Jump to content

Charting the course of XRP


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, jockeyng said:

I’m gonna be honest, even though I frequent the TA threads the most (both Eric’s and Molten’s), I NEVER actually look at the charts (ok big exaggeration, of course I glance over em sometimes but never really LOOK, I just enjoy reading the interpretation and the comments everybody else makes. With that said, massive red candles are usually followed by green from the little I’ve seen, so that chart on the first link would definitely be a good buying indicator. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Elysium2030 said:

You are wrong, my XRP are up over 90%.

And of course I'm salty and of course I'm negative, but there are simple reasons for that.
I hate myself for having trusted Ripple and XRP, not having seen the signs and also here in the forum have always seen only the positive bubble.

I was there SauronRings. On 04.01.2018 when XRP rose to over 3.50$, my profit was low six figures, I did not sell. Because I believed in Ripple, because I believed in XRP, in the usecase, in the executives, in what they were saying. I thought it was just the beginning. As many others probably did.

I was there when Ripple Executives claimed 2 out of 3 of the largest remittance companies were testing XRP. blah blah Household Names.
I was there when everything speculated SBI VC will change everything.
I was there when Brad claimed a bank will be using XRP by the end of the year (2018)
I was there when Brad claimed by the end of 2019 dozens of banks will be using XRP

None of that happened, but the hopium continued (BAKKT anyone? "when regulation kicks in, then..."). There was even a calculation tool from Stanford (Susan Athey afaik) herself where you could calculate the value of XRP based on the money it would transfer. Isn't that a gigantic hopium? Were not dreams sold here?

The facade began to crumble, the ODL transfers (according to utility xrp) collapsed. Xspring investments went bust or never use XRP, Hodor left the community, Brad tweeted embarrassing tweets about XRP and BTC to the world after XRP holders lost money for months, etc. 
I began to have more doubts. I thought I was on the right side, I trust XRP, the reasonable coin in a wild market full of snakes and scammers, the coin of the future that has a usecase. I couldn't sell at the time, partly because XRP, as always, wasn't making any real profit. i didn't want to sell at +10%, not after all these years. For months we had sideways movements between 18-28 cents. 

Meanwhile, I no longer believed in the usecase, but I believed in the bull market. And the journey started well for XRP. In November 2020, it finally took off and then BOOM.
The Lawsuit. The next slap in the face. Not only could XRP be declared a security, it came to light that all the executives who had raised false hopes for years sold their holdings in the millions. Brad made millions, we have been suffering for 3-4 years and hoping.

XRP remains on the ground now, delisted from major US exchanges, other coins are flying. I thought I was doing everything right , XRP was the rational choice. I hate myself for not having diversified properly, I hate myself for having trusted Brad and co even though I know since 2019 at the latest that much is marketing and the track record is weak. I believed too strongly in XRP.

Even currently the unprofessionalism does not tear off. 14 days after Asheesh Birla tweets that the partnership with Moneygram is a multi-year one, the partnership is terminated, Monica Long claims the XRPL runs parallel to the CDBC ledgers and is the bridge, other executives claim that can happen but is not the plan. What now?

I am 90%+ in the green. I still won't sell. i have to wait for the end of the lawsuit and the end of the bull run, before that my FOMO is too big. I can't switch into other coins, that should have happened a year ago.

Yes I am salty
That's why I need Hopium to justify my investment somehow. And I think a negative voice is important because all that glitters is not gold, I have experienced 3-4 years of Ripple and XRP and 90% of the feelings were disappointed expectations. 

And that's something new investors should know. Because I'm not an ******* who sells dreams, I sell reality.

