Charting the course of XRP

1 minute ago, Ripley said:

I mentioned it in my original post by anything that ties to real world - fiat, assets, securities etc. 

Real world is funny thing. Like do ever bank allow to settle their transactions on public ledger or do they want full control? Do they need 1000 tx per second or batch per day is enough? Can asset without incentive be store of value?

• Replies 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

I really don’t understand why the forum has been getting so heated lately when we are doing SO WELL after YEARS of being in the gutter. You’d think everybody would be saying hello, good morning, how a

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Dinoizzy said:

@Gilligan, @CountZerpula, @Plikk, @Single_Malt, @Flintstone

Few requests above in this thread for an invite to the Zerpening for consideration - always good to get new guys and girls in imo to get a wide spectrum of views and increase our contributor/lurker ratio 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would like an invite please. Be good to see other views on other projects also 👌

2 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Ripple have actually done a good job developing and rolling out the XRP ecosystem. 

I agree that they done a good job to build tools for their bussiness, but I do think they badly failed on helping building ecosystem outside of that, yes they had an impact and input, but scale of that is pathetic.

14 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Thank you @Ripley  I do agree with the general thrust of your point.  Unfortunately Ripple's claims of transparency have been hugely damaged by the secretive private sales by BG and CL.  According to SEC the "transparent" sales  by Ripple amount to a valuation of 1.3 billion.  We only have numbers of XRP sold by BG and CL ( XRP that were not being included in the "transparent sales figures" touted so loudly by the CEO of Ripple).  It seems that the value of private sales were at least another 50% over the transparent sales, and with Jed's sales over 100%).  If SEC had said nothing we would not have known their extent, and from my perspective this adds up to duplicity by design by the management of Ripple, not an oversight.

For me the continued presence of BG as CEO of Ripple casts a huge shadow over the reputation of Ripple for honesty and transparency.  However hard I try, I cannot get away from the presence of his shadow.  His presence for me is the equivalent of having a bad apple at the top and in control of the management of Ripple.  It seems BG sold almost every XRP token he was allowed by his contracts to sell.  What does that say about his interest in the long term future of the company he represents?

I still believe that XRP ecosystem is the most promising in crypto space.  I still believe in its long term future, but I also believe that as long as BG, and to a lesser degree CL, are in control the golden egg is in danger of going bad.  My biggest bag, in terms of money put in, remains in XRP.   If I were advising a friend new to crypto how to invest in  crypto, I would suggest 60% ADA and DOT, 20% other coins and 20% XRP (the wild get rich quick card)...( if the management were changed to people who could be trusted to be 100% honest I would then suggest 50% XRP).

Buying into ADA for the first time right now seems pretty risky IMO. I think it's due for a healthy correction. And I don't think that it deserves a place so high in the rankings just yet. I feel the same way about DOT. I think they're both the product of an early bubble in the bull run. And I doubt the top 10 will look the same next year. 

Just now, HenrySeldom said:

Buying into ADA for the first time right now seems pretty risky IMO. I think it's due for a healthy correction. And I don't think that it deserves a place so high in the rankings just yet. I feel the same way about DOT. I think they're both the product of an early bubble in the bull run. And I doubt the top 10 will look the same next year. 

You can stake DOT and in the begininng of the bull market it so cool to earn free DOTs be a first buyer and than dump all that in couple months when you x10.

Top10 is useless there was time when BCH was 3rd or 4th, especially in bull run when inflow goes from one coin to other.

2 minutes ago, HenrySeldom said:

I agree, I would advise them to wait for corrections - buy the dips

5 hours ago, Ripley said:

XRP. https://ripple.com/insights/q4-2020-xrp-markets-report/  gives utility information. They have been doing quarterly reports. They also provide volatility information. They explain what they do with their escrow. Here's the Q3 report - https://ripple.com/insights/q3-2020-xrp-markets-report/. I like numbers. Good or bad will determine my investment levels. They have numbers. Once Xumm Pro launches, I hope Weitse provides those details too. 

I cant see in Ripples report the crucial info on xRapid and ODL. They have never gave detailed report on it.

They stated how they buy back XRP, why they didnt say how much they bought back so far? 

Their reports are like bikini, they show everything, but they hide the most important things.

On top of that, where is 2020 Q4? 

It's nuts but the FLR spark tokens I haven't received yet are notionally trading at a higher price than the XRPs which caused me to expect them.  Go Spark!   Edit: I wonder if there is a concerted effort to correlate the price of spark and XRP.

image.thumb.png.3fe7ce43675503859dc194af9be7f825.png

Edited by happy_koala
extra thoughts
1 minute ago, Kiwi said:

I cant see in Ripples report the crucial info on xRapid and ODL. They have never gave detailed report on it.

They stated how they buy back XRP, why they didnt say how much they bought back so far? 

Their reports are like bikini, they show everything, but they hide the most important things.

On top of that, where is 2020 Q4? 

Ripple's 2020 Q4 report is here: https://ripple.com/insights/q4-2020-xrp-markets-report/.

They have been buying back XRP at a net loss for the last few quarters. AKA, they have been increasing rate of selling XRP compared to buying XRP, until the SEC stepped in:

• Q2 2020: Sales (net of purchases) was 32.55 million
  • Q3 2020: Sales (net of purchases) was 35.84 million
  • Q4 2020: Sales (net of purchases) was 76.27 million

image.thumb.png.ce987b4b6b6029eb77151457f89ce586.png

56 minutes ago, wogojump said:

Ripple's 2020 Q4 report is here: https://ripple.com/insights/q4-2020-xrp-markets-report/.

They have been buying back XRP at a net loss for the last few quarters. AKA, they have been increasing rate of selling XRP compared to buying XRP, until the SEC stepped in:

• Q2 2020: Sales (net of purchases) was 32.55 million
  • Q3 2020: Sales (net of purchases) was 35.84 million
  • Q4 2020: Sales (net of purchases) was 76.27 million

image.thumb.png.ce987b4b6b6029eb77151457f89ce586.png

Only 2 quarter, and Q4 dump is x2 more than sell. I hope they do not trade against retailers now 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, happy_koala said:

It's nuts but the FLR spark tokens I haven't received yet are notionally trading at a higher price than the XRPs which caused me to expect them.  Go Spark!   Edit: I wonder if there is a concerted effort to correlate the price of spark and XRP.

When it released it easilly can be 1-2USD, plus than a lot of other drops.

19 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

When it released it easilly can be 1-2USD, plus than a lot of other drops.

The addition of FLR tokens redeems some of what we lost through holding whilst everything else boomed without XRP :).  If only SEC had not clobbered us, holding XRP would have been one of the better crypto investments!   But it is not over yet, there is still a good chance XRP will go off like a rocket at some point.  

Edited by Julian_Williams
4 hours ago, happy_koala said:

The price of these IOUs are a complete nonsense and i would be nothing short of amazed if they traded at even a 10th of their current value once the actual airdrop has taken place.

33 minutes ago, Dinoizzy said:

The price of these IOUs are a complete nonsense and i would be nothing short of amazed if they traded at even a 10th of their current value once the actual airdrop has taken place.

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm don't know much about this stuff. If I had to guess, I think you're better waiting until the network is live and seeing what the price is then.