were badly oversold. XRP sitting at #7 on coinmarketcap just seemed surreal. XRP does not belong there, and even in light of really bad news was never going to stay there forever, it's too big. Large sums of money are backing this project and the community is huge, the tech is amazing and we're seeing adoption before our eyes. OK, for some the level of adoption hasn't been what they'd hoped, we can acknowledge that. 

So why do I think this is the perfect storm - well having watched XRP for some time (more than three years) I've seen it pump last and the hardest but I've also seem news move the price suddenly and it goes off like a rocket. These 'steady' gains we've seen appear to be sustainable, so if say we're at the $2.5 level and coinbase / binance or kraken relist we'll see another pump. I can't see them all relisting in sync so we'll get a boost effect each time a big exchange does (I hope) which will produce FOMO - as we're in a bull market and things are heating up. People will rush into XRP if they see it pumping. Then... there's the law suit, which is a total shower, settles, right before the exchanges start relisting. Wherever we are at that particular time I see XRP doing a x10. So I could see XRP anywhere between $12-$18 realistically. But we'll see some sharp pull back after that. If BTC keeps rising, or even going sideways, we'll then see XRP slowly rise again to surpass ATH once more. It'll be a rough ride for some but all I can see is good news ahead, which I think will impact the price positively. 

Are my fears of it cracking $3 and then dropping back down substantially lower for at least another couple of years substantiated at all?  Really worried about greed doing me in.  That is my first exit point for some percentage of what I hold and then I plan on doing DCA on the way up with some potential panic selling on drops.

I mean all coins so far have made big gains and held.  In the last run, everything went up and then came back down harshly in a very short time frame.

I'm going nuts here.  This has been a year of black swans....

Edited by mrhat75
Just now, mrhat75 said:

Are my fears of it cracking $3 and then dropping back down substantially lower for at least another couple of years substantiated at all?  Really worried about greed doing me in.  That is my first exit point for some percentage of what I hold and then I plan on doing DCA on the way up with some potential panic selling on drops.

I mean all coins so far have made big gains and held.  In the last run, everything went up and then came back down harshly in a very short time frame.

I'm going nuts here.

You should not worry. It's our time now!

25 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

I'm going nuts here.  This has been a year of black swans....

I have no exit plan.  But to play safe I will take back my stake at some point, maybe at between 3- 5, and after that keep a sharp eye on the action.  

There are also some obvious resistance points at which I will sell a few, partly in the hope that the price will retrace and I can by back cheaper.  If it does not retrace I will not rebuy, if it retraces I will rebuy.   

There is no way of guessing how long this bull run will run.  I will be watching sentiment, are big investment institutions coming in for the first time, is FOF money coming in, does the market feel exhausted.  Just now I feel this bull run has lots of momentum, and whilst expect some big 30% retracements, I have no feeling it is near its peak yet.

The value of the FLR tokens will also play a part.

BTC is more than 3x its 2017 ATH.  After the lawsuit resolves favorably and exchanges relist, I see XRP doing the same which would mean around $10.  Assuming favorable regulatory clarity with the SEC outcome, the superior utility of XRP could drive it well above $10. 

2 hours ago, jockeyng said:

In 2017, CoinMarketCap remove korea market and cause the price to "Drop" like hell. XRP price then crash to 10% of ATH.

In 2020, SEC case happens just in time at the start of the bull market to drop the price from 0.75 to 0.17.

I don't know about you, but I always expect this kind of "accident" in the world of XRP. The enemy will throw all kinds of weapons to us to avoid XRP going up to the top. You need to have a really strong heart to see the end.

This is why, for every sell+withdrawal that I do, I keep 20% of that amount in my wallet, to buy back the same amount of XRP when it drops 80% or more :)

E.g.: Sell 100 XRP @ $2.00 = $200. Withdraw $160 from account, from the remaining $40 I buy back 100XRP @ $0.40.