Jump to content

Charting the course of XRP


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Gamblord said:

100% agree. 

In particular ADA is what I believe could be 2021's version of 2017 XRP. Even if it doesn't go all the way to $12, I can plausibly see $6 at the peak of the mania. XRP would normally be a good candidate for retailer mania but the SEC crushed it. Why would retailers get behind a coin in limbo with a company being sued from every direction including the government went they could throw in proof-of-stake ETH killer? 

I can XRP going to around $1.30 if it crosses $0.86, then retracing back to $0.30 after BTC goes down 50-70%. Possibly higher if a settlement is reached early but this seems like wishful thinking. 

I'm more excited about the FLR distribution. If it even keeps half it's value today I'll be feeding steak to my dogs for a long time.

FLR IOUs are up 42% today to $1.19 on Bitue. Wouldn't it be amazing if someday XRP were worth as much as the token we're getting airdropped for free..:)

FLR just might end up being XRP's saving grace. We might just forget about XRP once we get FLR. Who would have thought...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

In the short term, if the a Flare Network is successful, FLR will be worth more than XRP. It will have to be to support its issued F-assets.

Is that correct?

 

The value ratio is 2.5 times the wrapped asset I think.  Doesn’t that merely mean that whatever the FLR value is you just need to pile up 2.5 times the XRP value?

The ONLY time it would NEED to be higher value than XRP is if really large amounts of XRP are getting wrapped.

Doesnt mean that it can’t or won’t be higher...  but unlike earlier posters,  I don’t believe it HAS to be higher.  They seemed to be assuming every XRP would be wrapped which definitely won’t be the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gamblord said:

100% agree. 

In particular ADA is what I believe could be 2021's version of 2017 XRP. Even if it doesn't go all the way to $12, I can plausibly see $6 at the peak of the mania. XRP would normally be a good candidate for retailer mania but the SEC crushed it. Why would retailers get behind a coin in limbo with a company being sued from every direction including the government went they could throw in proof-of-stake ETH killer? 

I can XRP going to around $1.30 if it crosses $0.86, then retracing back to $0.30 after BTC goes down 50-70%. Possibly higher if a settlement is reached early but this seems like wishful thinking. 

I'm more excited about the FLR distribution. If it even keeps half it's value today I'll be feeding steak to my dogs for a long time.

I am not expecting ADA to go that high. Movement after breaking the ATH has been very bearish. Plus I think the BTC bull run might be over for now. We will likely see significant correction from alts until we start to see a real alt season. I'd love to be wrong, I'm still holding a little ADA just in case, but I think this is it for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

Is that correct?

 

The value ratio is 2.5 times the wrapped asset I think.  Doesn’t that merely mean that whatever the FLR value is you just need to pile up 2.5 times the XRP value?

The ONLY time it would NEED to be higher value than XRP is if really large amounts of XRP are getting wrapped.

Doesnt mean that it can’t or won’t be higher...  but unlike earlier posters,  I don’t believe it HAS to be higher.  They seemed to be assuming every XRP would be wrapped which definitely won’t be the case.

No, I wasn't assuming that every XRP will be wrapped. But Flare exists to be a multi-currency ledger. That's kind of the whole reason for putting the FTSO at it's heart. Sure the oracle can be used for other things - executing some condition in a smart contact based on the temperature in San Fransisco, or whatever - but the big obvious use case is pricing feeds and the main reason for the pricing feeds is for representing and trading assets within the network. So my thinking is that if Flare is successful, that means it's going to get a good chunk of XRP, LTC, DOGE, XLM, and dollars. And that's not even including the elephant in the room, if that ever becomes an F-asset. And that's just F-assets. That doesn't reflect value of FLR as gas for running smart contacts.

It's almost like Flare rigged (I don't use that word with a negative connotation here) it so that every bit of utility that the network provides will be reflected in the price of FLR. Ripple is different, at least hypothetically, people could use XRP simply for transaction fees and store all their value in IOUs. The XRPL could theoretically move trillions of dollars worth of value while XRP remained very cheap (how realistic that situation would be is a separate question). I don't think that's possible, even in theory, with Flare.

Edited by brianwalden
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

Sure the oracle can be used for other things - executing some condition in a smart contact based on the temperature in San Fransisco, or whatever

Uhh... Wait guys. If you look into the implications of that "whatever," I think I just made the case for using Flare's FTSO to report sports scores and run unregulated decentralized sports gambling smart contracts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

No, I wasn't assuming that every XRP will be wrapped. But Flare exists to be a multi-currency ledger. That's kind of the whole reason for putting the FTSO at it's heart. Sure the oracle can be used for other things - executing some condition in a smart contact based on the temperature in San Fransisco, or whatever - but the big obvious use case is pricing feeds and the main reason for the pricing feeds is for representing and trading assets within the network. So my thinking is that if Flare is successful, that means it's going to get a good chunk of XRP, LTC, DOGE, XLM, and dollars. And that's not even including the elephant in the room, if that ever becomes an F-asset. And that's just F-assets. That doesn't reflect value of FLR as gas for running smart contacts.

It's almost like Flare rigged (I don't use that word with a negative connotation here) it so that every bit of utility that the network provides will be reflected in the price of FLR. Ripple is different, at least hypothetically, people could use XRP simply for transaction fees and store all their value in IOUs. The XRPL could theoretically move trillions of dollars worth of value while XRP remained very cheap (how realistic that situation would be is a separate question). I don't think that's possible, even in theory, with Flare.

Just to be clear. This is not financial advice. It's all based on if Flare is successful. And remember, "If you build it, they will come," is a lie from Hollywood. In 2013 Ripple had a system that could send payments or trade anything for cheaper than any payments service or exchange out there. They did not come. It takes more than good technology. You need a lot of other things to go right to be successful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brianwalden said:

No, I wasn't assuming that every XRP will be wrapped.

Actually wasn’t referring to you then.

I agree with all that you said above.  And I also share your realisation that just because it could,  doesn’t mean it will.

I hope it does.  I can easily write a scenario where it really does capture all that value.  As well as one where the crypto world moves on disdaining to look at or use the excellent facility.

I will probably wrap some XRP just for the experience and to show my support.  I will also be pooling into the FTSO teams and trying some Flare Finance yield.  I hope that many others do too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, xrp_sea said:

FLR IOUs are up 42% today to $1.19 on Bitue. Wouldn't it be amazing if someday XRP were worth as much as the token we're getting airdropped for free..:)

FLR just might end up being XRP's saving grace. We might just forget about XRP once we get FLR. Who would have thought...

Damn, if I had access to those IOU’s right now I’d sell half the stack at least, could def use that money right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

Actually wasn’t referring to you then.

I agree with all that you said above.  And I also share your realisation that just because it could,  doesn’t mean it will.

I hope it does.  I can easily write a scenario where it really does capture all that value.  As well as one where the crypto world moves on disdaining to look at or use the excellent facility.

I will probably wrap some XRP just for the experience and to show my support.  I will also be pooling into the FTSO teams and trying some Flare Finance yield.  I hope that many others do too.

Yeah, I intend to use my FLR on-network for whatever type of passive income I can get. And I'll move my XRP over too if the return on investment is anywhere close to current CeFi options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.