Charting the course of XRP

12 minutes ago, Troote said:

That tells us something about you more than anything.

Unless there is an existential crisis (which is not the case here), the standard practice when a new leader joins an organization is that she does absolutely nothing for the first 6 months. Leaders spend their first 6 months listening, auditing, understanding on-going projects (not just Ripple's lawsuit but everything else that is going on) and how things work. They ask questions, build their relationships with their teams based on trust, leave matters to people on the ground who have been working on the topics for years and know exactly what they are doing. They are not going to disrupt on-going projects. After that phase, yes they do inflict change to the organization. But unless there is a serious urgency (which again, is not the case here), it takes months before a leader requires projects to pivot. 

Sorry, but the magic wand that everyone seems to expect is just not going to suddenly appear out of nowhere. This SEC lawsuit is here to stay. The change in leadership may help (or maybe not), but I would certainly not count on it in the short/mid-term.

Who said anything about a magic wand or things suddenly changing!? Stop putting words in my mouth when I did not say any of that.

You said this:

"And you seriously think that the SEC would accept different terms without a fight? I am just saying that all the random people in the XRP army who want a quick settlement, as if it would make their pain go away, should be very careful what they wish for."

Here you claimed that the SEC will always fight and that a change in leadership will not effect this "fighting" stance like it is some sort of tag team wrestling match and they always be "fighting" which is complete BS.

I made it very clear to you that when a new leader to an organization or a project joins they get a clear picture of what is going on, what works and what isn't working. Whether that takes a month, 6 month or a year that get a clear picture on all the major ongoing projects and as any project manager or leader worth a dime would tell you if they see from a high level that certain projects are a waste of time or built upon by unsound assumptions or methodologies they will tend to either halt it, divert it or settle it in different ways.

3 minutes ago, B088IN said:

I guess the only difference maybe here is half the team that brought the case against Ripple, left almost straight after. 

Is that so? I thought the people who left were the SEC chair and the enforcement director. That's just 2 heads at the top. I haven't seen anywhere any change in the team itself, but do feel free to share your sources.

41 minutes ago, Troote said:

That tells us something about you more than anything.

Unless there is an existential crisis (which is not the case here), the standard practice when a new leader joins an organization is that she does absolutely nothing for the first 6 months. Leaders spend their first 6 months listening, auditing, understanding on-going projects (not just Ripple's lawsuit but everything else that is going on) and how things work. If they disagree with what is going on, they don't change things, they ask questions and offer their support. They build their relationships with their teams based on trust, leave matters to people on the ground who have been working on the topics for years and know exactly what they are doing. After that discovery phase, yes they do inflict change to the organization. But unless there is a serious, urgent crisis on-going (which again, is not the case here), it takes months before a leader requires projects to pivot and change direction. No leader in her right mind would barge in, disrupt on-going projects and undo man-months (man-years?) of efforts during her induction because of a disagreement.

Sorry, but the magic wand that everyone seems to expect is just not going to suddenly appear out of nowhere. This SEC lawsuit is here to stay. The change in leadership may help... or maybe not. You don't even know whether these people agree or disagree with the lawsuit. They might double down, for all you know.

In any case, I would certainly not count on any change of direction in the short/mid-term. The change in leadership won't help reach a conclusion sooner. If anything, it will introduce inertia and further delays.

I cannot say this is exactly the SEC case, but my personal experience with such institutions in Europe disagrees. I know very well that new president = new politics and maybe even a 180degree turn.

I repeat: I am just reporting my personal and very close experience with certain European institutions (and don't ask which ones). So USA, and  specifically SEC, may work differently (but I doubt it).

3 minutes ago, solid102 said:

Who said anything about a magic wand or things suddenly changing!? Stop putting words in my mouth when I did not say any of that.

You said this:

"And you seriously think that the SEC would accept different terms without a fight? I am just saying that all the random people in the XRP army who want a quick settlement, as if it would make their pain go away, should be very careful what they wish for."

Here you claimed that the SEC will always fight and that a change in leadership will not effect this "fighting" stance like it is some sort of tag team wrestling match and they always be "fighting" which is complete BS.

I made it very clear to you that when a new leader to an organization or a project joins they get a clear picture of what is going on, what works and what isn't working. Whether that takes a month, 6 month or a year that get a clear picture on all the major ongoing projects and as any project manager or leader worth a dime would tell you if they see from a high level that certain projects are a waste of time or built upon by unsound assumptions or methodologies they will tend to either halt it, divert it or settle it in different ways.

