Molten

Charting the course of XRP

1 hour ago, Molten said:

I still vote up.

Ah bugger.   I’ve been doing it wrong all this time.   I didn’t realise we have to vote on this stuff before it moves.  Rats.  I’m sorry everyone...   turns out I am partly responsible for the winter.    :( 

Ok...   I formally vote for...    up!    Chart,   you may proceed.     :JC_doubleup:

I keep pulling you back to this cycle because to my way of thinking it is what investors need to be watching.

It shows the third pay-cheque cycle is developing

The cycle starts about 23rd of the month and builds up to the 13/14th

This cycle so far is smoother and looks like it is going to go through the ceiling.  It has another 7 days to complete and in the previous cycles it really explodes from about now.

Screenshot_2019-10-07 liquidity-index.jpg

53 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I keep pulling you back to this cycle because to my way of thinking it is what investors need to be watching.

It shows the third pay-cheque cycle is developing

The cycle starts about 23rd of the month and builds up to the 13/14th

This cycle so far is smoother and looks like it is going to go through the ceiling.  It has another 7 days to complete and in the previous cycles it really explodes from about now.

Screenshot_2019-10-07 liquidity-index.jpg

Every crypto in the top ten is down but XRP.  I would love to believe that we may be seeing some utility effect on the price, but I highly doubt it.  But something is going on. 

Thanks for continuing to keep an eye on this.  Please continue to post updates.

I see a sideways channel about to crash into the upward trend line XRPUSD has been following since Sept 24. These should collide at around 9am PDT tomorrow. My prediction is that we’ll see a surge to about 28¢ where it will then bounce off the upper part of that light blue channel.

9EE98B74-003A-40EF-8D74-59E3220E9B22.png

2 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Ah bugger.   I’ve been doing it wrong all this time.   I didn’t realise we have to vote on this stuff before it moves.  Rats.  I’m sorry everyone...   turns out I am partly responsible for the winter.    :( 

Ok...   I formally vote for...    up!    Chart,   you may proceed.     :JC_doubleup:

Good, now you know to vote!  And it worked!

k3leTVDK

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Molten said:

Every crypto in the top ten is down but XRP.  I would love to believe that we may be seeing some utility effect on the price, but I highly doubt it.  But something is going on. 

Thanks for continuing to keep an eye on this.  Please continue to post updates.

No, I did not mean the volume has anything to do with what just happened.  But this is a real strong buy signal for anyone wondering if XRapid will work when it gets adopted.  The answer is written in the acceleration of uptake.

Question - if we get lets say ten corridors open for remittance payments and they are all doing this pattern simultaneously, then you will have this monthly demand cycle which will be significant to your TA.  Every month you will be able to predict a surge of demand ending on the 13/14 of the month.  Will you be able to buy on the 26th and sell on the 12th and make pots of money riding the cycle.

I presume these monthly cycles do not happen in shares.

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Usually XRP starts and the others join in.  So far nothing else is joining - perhaps we can hope for another pre-swell boom?

BAT/IOTA/RVN, even XLM upped a lot also

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Question - if we get lets say ten corridors open for remittance payments and they are all doing this pattern simultaneously, then you will have this monthly demand cycle which will be significant to your TA.  Every month you will be able to predict a surge of demand ending on the 13/14 of the month.  Will you be able to buy on the 26th and sell on the 12th and make pots of money riding the cycle.

Such a predictable cycle would be very quickly cancelled out by people trying to take advantage of it in the way you suggested. IIRC such a thing happened several decades ago in forex or the market indexes, when people noticed a pattern around November or January, can't remember which. Anyway it was connected to taxes and the end of the financial year, and as soon as it was noticed it was drowned in noise as people attempted to manipulate it. 

I agree though that this should be an encouraging sign for investors (not speculators) that xRapid will drive demand. But I was under the impression that xRapid transactions, being neutral in buys and sells, themselves will not move the market. What will move it is the demonstration of real world utility and the speculative excitement that would create coupled with accumulation by market makers wanting to move bigger values. 

Edited by Seoulite
typo

15 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

What will move it is the demonstration of real world utility and the speculative excitement that would create coupled with accumulation by market makers wanting to move bigger values. 

Agree. Utility and speculation is not an either/or scenario but will act as a multiplier on each other. I have been thinking speculation would keep the pot simmering for the time being until utility ramps up but I’m now starting to think they are going to move together sooner rather than later. Just my unscientific observation