Charting the course of XRP

27 minutes ago, Jedyka1990 said:

when ADA hit .30
XRP was behind, will it go after ADA again?:huh::huh:

It will happen, but the "when will it happen" is the more pertinent question.  My guess is that ADA will go on gaining on XRP and will flip it on the Market Cap charts. 

This market is all sentiment and little analysis of fundamentals.  One whale placing a big stake on XRP might be enough to change the sentiment.  I think many investors have half an eye on XRP and are will be ready to re-enter the XRP market when they see a significant uptick

Edited by Julian_Williams

4 hours ago, Troote said:

Can a security be unregulated? Genuine question. I am no lawyer.

If XRP is a security, my understanding is that all the laws that apply to securities are immediately inherited by XRP. The good (protection) and the bad (restrictions). We would have full regulatory clarity as to what set of laws apply, don't apply, etc.

If XRP is a security, the likely is that the people who run validators may become the owners of the XRP Ledger and they may all become liable under security law. And Ripple is in trouble for selling securities without complying to security laws and e.g. registering the said sales.

Well, I don't have an answer either. I am no lawyer, nor a US resident. But, I believe it is pretty straight forward to assume that just because XRP was deemed to be a 'security' it still doesn't become one for any practical purposes. It still go to go through certain processes before it can become a viable one! 

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

It will happen, but the "when will it happen" is the more pertinent question.  My guess is that ADA will go on gaining on XRP and will flip it on the Market Cap charts. 

This market is all sentiment and little analysis of fundamentals.  One whale placing a big stake on XRP might be enough to change the sentiment.  I think many investors have half an eye on XRP and are will be ready to re-enter the XRP market when they see a significant uptick

that time, it took him 2 days to follow the path. We will have to wait and see if he follows the same steps tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

If you follow suit and see XRP go up, it can attract attention.

2 hours ago, Jedyka1990 said:

that time, it took him 2 days to follow the path. We will have to wait and see if he follows the same steps tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

many think XRP has to cross .4 before exploding.  That would be a long hard slog to the starting point

2 hours ago, Jedyka1990 said:

after tomorrow we may be at under 0.25$ , that's what I imagine 

1 minute ago, Quadripple said:

Why did DOT go from 350+ to a few dollars overnight? 

Because it's not a security. Every project or coin that is speculative and has good will is going up. DOT bridges ethereum. It's possible to lateral the ethereum dapps onto DOT. Speculation.

Conversely you will see people exit out of XRP everytime the price goes above 30¢ so they can ride the alt season train up. More sell offs with each court case update I imagine. Then maybe some of these guys will buy back into XRP if the price drops down to 10-15¢. The amount of interest in XRP/Ripple on reddit is back to the bear market days. 

1 hour ago, Gamblord said:

Conversely you will see people exit out of XRP everytime the price goes above 30¢ so they can ride the alt season train up. More sell offs with each court case update I imagine. Then maybe some of these guys will buy back into XRP if the price drops down to 10-15¢. The amount of interest in XRP/Ripple on reddit is back to the bear market days. 

Ouch

4 hours ago, Gamblord said:

Because it's not a security. Every project or coin that is speculative and has good will is going up. DOT bridges ethereum. It's possible to lateral the ethereum dapps onto DOT. Speculation.

I asked why in August it had this humongous drop.. Trying to understand what happened.

image.png.5745d0defcf91375f0ee8b1b2b6ec85d.png

Edited by Quadripple