Charting the course of XRP

8 hours ago, Troote said:

Ridiculous. Ripple is hated because they openly sold XRPs in the past in the open. Founders of every other coins have sold their coins too, whether we are talking about BTC miners, Buterin or anyone else. And probably in larger quantities. The difference is that they are doing it in hiding. Traders have been playing the market, using leverage, sucking people's money and concentrating the wealth in the hands of the few. Yet these are the very (mellow, for the most part) players in the space that people respect and turn to for guidance.

Ripple has been one of the most active builder of the XRP ecosystem and contributed the most to the XRP Ledger. Should the community be more involved in building and less in talking? Yes. Is Ripple making holders poor? No.  Is it perfect? No. Could Ripple have done better? Yes.

In contrast, what have traders built? Nothing.

You just choose to focus on the negatives, you choose to ignore the positives. You make some good points and raise valid questions, but most of what you say is biased and nonsensical rubbish. You don't even seek to balance points of view, you just vent your anger and make bold apocalyptic predictions. You may think yourself clever, but you are no better than the delusional hopium addicts that scour the land and which I block by the dozens.

And on that note, I go back to my pond.

I'm just stating facts. Mainstream crypto speculators don't like Ripple. SEC doesn't like Ripple. A bit hard to balance this positives, this is the market and reality which is very biased and not nonsensical rubbish like you call it. I don't see many facts or evidence swaying my views. Unless you want to say the recent Telegram pump and dump price movement is positive.

It's not just that they are claiming to be transparent and dumping in secret. They never disclosed the SEC was looking into them since April 2019. Read the SEC report and try to balance out your positive remarks yourself. 

Also I just want to point out that mind reading isn't a thing. Some people claim to know the emotional state I am or that I lost much of money and venting but you can understand that you are just throwing wild guesses right? I deal in facts and arguments not appeals to this kind of adhominem attack. 

Edited by Gamblord

5 minutes ago, Gamblord said:

I'm just stating facts. Mainstream crypto speculators don't like Ripple. SEC doesn't like Ripple. A bit hard to balance this positives, this is the market and reality which is very biased and not nonsensical rubbish like you call it. I don't see many facts or evidence swaying my views. Unless you want to say the recent Telegram pump and dump price movement is positive.

It's not just that they are claiming to be transparent and dumping in secret. They never disclosed the SEC was looking into them since April 2019. Read the SEC report and try to balance out your positive remarks yourself. 

Also I just want to point out that mind reading isn't a thing. Some people claim to know the emotional state I am or that I lost much of money and venting but you can understand that you are just throwing wild guesses right? I deal in facts and arguments not appeals to this kind of adhominem attack. 

Mainstream speculators love momey not Ripple, BTC or etc.

To be fair they love Ripple for XRP that can be so easilly short.

So your dealing with facts is questionable!

I don't think a couple of those statements are fair characterizations.

SEC's liking or not liking Ripple has nothing to do with the lawsuit. It's an approach they took - a particularly heavy-handed one, which I don't think is appropriate given the nature of digital currencies. That approach would have probably been different under different SEC leadership. 

Disclosing that SEC was looking into them? Why should they disclose it ? They are a private company. Are you saying with absolute conviction that Gemini, Coinbase, Binance, etc. have no cases or ongoing conversations with the SEC or other government agencies ? This is normal and they don't (and usually aren't allowed to) disclose such discussions.

Obviously the SEC paints a bad picture. How do they expect to win otherwise? Now, how about looking at Ripple's response? If we want to wait for the courts to settle, both documents should be given equal weightage. If we don't want to give as much weightage to Ripple claiming innocence as we do SEC's allegations, then we have already made our judgement. 

I think information asymmetry is a problem for Ripple, but what matters to the court is whether it's legal or not. Did Vitalik announce his intention to sell at the top before selling it? Isn't that information assymmetry? Obviously "well he did it too !!" is not a legal argument, but I wanted to point out that we do not have all of the information and the context behind this.

So what we are now discussing is whether the risk outweighs the reward, when it comes to investing into XRP. Well, that's a personal decision I would say, and I respect yours.

1 hour ago, xrp-nuke said:

But its not allowed now or what happened to this statement? 🤣🤣🤣

I do not know which agreements they have with their partners. They have released 100mln at the beginning of Feb 2021, so just after the pump.

I do not know why they chose to stop at 100mln. Probably because more would have dumped the market too much

https://www.xrparcade.com/escrow/

image.thumb.png.fcd1afc246f1518e232e71e3cb950eb4.png

17 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

I do not know which agreements they have with their partners. They have released 100mln at the beginning of Feb 2021, so just after the pump.

I do not know why they chose to stop at 100mln. Probably because more would have dumped the market too much

https://www.xrparcade.com/escrow/

image.thumb.png.fcd1afc246f1518e232e71e3cb950eb4.png

Or maybe this is the Biden bonus...

Can anyone explain to me as to why there is this much pressure on xlm? Not that anything makes any sense in this space but come on. I don't care if you don't like stellar, leave your emotions out it

Edited by HPNASTPN2BRKNNS

19 minutes ago, HPNASTPN2BRKNNS said:

Can anyone explain to me as to why there is this much pressure on xlm? Not that anything makes any sense in this space but come on. I don't care if you don't like stellar, leave your emotions out it

XLM is run and probably majority owned by Jed Mccaleb a well know fraudster, manipulator and scammer

Just now, solid102 said:

XLM is run and probably majority owned by Jed Mccaleb a well know fraudster, manipulator and scammer

That's also been a narrative that we've entertained for years. The way that xrp and xlm often times move in tandems leaves a lot of questions unanswered, not trying to sound heretical here lol but is it really that far fetched to imagine that maybe that settlement between britto, larsen, bg, jk, vias, thomas and mccaleb was just smoke and mirrors. I mean for the longest time no one necessarily thought that larsen and bg were "dirty". Now that narrative's changed..... I'm sure I'll crucified for that proposition though lmao

2 minutes ago, HPNASTPN2BRKNNS said:

That's also been a narrative that we've entertained for years. The way that xrp and xlm often times move in tandems leaves a lot of questions unanswered, not trying to sound heretical here lol but is it really that far fetched to imagine that maybe that settlement between britto, larsen, bg, jk, vias, thomas and mccaleb was just smoke and mirrors. I mean for the longest time no one necessarily thought that larsen and bg were "dirty". Now that narrative's changed..... I'm sure I'll crucified for that proposition though lmao

Anyone who actually invested the minimum time into Ripple, XRP and distribution would have know how much BG and CL held in XRP and would know they were selling. You can even look at the CNBC interview with BG in 2018 when XRP was at ATH and the TV host clearly said to Brad wow you are now worth 3 billion USD. It is only now that the SEC case came out that people are looking for a scapegoat to cover their own lack of research or effort. 

But look at shit like this and tell me what the heck is going on with XLM(keep in mind that Jed was proven to scam people when he ran MT.Gox):

https://cryptonews.net/en/119586/