The problem is that the present chair at SEC is a sit in.  The case itself was brought by a team under his management, and that team remains in place. The sit-in chair is a very lucid straight talking guy, I like him.  He is however sticking to the line that XRP is a security which seems to indicate not much will change under his leadership unless they sit down and work out some deal (not impossible, I am sure XRP would love to pay a fine and settle).

I think XRP/ODL/FLR is a giant killer, but just now all the market sentiment is that XRP is in deep s**t and almost uniquely the price of XRP is stuck at 10% of its last ATH.  A few days ago XRP seemed to be rebounding after the panic selling, and I was thinking if it can go back up to .40 sentiment would turn very rapidly back in XRP's favour, and we could have an XRP supercharged rally.  Yesterday looked very ominous to me, XRP went static whilst everything else gained.  It now looks as if Dot, LTC and ADA might overtake XRP in the MC rankings.  If this happens sentiment around investing in XRP could just go on getting darker.

I think this situation is in the balance, and could go either way.

The next 6 - 9 months should be boom time for the alts.  I have no idea which way XRP will jump, but it probably has everything to do with sentiment, and very little to do with analysis.  Yesterday I de-risked my XRP folder to 50% ADA and 50% XRP.  I do not want to be stuck in a backwater when alts explode.

It's all an estimate between risk and opportunity.

Personally, I wouldn't jump from one HODL project to the next. The risk that the SEC will apply its John Wayne policy to this very project is very high.

At the same time, the chance of an agreement between the SEC and Ripple and the determination of the regulatory status of XRP in the USA is very good.

For this reason, XRP was and is an opportunity for me, not a risk.

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

The problem is that the present chair at SEC is a sit in.  The case itself was brought by a team under his management, and that team remains in place. The sit-in chair is a very lucid straight talking guy, I like him.  He is however sticking to the line that XRP is a security which seems to indicate not much will change under his leadership unless they sit down and work out some deal (not impossible, I am sure XRP would love to pay a fine and settle).

I think XRP/ODL/FLR is a giant killer, but just now all the market sentiment is that XRP is in deep s**t and almost uniquely the price of XRP is stuck at 10% of its last ATH.  A few days ago XRP seemed to be rebounding after the panic selling, and I was thinking if it can go back up to .40 sentiment would turn very rapidly back in XRP's favour, and we could have an XRP supercharged rally.  Yesterday looked very ominous to me, XRP went static whilst everything else gained.  It now looks as if Dot, LTC and ADA might overtake XRP in the MC rankings.  If this happens sentiment around investing in XRP could just go on getting darker.

I think this situation is in the balance, and could go either way.

The next 6 - 9 months should be boom time for the alts.  I have no idea which way XRP will jump, but it probably has everything to do with sentiment, and very little to do with analysis.  Yesterday I de-risked my XRP folder to 50% ADA and 50% XRP.  I do not want to be stuck in a backwater when alts explode.

Mark my words bro and anyone reading this: 

Should XRP be able to overcome the 0.41 mark and goes above it then we are looking at a coin value way above the 1 dollar mark.

2 hours ago, Troote said:

Is that so? I thought the people who left were the SEC chair and the enforcement director. That's just 2 heads at the top. I haven't seen anywhere any change in the team itself, but do feel free to share your sources.

Apologies, I am sure I read somewhere that others members of that team also resigned but can’t find it. So please ignore my last comment unless I can find the source 👌

5 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

😭😪

we are here to make money right , I've already lost a ton with XRP or at least lost a lot of possibilities of making much more $ with almost any other coins .

I don't see any good news for XRP but only bad ones , and the SEC lawsuit may last months/years , not days/weeks.

I rebought because I felt like the price could pump and it did to 0.36 before going back down , but even 0.4$ is not enough because ADA or even XLM may double their price in the coming days/weeks.

Edited by Baka

6 minutes ago, Baka said:

we are here to make money right , I've already lost a ton with XRP or at least lost a lot of possibilities of making much more $ with almost any other coins .

I don't see any good news for XRP but only bad ones , and the SEC lawsuit may last months/years , not days/weeks.

I rebought because I felt like the price could pump and it did to 0.36 before going back down , but even 0.4$ is not enough because ADA or even XLM may double their price in the coming days/weeks.

Been hodler since 2017. Part of me wants to switch for the short term...the tax implications here in US are kind of a pain if I do sell although mostly at loss...but then on the flip side what if some positive news comes out in the next month or two?

Most of my portfolio is in XRP and I think I will Keep it that way. The spare money I do have ive been buying a little more XRP but mostly some other alts I am interested in. 

would be so pissed if i decided to exit XRP to try and catch the train for another alt...only to have good news come out and price sky rocket. it’s a chance I am willing to take

45 minutes ago, Baka said:

It sad, but makes sense!