Charting the course of XRP

9 minutes ago, Baka said:

5$ ? would make so much people rich.

I just can't imagine XRP giving us this much money 

I can see it happen very easily.  But first XRP needs to get across .70 and move into higher territory.  The ecosystem surrounding XRP is unique, and as such XRP has more potential  than any other crypto.  ADA and DOT and ETH are trying to share the same space, once XRP takes off it will be sharing its space with no one.

Just now SEC is the curse of XRP.  Can that curse be lifted? - we will see.

(A not altogether popular view I might also add: another curse, related to SEC, are the management of XRP.  Contrast the honesty, strategy, passion and vision of Charles Hoskinson against the duplicity and greed of BG.  This is a serious weight around XRP's progress)

Edited by Julian_Williams

5 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I can see it happen very easily.  But first XRP needs to get across .70 and move into higher territory.  The ecosystem surrounding XRP is unique, and as such XRP has more potential  than any other crypto.  ADA and DOT and ETH are trying to share the same space, once XRP takes off it will be sharing its space with no one.

Just now SEC is the curse of XRP.  Can that curse be lifted? - we will see.

I can't see it because of the SEC lawsuit , if. there was no lawsuit I could see 5-10$ during the bullrun.

I'd be happy to see 1$ XRP tbh , really happy

10 minutes ago, Baka said:

5$ ? would make so much people rich.

I just can't imagine XRP giving us this much money 

Not as much as 0.005 for years to 3.65 in 2017, the median price of XRP was 0.25. So now you can do numerology 🤣🤣🤣 with rare drops to 0.1

So you speak x600 times than vs x50 now

BTC crossing 57 thousand.

XRP stuck at 56 cents. 

With the maneuvers the SEC has pulled, I don't think XRP has a chance for at participating in the bull run. 

What happens when BTC pulls back a healthy 30 percent, because we all know it's eventually going to happen. 

Where does that leave XRP? 

Probably at around 25 cents again. Speculate what you can afford to lose folks. This market is insane. 

first cross .63$ then cross .74$.

Since yesterday shorts went up 14.2% (from 7.7mln to 8.8mln) longs went up 8.3% (from 119,5mln to 129,5mln). so the ratio moves against a decided price increase.

It seems that asa price increases the shorts/longs ratio increases in more than linear way.

58 minutes ago, Baka said:

it's a torture to look at the charts/price ; XRP is getting suppressed all day , when it goes down it lost the most , when it goes up it loses 90% of it almost immediately.

When BTC goes down 1% , XRP loses 10% , when BTC goes up 10% , XRP goes 1% ?

Not gonna lie, this has been one tough hold. Incredibly tough.

Especially these past few weeks with pretty much every thing else moving substantially except for xrp. 

It's like diamond or adamantium hands now.

Edited by Decima

3 minutes ago, HAL1000 said:

If all the talk and hints of a private fork of XRP for the central banks etc is true, then what would that mean for the price of the XRP we hold, thoughts and answers below please...

What talk and hints. Any links to those?

Ripple discusses CBDC's on the XRP Ledger, not on a newly formed XXX Ledger are all that I can find. 

9 minutes ago, HAL1000 said:

If all the talk and hints of a private fork of XRP for the central banks etc is true, then what would that mean for the price of the XRP we hold, thoughts and answers below please...

My opinion is that it could be a good thing, because you would still need an asset that is neutral. 

By helping central banks do this, they basically help create "new railways" and expand the network. 

With interoperability and if XRP gets the green light, it could potentially be part of this system.

If true, it may turn out that XRP may actually help legacy systems after all. If they work together, it's a win win for everyone. 

Having BTC run wild with no control and no usecase other than being able to disperse value globally is incredible and important to have, but it is extremely dangerous as well because BTC isn't for poor people anymore lol. Elon Musk anyone? So much for Satoshis vision. 

Edited by Cambridge

7 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

first cross .63$ then cross .74$.

Since yesterday shorts went up 14.2% (from 7.7mln to 8.8mln) longs went up 8.3% (from 119,5mln to 129,5mln). so the ratio moves against a decided price increase.

It seems that asa price increases the shorts/longs ratio increases in more than linear way.

Well, one thing, longs are ATH since last pump, not sure where move more?

I decided to sell a good % of my XRP the 22th of feb , if price is still under 0.63$ 

It could go up immediately after I sell , but there are so many good projects that will x5-10 that taking the risk of staying with XRP with big whales selling their bags all day dumping the price , Brad the crook and Jed selling billions , the SEC etc , I think it's a good choice to have less XRP in my portfolio.

Caracappa

https://dailyhodl.com/2021/02/19/ripple-executive-says-company-working-with-central-banks-to-develop-digital-assets/

"And we have a clear view that a private instance of an existing decentralized ledger is a good way to go.

And what I mean by that is you take all the really robust experience of an open-source project that’s built a ledger that’s been running for multiple years, like the XRP Ledger, for example, and then you create a version that is a bit more centrally controlled that a central bank could be comfortable with running and they will still be able to control their monetary policy and so forth.”

And listen:-

1 minute ago, Baka said:

I decided to sell a good % of my XRP the 22th of feb , if price is still under 0.63$ 

It could go up immediately after I sell , but there are so many good projects that will x5-10 that taking the risk of staying with XRP with big whales selling their bags all day dumping the price , Brad the crook and Jed selling billions , the SEC etc , I think it's a good choice to have less XRP in my portfolio.

Your buying price would be quite high if you switch to most other coins right now, isnt it? Do you think it is wise to wait for that large BTC correction? Some say, it could be as large as 50%

3 minutes ago, MalluJohn said:

Your buying price would be quite high if you switch to most other coins right now, isnt it? Do you think it is wise to wait for that large BTC correction? Some say, it could be as large as 50%

why ? if BTC correct 50% , we could see XRP at 0.2$