Charting the course of XRP

1 hour ago, AlejoMoreno said:

I'm not sue what they will say. That is the million dollar question!

At a high level I see two potential points to come out of this:

1. Brad and Chris have been selling because they want money and have no regard for the XRP market. Their selling of XRP is at odds with their responsibility to run the company and act responsibility for XRP investors. If the price of XRP needs to be higher in order for ODL to work properly, then they are liars.

OR

2. Brad and Chris have been selling but believe that their sales do not have a detrimental effect on the price of XRP. They felt it was okay to sale and not disclose given that the amount that they were selling is small enough to be absorbed by the market. 

There can be many other reasons behind these two points but, to me, this is all I want explained and proven by this SEC case. 

I feel the price of XRP has gone up enough times to show that retail investors can get a share of the pie just as well as Chris and Brad can; this is all that we can expect in this market.

I was just ironic on what they would say. Unfortunately, people who act like this, have also the face to deny their guilt in front of their victims. 

They do not believe their sales are detrimental, they simply do not care. 

9 hours ago, HenrySeldom said:

I'm not sure I buy the argument that BG and CL "suppressed" the value of XRP. Did their sales cause XRP to crash from its ATH? No. The bull market ended and the entire crypto market turned into a bear for a couple years, and everything touched a low in March. XRP largely followed the market pattern. In this overall market context it doesn't make any sense at all to talk about BG and CL suppressing the price. XRP is still up massively from its .002 days.  

Moreover, their sales were only a small percentage of daily volume as well as a small percentage of their overall holdings. 

So I just don't buy the idea that they suppressed the price XRP. 

It was the whole amount of sales that dumped xrp so much.

Let's take the 2017 bull run as reference:

2017:  16M BTC

2020 18M. 

Relative increase is 18/12 = 1,12

xrp:  

2017: 16bln

2020 51bln

51/16 = 3,18

BUT this is not true: in fact we have to subtract the amount in the hands of BG, CL JC and Ripple (but not escrow) form the original 16bln

In fact these xrp, despite being counted as in circulation, where in their hands. They had not been purchased on the market and therefore did not contribute to form the price neither the volume of the exchanges. So xrp available in 2017 were even less than the official 16bln.

Larsen sold 1,7bln form 2014 to 2020 (point 85 of SEC complaint). So how much did he own in 2017? Let's say he had 8bln xrp at the beginning of the bull run

Garlinghouse instead began selling in 2017 (point 86 of the sec complaint), so we can say that almost all his xrp (let's say all 5bln) were out of the market during that bull run.

Let's ignore RIpple's 6bln (not in escrows) and JC amount for the calculation of the circulating supply in 2017.

So if we subtract all these amounts (BG and CL) , the circulating supply in 2017 was around 16-8-5= 3 bln

in 2020 BG still owns 5-0,34 = 4,66 bln

CL 9- 1,7 = 7,3 bln

So present circulating supply is 51-4,66-7,3 = 39,4bln (still not considering JC)

So From 2017 to 2020 xrp circulating supply has increased at least 10 times

And this is why BTC price soared from 1000 to 19000 and then fell down to 3200$ but then soared again to ath, while  xrp was dumped from 3,8$ to 0,2$ and did not manage to appreciate anymore.

So maybe that the amount sold by BG, CL and JC is relatively small compared to today's circulating supply: 1,7+ 0,33+1,3 = 3,3 bln (it's roughly 9% compared to todays 51bln), but the initial circulating supply was much lower that Rippple states and thus the increase from 2017 to 2020 is huge.

I may have got some numbers wrong, but the order of magnitude of the increase of circulating supply should be correct. 

BTC. 

image.thumb.png.5dbc843da9cc2eabaa0e4210a659c25c.png

image.png

Edited by JJJ2

25 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

It was the whole amount of sales that dumped xrp so much.

Let's take the 2017 bull run as reference:

2017:  16M BTC

2020 18M. 

Relative increase is 18/12 = 1,12

xrp:  

2017: 16bln

2020 51bln

51/16 = 3,18

BUT this is not true: in fact we have to subtract the amount in the hands of BG, CL JC and Ripple (but not escrow) form the original 16bln

In fact these xrp, despite being counted as in circulation, where in their hands. They had not been purchased on the market and therefore did not contribute to form the price neither the volume of the exchanges. So xrp available in 2017 were even less than the official 16bln.

