Charting the course of XRP

49 minutes ago, Vhien said:

Unfortunately I have to disagree. I am not sure whether the resignment of the SEC enforcer has an impact. The article you share also states that Gensler as the SEC chair would be positive as he described XRP as a bridge currency. I have posted something related to this in the Other Press section where he stated that XRP is a security in his view: 

Edited by FVM

1 hour ago, FVM said:

Unfortunately I have to disagree. I am not sure whether the resignment of the SEC enforcer has an impact. The article you share also states that Gensler as the SEC chair would be positive as he described XRP as a bridge currency. I have posted something related to this in the Other Press section where he stated that XRP is a security in his view: 

Didn't he say that in 2017?

The statements don't necessarily contradict each other if I recall correctly.

17 minutes ago, Gambaard said:

The MIT is from fall 2018 where he mentioned it. I think the question whether the statements contradict or not is exactly the regulatory clarity that we all are looking for. Looks like he believes xrp is a bridge currency and a security. 

2 hours ago, Gambaard said:

@FVM is talking about this video I believe. Note the date.  Scrub to about 13:00 and you'll see Gensler is pretty clear on what his PERSONAL thoughts are. Even more, what he's saying isn't wrong at all. 

https://www.media.mit.edu/posts/remarks-at-blockchain-event/

20 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

@FVM is talking about this video I believe. Note the date.  Scrub to about 13:00 and you'll see Gensler is pretty clear on what his PERSONAL thoughts are. Even more, what he's saying isn't wrong at all. 

https://www.media.mit.edu/posts/remarks-at-blockchain-event/

I was referring to the following video (45:43 min) in which he is even more explicit:

23 minutes ago, FVM said:

I was referring to the following video (45:43 min) in which he is even more explicit:

i have to say i like this guy, even though h thinks XRP is a security.  He seems to be very straight and honest in his opinions.  I think he is someone that could bring clarity.

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 hour ago, xrpcries said:

Seems the bulls are back!?

mmmh, or bears, actually dropping now! :wacko:

Everything going up yes , just XRP lagging behind atm

Edited by Baka