Charting the course of XRP

Just now, XRP-JAG said:

Is this confirmed? If so, from where?

As far as I’m aware we know for a fact Ripple have been selling, and have not heard anything to the contrary yet.

You are right, I may be jumping the gun. There are 2 hints though.

1. "Jed" has stopped selling (fact). But Jed's XRPs are under Ripple's custody. This implies Ripple are not releasing his XRPs. 

2. The entire 1B latest escrow has gone back into escrow.

That suggests, to me, that nothing is happening.

5 minutes ago, Troote said:

You are right, I may be jumping the gun. There are 2 hints though.

1. "Jed" has stopped selling (fact). But Jed's XRPs are under Ripple's custody. This implies Ripple are not releasing his XRPs. 

2. The entire 1B latest escrow has gone back into escrow.

That suggests, to me, that nothing is happening.

Jed certainly has stopped selling via the usual route, but Ripple continue to release:

https://bithomp.com/explorer/D5A875918F4BFA65A7371D07848D2C73F5051BFBA5D13238DAA8C080316E5787

I think Ripple has significant XRP reserves not tied up in Escrow, and as they selling via market makers OTC... hard to know what they doing right now. They may have paused selling due to the low price anyway (as per SEC allegations).

3 minutes ago, XRP-JAG said:

Jed certainly has stopped selling via the usual route, but Ripple continue to release:

https://bithomp.com/explorer/D5A875918F4BFA65A7371D07848D2C73F5051BFBA5D13238DAA8C080316E5787

I think Ripple has significant XRP reserves not tied up in Escrow, and as they selling via market makers OTC... hard to know what they doing right now. They may have paused selling due to the low price anyway (as per SEC allegations).

Not to mention, did anyone care to ask  Grayscale where they bought their 20 million xrp? 

31 minutes ago, Troote said:

You are wrong. Ripple are not selling a single XRP at the moment.

XRP does not pump because US investors are selling while they still can, because people worldwide are still afraid and because the sustainability of XRP without Ripple is challenged.

Everyone selling that is retail has already sold. The only ones selling are the whales and they are doing it into volume. It’s not US retail I can assure you of that.

1 hour ago, XRP-JAG said:

Given all Jed has done is sell sell sell, then that 477M send doesn't bode too well. Sure, he's entitled to sell, he's not part of Ripple and they have an agreement, but I think he's a good example of the problems the XRP ecosystem has (from a retail trader perspective). 

From the limited, myopic view of the retail trader (me, you), there are only shades of difference between :-

• "Ripple upper management deservedly rewarding themselves with some XRP sales, while expanding the business" (my previous view of things)

and

• "Ripple upper management disproportionately rewarding themselves while not expanding the business...to the point that the rewards become everything to them and "business expansion" is essentially faked - it's some potemkin show for the retail trader (e.g. artificially propping up the Moneygram ODL deal) - (my current view of things)

The "shades of difference" is like a warm evening with a beautiful sunset becoming a chilly evening in a few minutes.  It's going from the best of intentions (growing the business) to expedience and greed in a few mouse clicks.  It's people like CL and BG realising over time that it's just easier to profit from your holdings than profiting from developing breakthrough fintech services.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

40 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Given all Jed has done is sell sell sell, then that 477M send doesn't bode too well. Sure, he's entitled to sell, he's not part of Ripple and they have an agreement, but I think he's a good example of the problems the XRP ecosystem has (from a retail trader perspective). 

From the limited, myopic view of the retail trader (me, you), there are only shades of difference between :-

• "Ripple upper management deservedly rewarding themselves with some XRP sales, while expanding the business" (my previous view of things)

and

• "Ripple upper management disproportionately rewarding themselves while not expanding the business...to the point that the rewards become everything to them and "business expansion" is essentially faked - it's some potemkin show for the retail trader (e.g. artificially propping up the Moneygram ODL deal) - (my current view of things)

The "shades of difference" is like a warm evening with a beautiful sunset becoming a chilly evening in a few minutes.  It's going from the best of intentions (growing the business) to expedience and greed in a few mouse clicks.  It's people like CL and BG realising over time that it's just easier to profit from your holdings than profiting from developing breakthrough fintech services.

Why ONLY believe SEC?

Why founders and C executives of Ripple must be different from everyone else who get benefits of shares, dividents, high paycheck etc?

I bet that when you invested in XRP there was same or even less clarity / transparancy than now, the only thing changed now is that SEC gives you escapegoats for broken hopes.

2 hours ago, Raz said:

Everyone selling that is retail has already sold. The only ones selling are the whales and they are doing it into volume. It’s not US retail I can assure you of that.

Yes, whales were patiently waiting until all retailes will quit @0.7 - 0.4 so that they could than sell at 0.21...

2 hours ago, Troote said:

You are wrong. Ripple are not selling a single XRP at the moment.

XRP does not pump because US investors are selling while they still can, because people worldwide are still afraid and because the sustainability of XRP without Ripple is challenged.

There is another big player here Ripple Asia a.k.a. SBI. People who invest know that and can bet on that, the rest can panic, sure, it will lead to impulsive decisions during pump and dump, psychology plays huge part here.

5 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Yes, whales were patiently waiting until all retailes will quit @0.7 - 0.4 so that they could than sell at 0.21...

These whales have billions. You can’t walk out the door with bags that big. You have to slowly sell into volume to unload them. 

3 minutes ago, Raz said:

These whales have billions. You can’t walk out the door with bags that big. You have to slowly sell into volume to unload them. 

Well there is a huge contradiction guys, you say that whales unload, but to unload you need demand, next you say there is no demand as retailers quit and rest of the world does  not touch it.

Question: what forces keep it above 0.2? 

42 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Well there is a huge contradiction guys, you say that whales unload, but to unload you need demand, next you say there is no demand as retailers quit and rest of the world does  not touch it.

Question: what forces keep it above 0.2? 

Never said there wasn’t demand, just not in the US. I guess look at fiat leak. Again, this is all speculation on my part. It’s just trying to guess at what’s going on. I could be completely wrong, but I really do believe it’s the bots and algorithms doing this. 

2 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

and

The behaviour of Brad and Chris was, and is, for me, as big as, or bigger shock than the behaviour of SEC.  I just feel they are little better than common crooks, and that these people are in charge of the development of the XRP ecosystem is sort of intolerable.  On the other side of the equation you have David Schwartz and SBI who are so investable in.   So I am very torn in my loyalty to XRP. 

45 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

The behaviour of Brad and Chris was, and is, for me, as big as, or bigger shock than the behaviour of SEC.  I just feel they are little better than common crooks, and that these people are in charge of the development of the XRP ecosystem is sort of intolerable.  On the other side of the equation you have David Schwartz and SBI who are so investable in.   So I am very torn in my loyalty to XRP. 

Let's say they sold nothing. Would it be tolerable for you for them to be trillionaires if XRP went to 10, 20, or even 30 + bucks? I really don't get the outrage over Brad and Chris selling at these levels. Their XRP holdings--as well as Ripple's--sure as hell needed distributing--and still do