Larsen sold 1,7bln form 2014 to 2020 (point 85 of SEC complaint). So how much did he own in 2017? Let's say he had 8bln xrp at the beginning of the bull run

Garlinghouse instead began selling in 2017 (point 86 of the sec complaint), so we can say that almost all his xrp (let's say all 5bln) were out of the market during that bull run.

Let's ignore RIpple's 6bln (not in escrows) and JC amount for the calculation of the circulating supply in 2017.

So if we subtract all these amounts (BG and CL) , the circulating supply in 2017 was around 16-8-5= 3 bln

in 2020 BG still owns 5-0,34 = 4,66 bln

CL 9- 1,7 = 7,3 bln

So present circulating supply is 51-4,66-7,3 = 39,4bln (still not considering JC)

So From 2017 to 2020 xrp circulating supply has increased at least 10 times

And this is why BTC price soared from 1000 to 19000 and then fell down to 3200$ but then soared again to ath, while  xrp was dumped from 3,8$ to 0,2$ and did not manage to appreciate anymore.

So maybe that the amount sold by BG, CL and JC is relatively small compared to today's circulating supply: 1,7+ 0,33+1,3 = 3,3 bln (it's roughly 9% compared to todays 51bln), but the initial circulating supply was much lower that Rippple states and thus the increase from 2017 to 2020 is huge.

I may have got some numbers wrong, but the order of magnitude of the increase of circulating supply should be correct. 

BTC. 

image.thumb.png.5dbc843da9cc2eabaa0e4210a659c25c.png

image.png

Are you working for Mersari? 🤣🤣🤣

They were selling (at least Ripple) of volumes from CMC through whole 2018 or so (I will not look for dates), they knew that volumes were faked, they knew that they could make up their very own volume index from top exchanges, but still were keeping selling of most fake index in the world. Why? Because they could distribute, create war stash and yada yada.

Also apart Ripple, there are other projects in umbrella that were given XRP under the contract, so they were/are selling.

I still remember news that Coil got 1B XRP and price just crashed into nowhere.

But

We are fine with distribution 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, xrp-nuke said:

Are you working for Mersari? 🤣🤣🤣

They were selling (at least Ripple) of volumes from CMC through whole 2018 or so (I will not look for dates), they knew that volumes were faked, they knew that they could make up their very own volume index from top exchanges, but still were keeping selling of most fake index in the world. Why? Because they could distribute, create war stash and yada yada.

Also apart Ripple, there are other projects in umbrella that were given XRP under the contract, so they were/are selling.

I still remember news that Coil got 1B XRP and price just crashed into nowhere.

But

We are fine with distribution 🤣🤣🤣

Oh I forogot to add, problem here is that there are no entity to regulate that, basically Ripple self-regulate XRP, I guess from SEC point of view they failed to be leaders and used too much of advantage. 

And to be fair XRP circulating supply is 100B imho. 

3 minutes ago, Troote said:

That is good for Stellar but not new news. The article is dated from October 15th...?

The USDC news is today. 

1/ Breaking major news from US Treasury OCC, the largest US banking regulator (@USOCC), with new guidance allowing US banks to use public blockchains and dollar stablecoins as a settlement infrastructure in the US financial system. https://occ.gov/news-issuances/news-releases/2021/nr-occ-2021-2.html…

11:12 PM · Jan 4, 2021

Edited by Begofend

6 minutes ago, Begofend said:

The USDC news is today. 

1/ Breaking major news from US Treasury OCC, the largest US banking regulator (@USOCC), with new guidance allowing US banks to use public blockchains and dollar stablecoins as a settlement infrastructure in the US financial system. https://occ.gov/news-issuances/news-releases/2021/nr-occ-2021-2.html…

11:12 PM · Jan 4, 2021

That is not a USDC news. It is a crypto news. The XRPL is a public blockchain which can be used as a settlement infrastructure. The guy who posted the tweet is strongly biased, he has stakes in USDC. He is the co-founder and CEO of Circle who created USDC. He makes it sound like it is all about USDC, but really this is a major crypto win across the board. Ripple could write the same thing and say it is all about XRP.

Edited by Troote