 

I agree with almost all of this, except I do not think you should blame yourself for going all in behind XRP/Ripple.  With hindsight you might blame yourself for not seeing the red flags, but the failures were explainable as the sorts of set backs any project of this size and ambition would run into along the way.  Also given the malice and FUD coming from BTC maxis, separating the FUD from the reality became an impossible task.  David Schwartz has been the bright light throughout and he never lied, but we were not to know about the duplicity of BG.  I do not think DS, XRP/Ripplenet have failed, like us they have been hit by SEC and a scandal surrounding the CEO.  What I am certain about is that BG has failed, and continuing with a CEO who is this dishonnist is a very bad omen for Ripple's future.  

Looking back at my own personal failure, I can pick out that I did not keep up with the progress of other projects like Cardano.  I thought XRP was good enough that I did not need to expand my horizons, especially as I trade on eToro which has a limited choice of investment opportunities.  After the revelations of BG personal sale I did start looking, and I saw a changed landscape since 2017.  Today XRP/Ripple is one very promising project of many, and being 100% on any of them is silly because by sticking to one horse you are denying yourself the opportunity to participate in other very good opportunities of equal value and promise to the world. 

I am now re-evaluating why some coins do better than others.  I think the reason has to do with the position of tokens in flywheels, and how tokens get locked up in utility, staking and promotions.  This has been the magic formula that has projected DOT, ADA, Binance Coin and Uniswap up the charts.  XRP could hit this same sweet spot if the FLR works, staking takes off and SBI get ODL running in SE Asia.  If XRP Ripple hit this sweet spot it is destined to be the best investment you have ever made in your life, but it looks to me as if this will happen in coming years, not coming months. 

 

Edited by Julian_Williams
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing I don't understand is why haven't SBI got ODL running as yet?

Kitao has been praising XRP for many years now but it still hasn't been implemented into SBI banks in all this time. Have SBI lost interest or what's going on because no other country thinks of it as a security and so there should be nothing to prevent SBI from moving forward in all these years.

Blink of an eye my ass.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gotta get use to the slow pace of Japanese decision-making. These documents needs to get signed off by dozens of key-decision makers that are risk-averse, and frankly doesn't care because they will get paid anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, happygojappy said:

Gotta get use to the slow pace of Japanese decision-making. These documents needs to get signed off by dozens of key-decision makers that are risk-averse, and frankly doesn't care because they will get paid anyways.

Its almost 4 years ago. Decision making cant be this slow. Something else is brewing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, TheXRPNinja said:

Its almost 4 years ago. Decision making cant be this slow. Something else is brewing.

Well, the SEC has had 8+ years without a designation on an asset that has practically begged for help. So, yeah, decision making is a slow process for some.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, TheXRPNinja said:

Its almost 4 years ago. Decision making cant be this slow. Something else is brewing.

It's very odd. From the Western hemisphere standpoint, ODL appears dead. Moneygram massively reduced their usage in July, then reduced it again and now all activity has stopped due to the SEC action. Ripple have sold/are selling their MGI stock and the partnership is at an end. Why are the Japanese still talking about it at all?

If ODL actually saved money for MGI, they would have used it even without incentives from ripple, so there was no need for them to reduce their usage mid year. The only explanation I could think of at the time is that the incentive program that ripple agreed to with MGI was becoming too 'lucrative' for MGI (they increased their usage dramatically, but the fees ripple had to pay become too large), so they agreed to cut back from treasury payments to smaller ones.

There so far appears to be no evidence at all that ODL actually saves money, we had no feedback from FlashFX on that front other than that they were using it and it was good - but if receiving incentives, everyone will say that.

So where does Kitao fit into this, he keeps pushing xrp in his talks and they invest tons of money into related businesses like exchanges and market makers, but still we see no actual activity. Press releases from FX tests etc appear, but  nothing else.

Why would the Japanese bother to keep talking about it if they really are not going to use it? and how many more years will it take before something happens? 

The only positive point to add is that for the last N years, ripple have had to absolutely keep quiet about anything that might be construed as pushing the price for securities related reasons, so it is still possible that there are developments waiting to be released that will improve the ODL situation. All the filing of patents and ongoing work with partners must be going somewhere. It's clear from the engineering blogs from ripple where they are looking at liquidity/dislocation/depth etc that they are still actively pursuing ODL, but why no other corridors outside the USA? The SEC ruling has (should have) no effect on the others.

