Jump to content

Charting the course of XRP


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Vhien said:

Unfortunately I have to disagree. I am not sure whether the resignment of the SEC enforcer has an impact. The article you share also states that Gensler as the SEC chair would be positive as he described XRP as a bridge currency. I have posted something related to this in the Other Press section where he stated that XRP is a security in his view: 

 

Edited by FVM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FVM said:

Unfortunately I have to disagree. I am not sure whether the resignment of the SEC enforcer has an impact. The article you share also states that Gensler as the SEC chair would be positive as he described XRP as a bridge currency. I have posted something related to this in the Other Press section where he stated that XRP is a security in his view: 

 

Didn't he say that in 2017?

The statements don't necessarily contradict each other if I recall correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Gambaard said:

Didn't he say that in 2017?

The statements don't necessarily contradict each other if I recall correctly.

The MIT is from fall 2018 where he mentioned it. I think the question whether the statements contradict or not is exactly the regulatory clarity that we all are looking for. Looks like he believes xrp is a bridge currency and a security. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gambaard said:

Didn't he say that in 2017?

The statements don't necessarily contradict each other if I recall correctly.

@FVM is talking about this video I believe. Note the date.  Scrub to about 13:00 and you'll see Gensler is pretty clear on what his PERSONAL thoughts are. Even more, what he's saying isn't wrong at all. 

https://www.media.mit.edu/posts/remarks-at-blockchain-event/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

@FVM is talking about this video I believe. Note the date.  Scrub to about 13:00 and you'll see Gensler is pretty clear on what his PERSONAL thoughts are. Even more, what he's saying isn't wrong at all. 

https://www.media.mit.edu/posts/remarks-at-blockchain-event/

I was referring to the following video (45:43 min) in which he is even more explicit:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, FVM said:

I was referring to the following video (45:43 min) in which he is even more explicit:

 

i have to say i like this guy, even though h thinks XRP is a security.  He seems to be very straight and honest in his opinions.  I think he is someone that could bring clarity.

Edited by Julian_Williams
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, xrpcries said:

Seems the bulls are back!?

mmmh, or bears, actually dropping now! :wacko:

Everything going up yes , just XRP lagging behind atm

Edited by Baka
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.