Charting the course of XRP

Thanks @JJJ2  Your analysis is sane and the closest to explaining what happened yesterday.  

After ruminating last night I came to somewhat similar conclusions (not advice just personal expectations/observations). 

• XRP has a history not only of gaining very fast, but also of dumping even harder and faster. It has happened at least four times since its peak in 2017/18
  • XRP is now going to consolidate for a few weeks
  • This consolidation could see us dropping into the .20s , or it could stay about these levels and climb slightly
  • XRP needs to cross into the 40s before it has another superfast breakout.

These are my long term thoughts

Positive (supply is drying up)

• Flare, and especially the invitation to create FXRP, will soak up a lot of XRP.  This will make XRP more stable and less inclined to fall so heavily
  • Flare is bring very strong new use cases to XRP 
  • SEC has stopped Jed 2 and 3 from dumping billions of XRP on to the market. 
  • XRP is back in no2 Alt position (I do hope it can hold it, DOT and ADA are both due another positive spurt)
  • SBI are really moving forward with Moneytap, and developing ODL first in the far EAST and then with the RoW  
  • The US dumping effect is now complete.
  • Central Banks are buying into digital and XRP is very well placed to be friends with these developments and be a bridging asset

Negative

• SEC is an albatross around XRP's neck, but it is a diminishing force as it slips into the background of investors mind. (in the alt run speculation will take over)
  • Ripple cannot sell on the market for finance, it is beset with acrimonious litigation and SEC is impairing their ability to roll out ODL (although SBI are likely get things moving)
  • Brad is a proven spiv.  No company that leaves a proven spiv as a CEO deserves to be taken seriously (This view is my personal controversial point of view not universally shared by many XRP holders, but I think it is probably the most important reason not to remain 100% in XRP)

Reason to diversify

• If you are watching you can re-board the XRP train
  • Some other 3rd generation Alts are developing very utility driven technology

ADA is working with companies like Starbucks verifying their supply lines  in Africa.  If you look at ADA it was .02 last March, it is now .40 - (X20)  If this Alt season takes off it might reach 3.3m and do as well as XRP did in 2017. 

Polkadot is worth looking at.  Their SC tech is designed to be modified with extras like FLR are doing with XRP  

VET tech has been used for keeping records of vaccination programs

I keep hearing rave reviews about AVE, Tezos 

In 2017 XRP was the only 3rd generation tech that had really carved a place for itself.  It is still way ahead of the others, but it is being artificially held back.  There are other investment choices out there.  Just now XRP/Ripple deserve your investment attention, but not to be totally dominated by it.

Just my thoughts - DYOR

Edited by Julian_Williams

16 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

• Brad is a proven spiv.  No company that leaves a proven spiv as a CEO deserves to be taken seriously (This view is my personal controversial point of view not universally shared by many XRP holders, but I think it is probably the most important reason not to remain 100% in XRP)

I think they are holding onto Brad so as he can be the fall guy after the court case.

Why shouldn’t holders feel optimistic? That’s real easy to understand, when reading the tosh on here. Nobody knows what the price maybe next eeek or the week after but for now the price is significantly higher than when it was with out the pump

. too many people ready to tell you it’s going back down to this and that.... they don’t have a clue and push this narrative to help themselves, a coping mechanism if you will

Holders are for now better off for this pump and dump and with a bullish crypto market should be looking at .40 levels in the coming week

Edited by Trentsteel

9 minutes ago, solid102 said:

I did some historic digging and data analysis and it turns out that the run yesterday was the third biggest in a day gain percentage wise in the history of XRP trading from 2016.

We should all have cashed out some at theeh top.  I was too greedy and ended up losing ADA I converted into XRP too late (another hard lesson learnt).  The 2nd Fastest fall?

1 minute ago, Trentsteel said:

Why shouldn’t holders feel optimistic? That’s real easy to understand, when reading the tosh on here. Nobody knows what the price maybe next eeek or the week after but for now the price is significantly higher than when it was with out the pump

. too many people ready to tell you it’s going back down to this and that.... they don’t have a clue and push this narrative to help themselves, a coping mechanism if you will

Holders are for now better off for this pump and dump and with a bullish crypto market should be looking at .40 levels in the coming week

This is one of the rare posts from you where I fully agree.

14 minutes ago, swift_post said:

I think they are holding onto Brad so as he can be the fall guy after the court case.

I just wish they would get on with it.  A new more honest CEO would bring a lot of credibility back to Ripple/XRP (just my opinion)

I cannot see how BG can be either a public spokesman around TV stations for XRP, or Ripple around the table in negotiations.  He looks to me like a lump of lead around Ripple's neck.

Edited by Julian_Williams

3 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I just wish they would get on with it.  A new more honest CEO would bring a lot of credibility back to Ripple/XRP (just my opinion)

I cannot see how BG can be either a public spokesman around TV stations for XRP, or Ripple around the table in negotiations.  He looks to me like a lump of lead around Ripple's neck.

You really go through the Grey Poupon quick, don't you?  (It's not paint, you know.)

2 hours ago, billion said:

we just need to pump past $1.50 or so and we'd officially be joining other altcoins in this "bull cycle", there would be too many newbies with their new bags, to have xrp dump hard again. The support levels would be much higher than anywhere we're at now. And plus since when did the majority of retail really care about the project at hand? If dogecoin pumped as hard as it did, we're almost guaranteed a similar or even harder pump. Especially considering that the majority of the crypto space know how xrp always lags and has its turn at the very end, further convincing them to join the pump. I'd say once we pass the $1ish mark, ATH levels and beyond are almost guaranteed.

I have to explicitly say though, I probably don't know what I'm talking about lol, just my little opinion. 

Ripple still owns 48,1 + 6 blns xrp. CL over 4bln, JC over 3 and BG around 4.

Total owned by one party is 65blns = 65% of the total supply.

All xrp  distributed for ODL purposes at price below market are resold to retail investors.

Unless SEC stops this forever xrp will always be dumped. There is no other possibility. If ripple is wise then it will not dump completely xrp, so yes, there will be some gains for hodlers. But this is not a healthy price movement due to fundamentals.

8 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

If ripple is wise then it will not dump completely xrp, so yes, there will be some gains for hodlers. But this is not a healthy price movement due to fundamentals.

Thank you, Doctor J... if only Ripple were wise enough to have taken your advice years ago and locked away almost all of its holdings into cryptographic escrows!

(There's an old line of which some people on this forum often remind me:  "The type who, if they'd been around at Creation, would have had suggestions for God.")

Edited by NightJanitor
More spelling errors... some tense disagreement... but the line stands.

Bois, buckle up

1. My **** coin held from 2017 went from negative 99% to now positive 20% recently, what a dramatic comeback

2. Despite the dump group, xrp is still moving into higher base price, itching to set 40c as the base now for future launch

3. Btc is creeping up to 40k again, next impulse will break new high again

If this is not the bull run, I don't know what is, and remember Don't trade in and out and get burned, safest way to do it is hold, because you never know where is the high, and where is the low. 

If you must trade, sell only if there is profit, and don't rebuy until you see a big retracement, more often than not is that right after you sell, you have a heavy urge to get back in due to fomo, and that's when you BUY HIGH SELL LOW

Playing at TA predictions: setting a price target at 0.47 for this move up within the next 24h. 

Note: I'm not actually trading it. Just putting a stake in the ground for fun so I can boast and say "I told you so".