Charting the course of XRP

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

Happy Monthly candle close everyone!  XRPBTC closed above 2555 which was my bullish level. This is a great sign. I think it is now reasonable to expect the next monthly candle to be either a 50% i

2 hours ago, pichkaro said:

Anyone tried to earn profit from this pumping group

Seems exactly the thing i was looking for :D

2 hours ago, Troote said:

I don't know where you live, but in my parts of the world this is illegal.

Also basically a pyramid scheme. The ‘owners’ get in much earlier, and also exit much earlier. They are just hoping that the mugs in the general group are left holding their bags.

Things start to settle, at least that's my feeling.

Yeah, the odd exchange will come with some trade suspension / delisting notice, but the effects of these announcements will wear down. I think the cool minds here still see the (added) value of XRP, the use case, the future potential (including Flare) and they will nuance the effects of a potential security label. By the way, there's a real, significant chance XRP won't even be labeled a security in the US. And even if it would.. escrow could be gone and XRP lives on to bring cost savings for its corporate and institutional users and the the price can increase further. So, heads up and next year will be (a lot) better.

1 hour ago, pichkaro said:

Seems exactly the thing i was looking for :D

No,

the links you found on this forum are just to entice and spam so to find new members, but it very unlikely they are going to pump exactly XRP and told you so 1 week in advance

these p & d groups don't disclose the correct cryptocurrency they are going to pump until the last minute, (meanwhile the admin of the group already bought it few minutes before the pump)

while the pump is happening the admins of the group proceed to sell their heavy bags to the other members, they profit 20% or more, you risk a big loss instead

10 hours ago, Troote said:

And not the smallest dip. Hm.

Correct and it seems to confirm your previous statement that the latest trading stops have a minor impact.

Could it be that the stop in trading in the US is discounted in the price already? If yes, could it be that we have reached some sort of bottom? What other negative XRP related events could we expect (so not thinking of Tether etc)?

28 minutes ago, Frisia said:

Correct and it seems to confirm your previous statement that the latest trading stops have a minor impact.

Could it be that the stop in trading in the US is discounted in the price already? If yes, could it be that we have reached some sort of bottom? What other negative XRP related events could we expect (so not thinking of Tether etc)?

No idea what the price will do.

Coinbase was 40% of the XRP volume in the US, so massive impact for the US market, but it only represents 2% of the total volume worldwide. Binance US has yet to take action, that will probably hurt. The one bad thing that could happen is major exchanges with a branch in the US but headquartered elsewhere to halt XRP worldwide. That would imply the SEC has enough leverage to influence non-US exchanges' policies. But I doubt this will happen, and the example of OKex (US branch that stops trading) and OKCoin (foreign HQ that keeps trading) suggests the risk is low.

Other events like Larsen/Garlinghouse resigning or getting fired will probably happen, but no idea whether this will crash the price or pump it. Some will say Ripple is doomed, others will say Ripple is on the mend. I think any kind of pump between now and exchanges closing their US business will be quashed by US investors trying to cash out for the best prices whilst minimizing their losses. At the same time we could see pumps as some US citizens will try to pile up before being unable to trade. So high volatility until mid-January when US trading actually stops. After that the dust will settle.

Apart from that, I don't know what extraordinary event could happen. Technical issues, community issues, Tether etc. are always there but pretty much unchanged.

Edited by Troote