Charting the course of XRP

1 hour ago, Quadripple said:

I asked why in August it had this humongous drop.. Trying to understand what happened.

image.png.5745d0defcf91375f0ee8b1b2b6ec85d.png

Simply because they made redomination of DOT in August by increasing max cap to x100. I guess more info you can find here: https://wiki.polkadot.network/docs/en/redenomination

Also started learning what's DOT is about and why it rose so fast. Didn't get any well explained reason why it's like this. Spied over maxis on CryptoCurrency reddit, they also state that it is overvalued so far. Personally not good to risk right now. It will boost a bit more and then start going low with 2x+ speed.

On 1/15/2021 at 5:23 PM, Troote said:

Kraken has the license to sell securities, yes. But my understanding is that people may need to be accredited investors in order to buy securities. That means that even if Kraken can sell, you couldn't buy. Only a tiny portion of all investors, like 1 or 2%, would be legally allowed to buy. The extra requirements in terms of paperwork (during KYC you need to vet the buyers) and the drop in volume probably means it is not worth it. So they halt trading.

Sorry to quote something a few days back. But I need to add, keep your eyes on teh ODL volume. Kraken sells xrp via odl so lets see if they are still doing ODL after they halt trading. 

jan 13 was the last ODL transaction form kraken.  Let us see in a week or two. 

https://utility-scan.com/#/dashboard

Not sure if this is allowed in here but it is all speculating. Would like to share this is sooo bullish!! Raoul Pal is one of those legendary investors. I think he originally started off as a BTC maxi but he recently has been going into the alts as well. He's been pretty bullish on XRP even after the SEC news. He was also on Pomp's interview discussing that the market might be wrong about XRP. I don't see the XRP community talking about him very much.

On twitter he's shouting out what seems another investor (Santiago) that is talking about "walled gardens" and something bout Metcalfe's Law. He originally doesn't talk about XRP but someone mentions it and he basically agrees. These guys aren't the average joe investors. Thread is in here. Pretty good read.

I don't see YouTube talk about this often. This is valuable seeing investors like them starting to understand XRP. Maybe its best to keep this thing on the DL.

xrpralpol.PNG

Edited by stickynoodle69

38 minutes ago, stickynoodle69 said:

Not sure if this is allowed in here but it is all speculating. Would like to share this is sooo bullish!! Raoul Pal is one of those legendary investors. I think he originally started off as a BTC maxi but he recently has been going into the alts as well. He's been pretty bullish on XRP even after the SEC news. He was also on Pomp's interview discussing that the market might be wrong about XRP. I don't see the XRP community talking about him very much.

On twitter he's shouting out what seems another investor (Santiago) that is talking about "walled gardens" and something bout Metcalfe's Law. He originally doesn't talk about XRP but someone mentions it and he basically agrees. These guys aren't the average joe investors. Thread is in here. Pretty good read.

I don't see YouTube talk about this often. This is valuable seeing investors like them starting to understand XRP. Maybe its best to keep this thing on the DL.

xrpralpol.PNG

no faith in XRP atm , until this sec thing is done and I'm not positive about it like most people here.

Past performance is not a good guide to future performance and you should buy the dips not the highs.

D983E134-3CCE-43E6-9187-C961C824737F.jpe,

Sadly for reasons we all know, XRP is at he bottom of the list.  Having said that people that were holding XRP on Jan 1st will qualified for 1 FLR for every XRP.  Who knows what the value of FLR will be in six months time?  It would be nice is us Holders have the last laugh.

I am still 50% XRP.   I think the XRP ecosystem has the most potential of any, especially given it close relationship with Flare, but in the next few months this race will not be a beauty contest based on the fundamentals.  Looking back to 2017 when I joined as a newbie the way  I chose cryptos was with as little research and discernment as choosing chocolates from a box.

In 2017 XRP went up 33,000%.  We are hardly out of the starting gate. Will any of the front runners manage a 33,000% increase?  What was it that made us all flock to XRP?

These are the factors I got pulled in by:

• XRP was a top ten coin
  • It was cheap per token
  • it was going to be the banker's coin that worked with the regulations
  • it was faster, cheaper and more secure than BTC and ETH
  • It was obviously managed by institution/bank/FI friendly management team

These five factors still stand but "working with the regulators" is problematic because of SEC.  But there is the extra virtue of Flare.

XRP is not out of the the race, is it lame or is it just off to a delayed start?  How about the other competitors?  Do any of the other top ten have the sort of combination of virtues that attracted us to XRP in 2017? 

Edited by Julian_Williams

28 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

Why exactly is everyone currently in such a bad mood due to XRP's poor performance?

[...]

We have been around long enough to know that the market shits on "fundamentals". Coins where nothing exists but a fancy website and a whitepaper go up 100%+ in value.