Once the SEC case is done, ripple will hopefully be able to disclose more information about their activities. We wait with baited breath ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jbjnr said:

It's very odd. From the Western hemisphere standpoint, ODL appears dead. Moneygram massively reduced their usage in July, then reduced it again and now all activity has stopped due to the SEC action. Ripple have sold/are selling their MGI stock and the partnership is at an end. Why are the Japanese still talking about it at all?

If ODL actually saved money for MGI, they would have used it even without incentives from ripple, so there was no need for them to reduce their usage mid year. The only explanation I could think of at the time is that the incentive program that ripple agreed to with MGI was becoming too 'lucrative' for MGI (they increased their usage dramatically, but the fees ripple had to pay become too large), so they agreed to cut back from treasury payments to smaller ones.

There so far appears to be no evidence at all that ODL actually saves money, we had no feedback from FlashFX on that front other than that they were using it and it was good - but if receiving incentives, everyone will say that.

So where does Kitao fit into this, he keeps pushing xrp in his talks and they invest tons of money into related businesses like exchanges and market makers, but still we see no actual activity. Press releases from FX tests etc appear, but  nothing else.

Why would the Japanese bother to keep talking about it if they really are not going to use it? and how many more years will it take before something happens? 

The only positive point to add is that for the last N years, ripple have had to absolutely keep quiet about anything that might be construed as pushing the price for securities related reasons, so it is still possible that there are developments waiting to be released that will improve the ODL situation. All the filing of patents and ongoing work with partners must be going somewhere. It's clear from the engineering blogs from ripple where they are looking at liquidity/dislocation/depth etc that they are still actively pursuing ODL, but why no other corridors outside the USA? The SEC ruling has (should have) no effect on the others.

Once the SEC case is done, ripple will hopefully be able to disclose more information about their activities. We wait with baited breath ...

Forget ODL, new hype is private XRPL, another blackbox for kids to connect dots and it has Cenral bank attached since day 1.

Unfortunatelly for me XRP is dead, it does not innovate, it does not create hype all is left Ripple - software vendor, XRP is a cost cover. Leadership is lost, Transactions per second and fee are not anymore a vehicle, technical stagnation is obvious, so called "decentralisation" is not in play, as more understand complexity and trade offs. The PoW dies slowly, PoS is not that scary to show advantage in green fields. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2021 at 6:51 AM, Elysium2030 said:

I'm still not sure if XRP is getting its moment.

 

This market is full of emotions, feelings, greed and momentum.

 

Twitter and co are full of ADA DOT BTC ETH and coins like HBAR. Currently there is simply no room for XRP hype. It's also not 2017 where XRP was THE promise for a rosy crypto future. It's been 4 years and XRP is still a fringe player in the global business.

The last 3 years have rather hurt XRP in my eyes. Because the promise was not kept. Because many people were disappointed. 

 

HBAR has not disappointed anyone, the money is much looser.

 

XRP needs a 180 degree turnaround, otherwise there will be no real bull run this year

100% agree. 

In particular ADA is what I believe could be 2021's version of 2017 XRP. Even if it doesn't go all the way to $12, I can plausibly see $6 at the peak of the mania. XRP would normally be a good candidate for retailer mania but the SEC crushed it. Why would retailers get behind a coin in limbo with a company being sued from every direction including the government went they could throw in proof-of-stake ETH killer? 

I can XRP going to around $1.30 if it crosses $0.86, then retracing back to $0.30 after BTC goes down 50-70%. Possibly higher if a settlement is reached early but this seems like wishful thinking. 

I'm more excited about the FLR distribution. If it even keeps half it's value today I'll be feeding steak to my dogs for a long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.