Charting the course of XRP

2 hours ago, Elysium2030 said:

XRP needs clarity. The legal case must be resolved as soon as possible, otherwise there is no happyend here.

Absolutely right on this. And I’m cautiously optimistic that it will be resolved within the next few months, one way or another. The pace at which this has been moving forward is crazy.

A few things are almost certain to happen this year:

- Jed done with his sales

- Initial resolution to Ripple’s lawsuit. All that matters for the market is whether they are allowed to continue selling XRP or not - and whether Brad/Chris can continue leading the company. It’s very possible that the legal theatre about older sales continues on.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

11 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Absolutely right on this. And I’m cautiously optimistic that it will be resolved within the next few months, one way or another. The pace at which this has been moving forward is crazy.

A few things are almost certain to happen this year:

- Jed done with his sales

- Initial resolution to Ripple’s lawsuit. All that matters for the market is whether they are allowed to continue selling XRP or not - and whether Brad/Chris can continue leading the company. It’s very possible that the legal theatre about older sales continues on.

I'm still not sure if XRP is getting its moment.

This market is full of emotions, feelings, greed and momentum.

Twitter and co are full of ADA DOT BTC ETH and coins like HBAR. Currently there is simply no room for XRP hype. It's also not 2017 where XRP was THE promise for a rosy crypto future. It's been 4 years and XRP is still a fringe player in the global business.

The last 3 years have rather hurt XRP in my eyes. Because the promise was not kept. Because many people were disappointed. 

HBAR has not disappointed anyone, the money is much looser.

XRP needs a 180 degree turnaround, otherwise there will be no real bull run this year

51 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

Twitter and co are full of ADA DOT BTC ETH and coins like HBAR. Currently there is simply no room for XRP hype. It's also not 2017 where XRP was THE promise for a rosy crypto future. It's been 4 years and XRP is still a fringe player in the global business.

The last 3 years have rather hurt XRP in my eyes. Because the promise was not kept. Because many people were disappointed. 

XRP needs a 180 degree turnaround, otherwise there will be no real bull run this year

Just for the record this man has driven me out of lurking which I promised to do all I’ve seen the last couple of days is you constantly saying negative things about XRP and saying anything you can to further make people doubt the coin. It’s okay not to be XRP positive and it’s okay to think it’s a shit coin that’s your opinion but my question is do you just really not have enough of a life that you post on a forum dedicated to a particular coin and blast it 24/7???

I did some further research into your account first post is December 2017 meaning it’s likely you bought during the 2017 bullrun and lost money I couldn’t tell you how much but it’s a safe assessment to make that you either lost money or are holding currently still at a loss if you sold right now, as most people either invest after doing research and then join this forum or some us this forum to help with research and then invest meaning I’d peg you at investing in a time frame of November 2017 - January 2018. So the point is if you’re really down money and that’s why you’re salty I get it but it’s been 3 years maybe you should I dunno move on with your life???

This links to his 3rd post where he already has a negative outlook on XRP and the ripple company and is during the 2017 bullrun.

back to not posting again but Elysium try going outside and spending time with real people maybe you’ll realise you’re wasting your time on the forum.

1 hour ago, Elysium2030 said:

I agree.  I feel confident that there will be some sort of bull run for XRP, but it might be muted for the reasons you have given.  I think XRP will win through in the long term because it is well established with the banks, has the tech and the patents and excellent team.  The problem is the SEC case and the top leadership have failed and needs refreshing, and the xrp projects have lost some public confidence especially in the media.  I am really lucky that  after the SEC announcement I changed 40% of my XRP for ADA, at the time one XRP was worth one ADA   My portfolio is now nicely balanced to get advantage from this bull run without losing my foothold in XRP.

The private ledgers for XRP on the XRPL are a very important step forward for Ripple XRP.   There is still plenty of good work being done rolling out XRP.

Edited by Julian_Williams
4 hours ago, Ripley said:

We’re in a bubble. Equities, and crypto..

Parabolic growth fuelled by fervour, unrealistic valuations, low interest rates, crazy narratives about “sticking it to the man”, or “store of value”, etc. People are taking loans, borrowing from margin, over-leveraging to get into assets that they are “sure” will never go down.

