Charting the course of XRP

14 minutes ago, Manic said:

I would say that at this point in time, it is generally thought that XRP has hit bottom ($0.20 ish). This would mean that at least some of the people feel comfortable allocating funds to XRP during BTC corrections, and I think we are seeing this happening currently. I am not so sure how long this kind of thinking lasts though if the XRP price starts to rise.

I feel that currently we are truly decoupled or "inversely decoupled" from BTC. Wouldn't it be great to keep this going until the SEC case is settled ? I would imagine funds then flowing from more highly priced assets to underpriced XRP.

How can you feel comfortable investing in a coin with a big lawsuit on its head? The rest of the crypto are in big bear market and feel like way better investments until clarity on the lawsuits results.

I've been holding XRP since 2017 and this is the worst sentiment it has ever gotten. I do however belief in XRP and that result of lawsuit will be very positive but short term it's very bad and we could do another big dive soon I think.

56 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Yes Retep, but there is a context of risk

I would suggest anyone with a 100K stake should include buying XRP, but to put it all on XRP in this market at this moment is to "gamble" on the XRP bounce happening hard and fast which is not a certainty.  I am 66% XRP, I was 80%.  I restructured because XRP looks more risky than it did even 2 days ago.  

I have a feeling XRP is trying to rejoin the races as I write this.  Lets hope it happens before BTC retraces!

woops, i almost missed your comment.

Well i didn't know anything about crypto's, but some dude i know did, so in the summer of 2017 i started to learn

more about it and then by the end of the year i saw how it went to the moon and then dropped back again

so i quickly bought btc and swapped it for xrp and hoped that it would go up even further but i was too late

so i got stuck with xrp at 80 cents.  Now there were alot of oportunities to sell, let's say, at 50cent and then buy back at

let's say 25 cent, but i never dared to because i'm just afraid that when i sell, prices go up, and when i would buy more

prices would go down, so here i am, sit and wait for xrp go over 80 cents, and we did get close but not close enough,

so i did hodl as usual and here i am again stuck at 23 cents at the time i wrote this, so i can't sell now because

it looks like it won't drop below 20 cents, and i don't feel the need to buy and sell to make 1-2 cents profit

because that's a too high risk for making peanuts, so not a wise option and i already accepted that i will mis out

any profit during this race, but there wil come another and another so no problem, i can wait.

I already waited 3 years so what's another few months or an entire year?

21 minutes ago, Chocobo said:

How can you feel comfortable investing in a coin with a big lawsuit on its head? The rest of the crypto are in big bear market and feel like way better investments until clarity on the lawsuits results.

I've been holding XRP since 2017 and this is the worst sentiment it has ever gotten. I do however belief in XRP and that result of lawsuit will be very positive but short term it's very bad and we could do another big dive soon I think.

Well, investment is such a strong word. Most of the people would probably cut their losses by switching to another asset during correction, right? Now imagine every single altcoin being coupled to BTC, they would be falling at the same rate. I do understand that this would be seen as oscillation in the XRP charts, but with great enough volume it would certainly increase the price of XRP making it even more attractive option.

You are right about the long term investment not being suitable for most, but I think there are individuals who tolerate risk better than others. What do you think about the price staying low for a few months, until there's clarity on the lawsuit? Wouldn't it be amazing to see tens of headlines stating the rapid price increase? Oh well, hopeful thinking.

1 hour ago, Baka said:

Well , we gained 1 cent which is already good , but not that much yet

It only seems like the price is going up because bitcoin is going up. The reason why alts can go up like this is because they are paired with BTC. In reality xrp is going down in sats but going up slightly in fiat because the price of bitcoin keeps going up. This is only temporary.

2 hours ago, retep said:

Dude, i already told you that ripple is going to win anyway, and that because they have 2 options

1 win the case and stay in the usa

2 loose the case and move to another country and go on with their busines as usual.

So what part you don't understand then? The sec can jump as high and low as much as they want, Ripple won't stop to excist

and so does xrp, but you keep on telling otherwise and turned the discussion into  a yes/no contest and i just didn't wanted to play along.

