Charting the course of XRP

5 hours ago, Troote said:

That's because Bitrue will give 1 FLR per FLR IOU whereas Poloniex will give a fraction of a FLR per XFLR IOU. The products are different.

How do you know they'll give a fraction, won't it be at least 1:1? But most likely 1.0xx:1?

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

I really don’t understand why the forum has been getting so heated lately when we are doing SO WELL after YEARS of being in the gutter. You’d think everybody would be saying hello, good morning, how a

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Xrpdude said:

How do you know they'll give a fraction, won't it be at least 1:1? But most likely 1.0xx:1?

Because they say so.

https://support.poloniex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360059061054-New-Poloniex-Listing-Spark-IOU-XFLR-

[IOU] (XFLR) is a tradable IOU token that entitles the users who held XRP at the time of the Spark airdrop snapshot to receive XFLR tokens before the network launches. Once the Flare network launches and we list Spark (FLR), we will convert all XFLR balances to the mainnet FLR proportionally to what we receive when the airdrop occurs.

15 hours ago, Xrpdude said:

converting proportionally does not mean converting a fraction of 

I think you are naive. Unless you can prove to me that the supply of XFLR on Poloniex is smaller or equal to the number of FLR they will receive and redistribute, making that assumption is foolish. "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst" goes the saying. There is a reason the price is out of whack on Poloniex compared to every other exchange that sells IOUs.

Edited by Troote
6 minutes ago, Troote said:

I think you are naive. Unless you can prove to me that the supply of XFLR on Poloniex is smaller or equal to the number of FLR they will receive and redistribute, assuming otherwise is foolish. "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst" goes the saying. There is a reason the price is out of whack on Poloniex compared to every other exchange that sells IOUs.

I don't disagree, I wish the FAQs were clearly written on this point. We can only make assumptions at this.

Edited by Xrpdude