This happened plenty of times in the past - 2008 (housing/credit), 1999 (tech), 1987 (no one knows for sure), etc.

Those who are in bubbles rarely realise that they are in one. And everyone thinks they can get out before everyone else when it starts to crack. No one does.

One thing does happen when bubbles burst. Assets that are undervalued with actual utility shine. 

What you said is right, problem is when bitcoin drops by 50%, it pulls down the whole crypto world as well. So there should be a strategy to cash out to preserve your purchasing power. I don't want to repeat that $3.5->$0.35 death spiral without a stop loss order even though XRP is only $0.44 but not $3.5

5 hours ago, SauronRings said:

Just for the record this man has driven me out of lurking which I promised to do all I’ve seen the last couple of days is you constantly saying negative things about XRP and saying anything you can to further make people doubt the coin. It’s okay not to be XRP positive and it’s okay to think it’s a shit coin that’s your opinion but my question is do you just really not have enough of a life that you post on a forum dedicated to a particular coin and blast it 24/7???

I did some further research into your account first post is December 2017 meaning it’s likely you bought during the 2017 bullrun and lost money I couldn’t tell you how much but it’s a safe assessment to make that you either lost money or are holding currently still at a loss if you sold right now, as most people either invest after doing research and then join this forum or some us this forum to help with research and then invest meaning I’d peg you at investing in a time frame of November 2017 - January 2018. So the point is if you’re really down money and that’s why you’re salty I get it but it’s been 3 years maybe you should I dunno move on with your life???

This links to his 3rd post where he already has a negative outlook on XRP and the ripple company and is during the 2017 bullrun.

back to not posting again but Elysium try going outside and spending time with real people maybe you’ll realise you’re wasting your time on the forum.

You are wrong, my XRP are up over 90%.

And of course I'm salty and of course I'm negative, but there are simple reasons for that.
I hate myself for having trusted Ripple and XRP, not having seen the signs and also here in the forum have always seen only the positive bubble.

I was there SauronRings. On 04.01.2018 when XRP rose to over 3.50$, my profit was low six figures, I did not sell. Because I believed in Ripple, because I believed in XRP, in the usecase, in the executives, in what they were saying. I thought it was just the beginning. As many others probably did.

I was there when Ripple Executives claimed 2 out of 3 of the largest remittance companies were testing XRP. blah blah Household Names.
I was there when everything speculated SBI VC will change everything.
I was there when Brad claimed a bank will be using XRP by the end of the year (2018)
I was there when Brad claimed by the end of 2019 dozens of banks will be using XRP

None of that happened, but the hopium continued (BAKKT anyone? "when regulation kicks in, then..."). There was even a calculation tool from Stanford (Susan Athey afaik) herself where you could calculate the value of XRP based on the money it would transfer. Isn't that a gigantic hopium? Were not dreams sold here?

The facade began to crumble, the ODL transfers (according to utility xrp) collapsed. Xspring investments went bust or never use XRP, Hodor left the community, Brad tweeted embarrassing tweets about XRP and BTC to the world after XRP holders lost money for months, etc. 
I began to have more doubts. I thought I was on the right side, I trust XRP, the reasonable coin in a wild market full of snakes and scammers, the coin of the future that has a usecase. I couldn't sell at the time, partly because XRP, as always, wasn't making any real profit. i didn't want to sell at +10%, not after all these years. For months we had sideways movements between 18-28 cents. 

Meanwhile, I no longer believed in the usecase, but I believed in the bull market. And the journey started well for XRP. In November 2020, it finally took off and then BOOM.
The Lawsuit. The next slap in the face. Not only could XRP be declared a security, it came to light that all the executives who had raised false hopes for years sold their holdings in the millions. Brad made millions, we have been suffering for 3-4 years and hoping.

XRP remains on the ground now, delisted from major US exchanges, other coins are flying. I thought I was doing everything right , XRP was the rational choice. I hate myself for not having diversified properly, I hate myself for having trusted Brad and co even though I know since 2019 at the latest that much is marketing and the track record is weak. I believed too strongly in XRP.

Even currently the unprofessionalism does not tear off. 14 days after Asheesh Birla tweets that the partnership with Moneygram is a multi-year one, the partnership is terminated, Monica Long claims the XRPL runs parallel to the CDBC ledgers and is the bridge, other executives claim that can happen but is not the plan. What now?

