Charting the course of XRP

1 minute ago, Baka said:

no I never did that , but I lived there and saw my family drinking/eating with me , going to pc bangs after work with me until 4am , and going to work after sleeping 1-2 hours or not at all.

Love them , they were happy even with this lifestyle but it may not be the case of everyone ofc.

I really like how Koreans live , compared to Europe 

I partly agree. They are certainly happier than these 'happiness index' surveys would have you believe. They are hard people. They work hard and they play hard. The last sentence I agree 95%. Just a little better work-life balance is needed I think.

In other news, xrp is still going. In my analysis we need to break through 50 cents, but I'm still not relaxing until we decisively break through 60 and the previous range we had before the SEC.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

Happy Monthly candle close everyone!  XRPBTC closed above 2555 which was my bullish level. This is a great sign. I think it is now reasonable to expect the next monthly candle to be either a 50% i

1 minute ago, B088IN said:

So Uphold on mobile has crashed again. Can’t access it in the UK, I hope people aren’t expecting to rely on them tomorrow, I certainly won’t be, would appear they need to make some drastic network improvements 

Ah ha, maybe I spoke to soon!

E1061659-918D-406F-9082-86363EF50E74.png

1 minute ago, Seoulite said:

I partly agree. They are certainly happier than these 'happiness index' surveys would have you believe. They are hard people. They work hard and they play hard. The last sentence I agree 95%. Just a little better work-life balance is needed I think.

In other news, xrp is still going. In my analysis we need to break through 50 cents, but I'm still not relaxing until we decisively break through 60 and the previous range we had before the SEC.

That’s what I’m hoping as an upward indicator for market sentiment as well, price being higher than before the SEC announcement 👍

7 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

And game hard !
At one point, hadn't like 90% of the S. Korean population played starcraft at least once ?

Fiatleak once again showing KRW going ham.

I posted a theory here a few years ago about why Koreans love XRP so much. It's complex and I'm not sure I have the right answer but I think a few of the main factors are:

1. Koreans (and Confucianist East Asians more generally) do not have anything like the same libertarian leanings as Americans. When people say BTC meant freeeeddddooommmm and XRP was a 'bankers coin' Koreans shrugged their shoulders and said 'yeah that gives it more legitimacy in our eyes'.

2. I heard in the 2017 bullrun that the rich families that basically run this country (Samsung, etc) had significant XRP bags. I would bet that is still true. 

3. Koreans hate Chinese almost as much as they hate Japanese. The fact that BTC and ETH mining is concentrated in China is not exactly a selling point to them.

4. Koreans (and Confucianist East Asians more generally) are generally more conformist than Westerners, which means if lots of people are buying XRP then a lot more people will buy XRP, and so on. 

1 minute ago, JASCoder said:

And game hard !
At one point, hadn't like 90% of the S. Korean population played starcraft at least once ?

I did , started really young , was watching SC pro players on Korean TV laying on the carpet.. nice memories.

SC , LoL championship , been there 

1 minute ago, JASCoder said:

And game hard !

I can believe it. They love their tech here, which is why crypto is so big. They are very proud of their gaming prowess. That and short track ice skating are basically the only sports they are world beaters in. 

1 minute ago, Seoulite said:

Fiatleak once again showing KRW going ham.

I posted a theory here a few years ago about why Koreans love XRP so much. It's complex and I'm not sure I have the right answer but I think a few of the main factors are:

1. Koreans (and Confucianist East Asians more generally) do not have anything like the same libertarian leanings as Americans. When people say BTC meant freeeeddddooommmm and XRP was a 'bankers coin' Koreans shrugged their shoulders and said 'yeah that gives it more legitimacy in our eyes'.

2. I heard in the 2017 bullrun that the rich families that basically run this country (Samsung, etc) had significant XRP bags. I would bet that is still true. 

3. Koreans hate Chinese almost as much as they hate Japanese. The fact that BTC and ETH mining is concentrated in China is not exactly a selling point to them.

4. Koreans (and Confucianist East Asians more generally) are generally more conformist than Westerners, which means if lots of people are buying XRP then a lot more people will buy XRP, and so on. 

XRP has success in 2017 that's true , but from 2018 to today many people left XRP .

They lost trust in it , but there is always some people holding their bags and buying , but nothing compared to 2017

1 minute ago, Baka said:

XRP has success in 2017 that's true , but from 2018 to today many people left XRP .

They lost trust in it , but there is always some people holding their bags and buying , but nothing compared to 2017

I don't follow the Korean crypto world so you know better than me. But I thought someone said earlier in the thread that KRW is leading the charge in fiat trading for XRP? 

Nothing compared to 2017. For sure, we haven't seen an alt season yet. BTC doesn't count. 

28 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

I don't follow the Korean crypto world so you know better than me. But I thought someone said earlier in the thread that KRW is leading the charge in fiat trading for XRP? 

not sure that's true , but some rebought positions when the price crashed.

Btw , XRP got rejected for the 6th time at 0.5$

3 hours ago, Mr_Rippling said:

They are basically saying don't get caught with your pants down, buying the top of a pump. It is just standard. 

There is a huuuuuuge difference between saying that underlying tech will be great for XRP, in comparison to saying buy xrp at "x" time and date. A big, big difference.

I can't work out if you are trolling and aiming to get a bite or can't actually see any difference here?!

He basically thinks that asking a woman out on a date is the exact equivalent of asking to have intercourse. 

3 hours ago, Troote said:
3 hours ago, Troote said:

No, pump hater because it would mean the price increase has no merit. I want XRP to gain value over the next 9 months alongside all other cryptos, not be dumped like Doge and go back to nothingness.

It’s mind blowing the amount of idiots in this space. Most of them don’t even realize they’d most likely be left holding the bags they bought at the top of the pump n’ dump they so badly wanted to be a part of. 

Edited by Neurotoxin
Had to fix the format bu apparently I can’t.
2 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

It’s mind blowing the amount of idiots in this space. Most of them don’t even realize they’d most likely be left holding the bags they bought at the top of the pump n’ dump they so badly wanted to be a part of. 

There are reasons why:

a) buy low, sell high is the best advice

b) most people don't follow that advice

c) 90% of traders lose money