This is the #1 argument that is keeping me invested. The reason I am in a bad mood about XRP is my worry that XRP might slow bleed and not pump at all within the next 12 months. That would be a waste of an opportunity. If we were at .4 or .7, it would be clear for all to see XRP would not be left behind. At the same time, the fact that there are so many haters and that so many long term holders are exiting at a loss only concentrates XRP in the hands of a shrinking minority. This means, from a trading perspective, resistance levels will be weak and if there is a pump, XRP will punch through them like they don't exist. And because of that, I expect XRP to attract traders seeking a high potential coin to use for a flamboyant pump & dump.

So yeah... what I love in XRP's potential is also what I hate.

PS: I like you a lot more when you are not trolling. 

Edited by Troote

20 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

So everything booms, and XRP stays still at near ATL! How tempting is that?

Not tempting at all!

With that said, we are not anywhere near the ATL. We are at a 3y low and close to the XRP/BTC ATL. If we do break the XRP/BTC ATL and dive from there as you suggest in your scenario (BTC pumps and XRP does not follow at all), then I'll seriously consider abandoning ship.

Edited by Troote

I started buying XRP in July 2017. Like many of you, I did my research and thought it was the best bet based on the fundamentals and everything else already discussed. I've never sold a single XRP, but I did trade some for ETH, BTC and TRX. Then I traded ETH and BTC back to XRP.

One thing I have learned is that jumping around, chasing the coin rainbow, has not worked for me. I have come to the conclusion that I know nothing. I could sell XRP and jump into XLM or ADA, and the following day XRP goes parabolic. I could stay with XRP and watch my funds slowly bleed. Something goes wrong with this whole Tether thing - of which I understand zilch - and the whole market crashes. In the end probably none of these scenarios occur. I have no idea what will happen...

But as it stands, I've been in the space for only around 3.5 years. From what I've read about investing, few get rich quick. 3.5 years is hardly a long time. Property seems to work well if you hold for at least 7 years, maybe that will be true for XRP? It also has been stated that many of the biggest companies in the world - Amazon, Apple, Tesla for example all had to move through court cases before exploding.

I believe I am a person that creates a good future for myself. I have already proved it to myself. I became mortgage free at 45 (I'm now 49), I barely have to work (but that is partly because I have a hard working husband) and I have managed to travel a lot. I still envision greater wealth in my future. It's going to happen somehow, and right now XRP is the best shot I have.

I want to share a dream I had with you all, take it for what you will. I have had a couple of dreams that were prophetic. I have NO IDEA if this one was or not, but it was very clear:

I was watching the charts and I witnessed XRP rise very quickly to $9, then retrace back to $2.50.

I am in Australia, so I am guessing this was in Au dollars, but again I don't know.

Call it BS or whatever you want, I don't really care. I am simply sharing it with you because in the case that it becomes true, I'd really like those of us left here to ALL do well.

3 minutes ago, Chookstar said:

I started buying XRP in July 2017. Like many of you, I did my research and thought it was the best bet based on the fundamentals and everything else already discussed. I've never sold a single XRP, but I did trade some for ETH, BTC and TRX. Then I traded ETH and BTC back to XRP.

One thing I have learned is that jumping around, chasing the coin rainbow, has not worked for me. I have come to the conclusion that I know nothing. I could sell XRP and jump into XLM or ADA, and the following day XRP goes parabolic. I could stay with XRP and watch my funds slowly bleed. Something goes wrong with this whole Tether thing - of which I understand zilch - and the whole market crashes. In the end probably none of these scenarios occur. I have no idea what will happen...

But as it stands, I've been in the space for only around 3.5 years. From what I've read about investing, few get rich quick. 3.5 years is hardly a long time. Property seems to work well if you hold for at least 7 years, maybe that will be true for XRP? It also has been stated that many of the biggest companies in the world - Amazon, Apple, Tesla for example all had to move through court cases before exploding.

I believe I am a person that creates a good future for myself. I have already proved it to myself. I became mortgage free at 45 (I'm now 49), I barely have to work (but that is partly because I have a hard working husband) and I have managed to travel a lot. I still envision greater wealth in my future. It's going to happen somehow, and right now XRP is the best shot I have.

I want to share a dream I had with you all, take it for what you will. I have had a couple of dreams that were prophetic. I have NO IDEA if this one was or not, but it was very clear:

I was watching the charts and I witnessed XRP rise very quickly to $9, then retrace back to $2.50.

I am in Australia, so I am guessing this was in Au dollars, but again I don't know.

Call it BS or whatever you want, I don't really care. I am simply sharing it with you because in the case that it becomes true, I'd really like those of us left here to ALL do well.

That prophetic thing was a little bit too much but at least you made me laugh :')

I hope XRP will do well for all of us for sure , but don't expect much at all.

1 minute ago, Baka said:

That prophetic thing was a little bit too much but at least you made me laugh :')

I hope XRP will do well for all of us for sure , but don't expect much at all.

Glad I made you laugh! I knew I'd cop some flak for it.

Most of you guys that have read my posts know I'm the mild mannered meditator of us all. I am a hippy at heart, but always wanted to be a financial one!