I am 90%+ in the green. I still won't sell. i have to wait for the end of the lawsuit and the end of the bull run, before that my FOMO is too big. I can't switch into other coins, that should have happened a year ago.

Yes I am salty
That's why I need Hopium to justify my investment somehow. And I think a negative voice is important because all that glitters is not gold, I have experienced 3-4 years of Ripple and XRP and 90% of the feelings were disappointed expectations. 

And that's something new investors should know. Because I'm not an ******* who sells dreams, I sell reality.

Edited by Elysium2030

And of course I'm salty and of course I'm negative, but there are simple reasons for that.
I hate myself for having trusted Ripple and XRP, not having seen the signs and also here in the forum have always seen only the positive bubble.

I was there SauronRings. On 04.01.2018 when XRP rose to over 3.50$, my profit was low six figures, I did not sell. Because I believed in Ripple, because I believed in XRP, in the usecase, in the executives, in what they were saying. I thought it was just the beginning. As many others probably did.

I was there when Ripple Executives claimed 2 out of 3 of the largest remittance companies were testing XRP. blah blah Household Names.
I was there when Brad claimed a bank will be using XRP by the end of the year (2018)
I was there when Brad claimed by the end of 2019 dozens of banks will be using XRP

None of that happened, but the hopium continued (BAKKT anyone? "when regulation kicks in, then..."). There was even a calculation tool from Stanford (Susan Athey afaik) herself where you could calculate the value of XRP based on the money it would transfer. Isn't that a gigantic hopium? Were not dreams sold here?

The facade began to crumble, the ODL transfers (according to utility xrp) collapsed. Xspring investments went bust or never use XRP, Hodor left the community, Brad tweeted embarrassing tweets about XRP and BTC to the world after XRP holders lost money for months, etc. 
I began to have more doubts. I thought I was on the right side, I trust XRP, the reasonable coin in a wild market full of snakes and scammers, the coin of the future that has a usecase. I couldn't sell at the time, partly because XRP, as always, wasn't making any real profit. i didn't want to sell at +10%, not after all these years. For months we had sideways movements between 18-28 cents. 

Meanwhile, I no longer believed in the usecase, but I believed in the bull market. And the journey started well for XRP. In November 2020, it finally took off and then BOOM.
The Lawsuit. The next slap in the face. Not only could XRP be declared a security, it came to light that all the executives who had raised false hopes for years sold their holdings in the millions. Brad made millions, we have been suffering for 3-4 years and hoping.

XRP remains on the ground now, delisted from major US exchanges, other coins are flying. I thought I was doing everything right , XRP was the rational choice. I hate myself for not having diversified properly, I hate myself for having trusted Brad and co even though I know since 2019 at the latest that much is marketing and the track record is weak. I believed too strongly in XRP.

Even currently the unprofessionalism does not tear off. 14 days after Asheesh Birla tweets that the partnership with Moneygram is a multi-year one, the partnership is terminated, Monica Long claims the XRPL runs parallel to the CDBC ledgers and is the bridge, other executives claim that can happen but is not the plan. What now?

I am 90%+ in the green. I still won't sell. i have to wait for the end of the lawsuit and the end of the bull run, before that my FOMO is too big. I can't switch into other coins, that should have happened a year ago.

Yes I am salty
That's why I need Hopium to justify my investment somehow. And I think a negative voice is important because all that glitters is not gold, I have experienced 3-4 years of Ripple and XRP and 90% of the feelings were disappointed expectations. 

And that's something new investors should know. Because I'm not an ******* who sells dreams, I sell reality.

I'm very optimistic that XRP will have its own bull run, it will be time to sell then and NEVER look back. 

@Elysium2030 thanks for putting into words what I was thinking all the time. Your story above EXACTLY matches my feelings. When I see that ADA et al. are thousands of percentages up, I get a bit desperate. Maybe XRP would even be excluded from current bull run.. we'll see. I wont sell either because the minute XRP skyrockets, I would be heartbroken. 

Yes I am salty

I diversified into other coins for many of the reasons you stated. It feels good. But judging from previous crypto behaviour and irratic nature of this market, I think the battle hardened XRP holders will do fine in the end.