Do you work for Ripple? I know this forum is made by them to promote xrp but most of us don't work there we just hold XRP which is sinking like a rock while other alts are gaining. Ripple has already won. They already made their money. They have their golden parachutes. Bag holders are getting rekt.

1 hour ago, Gamblord said:

It only seems like the price is going up because bitcoin is going up. The reason why alts can go up like this is because they are paired with BTC. In reality xrp is going down in sats but going up slightly in fiat because the price of bitcoin keeps going up. This is only temporary.

Do you work for Ripple? I know this forum is made by them to promote xrp but most of us don't work there we just hold XRP which is sinking like a rock while other alts are gaining. Ripple has already won. They already made their money. They have their golden parachutes. Bag holders are getting rekt.

Are you working for SEC? 😱

3 hours ago, Chocobo said:

Who says I need to feel comfortable?

6 hours ago, HenrySeldom said:

Sorry to break it to you, but when it's cleared you will have already missed the boat. Seems like a pretty clear case of "you take the bet now or you miss the train." 

this is also my problem atm.

I also think that when we already know the outcome and it is good for xrp (it can even be a settling where xrp is allowed to be traded) then it's too late

by now price is moving exactly on the lower trend line.

I think that 0,25 (3rd chart, 5H TF) is the resistance atm and a point where sells could begin (if it doesn't happen even earlier).

Concerning BTC, you shall think what the volume in 2013 was and what it is now. So to bring it to 150k-250k the volume shall become so important that I doubt it will happen during this bull run, but, if it happens, it will be a long journey. By now 33000 is being rejected (a H&S is now forming on 1H TF see bottom). Let's see how this daily candle evolves. 

image.png.2b1bc9c7ab8c65d533ed0b59d23f4098.png

image.png.4dca598f465f278e2e056e9cb9d61b14.png

image.png.a9c38683d1c3430c43b831a779988364.pngimage.png.21ea992eb10eb272fc375a2ed953e6a6.png

Edited by JJJ2

1 hour ago, JJJ2 said:

this is also my problem atm.

I also think that when we already know the outcome and it is good for xrp (it can even be a settling where xrp is allowed to be traded) then it's too late

How will it be too late. As soon we find out that Ripple has won the / if they have won the case, you can buy straight back in. It's not like the price is going to double or more within minutes. It might move up a few cents by the time you hop back on the train which isn't going to be too late at all

Edited by Moonraker

2 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

How will it be too late. As soon we find out that Ripple has won the / if they have won the case, you can buy straight back in. It's not like the price is going to double or more within minutes

People are arguing the exchanges will shut out the US retail investors because the onramps won’t fire up in a days notice. Personally I don’t think it makes sense. I mean, if the US represent 5% of the volume then why wouldn’t it just pump right now? I know why, because Ripple is STILL selling into volume (or at least I don’t believe they have said they have stopped selling. Could be wrong on this one.)

Edited by Raz

2 minutes ago, Raz said:

People are arguing the exchanges will shut out the US retail investors because the onramps won’t fire up in a days notice

I'm not sure all exchanges will have de-listed XRP by then. 

I guess it won't matter for those that live outside of the US though.

Just now, Moonraker said:

I'm not sure all exchanges will have de-listed XRP by then. 

I guess it won't matter for those that live outside of the US though.

Exactly, only US retail is going to be shut out. Ripple will simply do OTC sales to institutional buyers.

5 minutes ago, Raz said:

People are arguing the exchanges will shut out the US retail investors because the onramps won’t fire up in a days notice. Personally I don’t think it makes sense. I mean, if the US represent 5% of the volume then why wouldn’t it just pump right now? I know why, because Ripple is STILL selling into volume (or at least I don’t believe they have said they have stopped selling. Could be wrong on this one.)

You are wrong. Ripple are not selling a single XRP at the moment.

XRP does not pump because US investors are selling while they still can, because people worldwide are still afraid and because the sustainability of XRP without Ripple is challenged.

10 minutes ago, Troote said:

You are wrong. Ripple are not selling a single XRP at the moment.

Is this confirmed? If so, from where?

As far as I’m aware we know for a fact Ripple have been selling, and have not heard anything to the contrary yet.