Charting the course of XRP

7 hours ago, Bogdanoff said:

We just need to wait and see, try not to get in and out if possible, holding is the safest bet to ride the maximum trend, we just reached our previous top, things are about to get extremely interesting

1. I'm new to XRP and all of crypto. I am ignorant, but I'm racing as fast as I can to get some level of understanding and experience under my belt.

2. My holdings of XRP are doubtless minuscule compared to most of you people. I'm kicking myself for hodling 1 February when, if I'd had any sense, I could have exited at 0.70 and doubled my holdings by coming back in at 0.34. I should have seen but didn't see the dump. And I was scared of some conspiracy that might prevent those cashing out from buying XRP again. I guess I've been influenced by the "this is too good to be true" reasoning that drives many XRP holders to only add but never sell.

3. As we look ahead to this year, we know that XRP is dramatically undervalued. In part because of the SEC case. And in part because the full-throttle utility is near but not yet here. I suspect there are other mechanisms of price suppression, but I couldn't say exactly how.

4. We all look forward to double figures. But does anyone have advice — in light of 1 February in particular — on how to best get from now to there? Do you think we'll see steady appreciation, or volatile ups and downs where, for example, selling and buying back might become feasible, and even advisable?

I'm a total novice. I don't want to mess up and find that I got out only to find it's either more expensive to buy back in, or only marginally profitable for a lot of stress and time at the screen.

I'm going to watching my screen anyway. But I'm dangerous to myself right now.

Yes, the logic would be: do nothing.

But my holdings currently won't change my life. 

I ask because I'm maxed out in terms of the dollar value I can put in for the foreseeable future. Nonetheless, if I had a sense of how much volatility might be ahead, I can look to try train my focus on executing sell-high, buy-low manoeuvres, and thereby turn, over the year, my meagre XRP holdings into something that may be life changing.

Appreciation in advance for any responses.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

Happy Monthly candle close everyone!  XRPBTC closed above 2555 which was my bullish level. This is a great sign. I think it is now reasonable to expect the next monthly candle to be either a 50% i

12 minutes ago, ianrobertdouglas said:

1. I'm new to XRP and all of crypto. I am ignorant, but I'm racing as fast as I can to get some level of understanding and experience under my belt.

2. My holdings of XRP are doubtless minuscule compared to most of you people. I'm kicking myself for hodling 1 February when, if I'd had any sense, I could have exited at 0.70 and doubled my holdings by coming back in at 0.34. I should have seen but didn't see the dump. And I was scared of some conspiracy that might prevent those cashing out from buying XRP again. I guess I've been influenced by the "this is too good to be true" reasoning that drives many XRP holders to only add but never sell.

3. As we look ahead to this year, we know that XRP is dramatically undervalued. In part because of the SEC case. And in part because the full-throttle utility is near but not yet here. I suspect there are other mechanisms of price suppression, but I couldn't say exactly how.

4. We all look forward to double figures. But does anyone have advice — in light of 1 February in particular — on how to best get from now to there? Do you think we'll see steady appreciation, or volatile ups and downs where, for example, selling and buying back might become feasible, and even advisable?

I'm a total novice. I don't want to mess up and find that I got out only to find it's either more expensive to buy back in, or only marginally profitable for a lot of stress and time at the screen.

I ask because I'm maxed out in terms of the dollar value I can put in for the foreseeable future. Nonetheless, if I had a sense of how much volatility might be ahead, I can look to try train my focus on executing sell-high, buy-low manoeuvres, and thereby turn, over the year, my meagre XRP holdings into something that may be life changing.

In no way is double figures for XRP a certainty. And if we do get there at some point in the future ithere are going to be many opportunities to add to your stack through selling at higher points and rebuying lower. However that is a risky exercise which might backfire heavily

32 minutes ago, ianrobertdouglas said:

There'll come a time where selling at where we think is a local high may not get any entry at a lower price. I have been in the world of trading for over 15 years and has seen what is considered norm today (such as pump and dump for xrp) will continue indefinitely and causing many start chasing FOMO once the market changes. I have no idea if the market has turned but I am confident it will. At the moment I am just focusing on accumulating as much as I can and as cheaply as possible. Yes by hintsight we should have sold here and buy back there... etc. I would just buy whenever people start predicting xrp going zero, condemning Ripple a failed project... And perhaps sell it when everyone including your aunt who doesn't even own a mobile phone that's able to house an ewallet start asking you if she should start buying xrp. 

There are some rare occasions when it is obvious that the market will dump.  It happened when we heard the news of the SEC case, and it was obvious going to happen when they had a social media event whose main purpose was to pump and cash out at the top.  Otherwise it is almost impossible to predict what XRP will do next. 

If you are not highly skilled you will end up selling, and then panic and rebuy because you think it is going up again, only to find it really was going down.  Or the other way round, you sell , the price goes up and you rebuy at a much higher cost. 

If you do not have the skills to day trade, don't do it.

6 hours ago, Chocobo said:

I think next hours will show us if we go up or down. I am betting on down so it will probably go up.

Actually since you already stated this, it will just do the opposite of what you truly believe. If deep down inside you think it’ll go up, it will go down (unless of course you exited your position, in which case it’ll go up regardless) 

1 hour ago, Neurotoxin said:

Actually since you already stated this, it will just do the opposite of what you truly believe. If deep down inside you think it’ll go up, it will go down (unless of course you exited your position, in which case it’ll go up regardless) 

sorry @Neurotoxindon’t think I initially wanted to quote you but I guess you get my gist 👍

No, I think they will be a whole downside as soon as BTC gets rejected, simple .... happens near all the time or a week later and a week or so later a certain amount of coins and BTC will grow, get knocked back a little and a few others have their turn 😬

Edited by Trentsteel
34 minutes ago, gentle_koala said:

It's unlikely to stay above XRP in cmc more than a few minutes even if it does overtake, ADA has run out of steam on all time frames whereas XRP is just building up for its next run up.

It would have been good to see XRP shoot up 1000% during the Pandemic Lockdowns and then lose a bit of steam. Fortunately ADA is one of the Horses in my Stable and I'm quite happy if it's taking a breather and giving a bit of Feed to the Zerps.