Charting the course of XRP

8 minutes ago, DD_XRP said:

Our Statement On Recent Market Participant Activity

2 MIN READ • TEAM RIPPLE

DEC 29, 2020

The public and press have only heard the story from the SEC’s side, and we’ll be filing our response in a few weeks to address these unproven allegations against Ripple.  

The SEC’s decision to file this action is not just about Ripple, it is an attack on the entire crypto industry here in the United States. We’ve always said that there is a dangerous lack of regulatory clarity for crypto in the U.S. — their lawsuit has already affected countless innocent XRP retail holders with no connection to Ripple. It has also needlessly muddied the waters for exchanges, market makers and traders. The SEC has introduced more uncertainty into the market, actively harming the community they’re supposed to protect. It’s no surprise that some market participants are reacting conservatively as a result.

In the meantime, Ripple will continue to operate and support all products and customers in the U.S. and globally. The majority of our customers aren’t in the U.S. and overall XRP volume is largely traded outside of the U.S. There are clear rules of the road for using XRP in the UK, Japan, Switzerland and Singapore, for example. For eight years, we’ve built products that help hundreds of customers solve pain points around global payments — we will defend our company and look forward to settling this matter in court to finally get clarity for the U.S. crypto industry.

On a parallel note, we also look forward to working with all of the Commissioners and the SEC’s new leadership, once appointed. In all, the SEC Chair, six of his Directors from each SEC Division, the SEC’s Chief Economist and the SEC’s General Counsel have now departed (many left just last week). Our steadfast commitment to constructive regulatory engagement has not changed. 

Perhaps a hint that they do not want to take this to court proceedings if they can help it?

Edited by Julian_Williams
  • Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

28 minutes ago, Baka said:

yes clearly , but for traders it can be a good opportunity .

0.25$ incoming

Yes for traders its heaven, news from SEC/Exchange sell, from Ripple buy. 

27 minutes ago, DannyRipple said:

I believe kraken is located inWyoming and registered to sell securities. Regardless of the security or non-security outcome they probably will not be required or have good reason to halt trading of xrp. 

Well Coinbase as well could disable only for US, hell knows who and what motivates one or others do one or other action these days. Obvious that bad news trigger action price that one can benefit.

15 minutes ago, solid102 said:

I dunno why but I feel super excited about this phase it kind of reminds me of late 2017 early 2018. The fear, the panic, the hopium, the FUD and this forum now being super active I feel alive and I will take this over moving sideways for the last 3 years any day

😱😱😱🥶🥶🥶🤪😭😭😭😭😎🥶😔😔😪😪😪😭😭😭🥶🤣🤣🤣😎🤡🤪🤪🤪 Feelings in a past hour

12 minutes ago, solid102 said:

I dunno why but I feel super excited about this phase it kind of reminds me of late 2017 early 2018. The fear, the panic, the hopium, the FUD and this forum now being super active I feel alive and I will take this over moving sideways for the last 3 years any day

This s**tstorm has dragged my ass back to the forum. Used to be on here all the time in 2017 then I put my crypto to bed on a ledger and let it be. Im now back on here sucking up all the info again. Doesn't change things one way of the other for me as I consider all the money I put into crypto as gone forever - it was a long term plan for me. 

This is the first time I've been worried about xrp, but nah, I aint selling. I watched it go from 0.1 to 3.80 and didn't sell - should have but I'm waiting to see what the the next ten years bring🤷‍♂️

As others say diversify. God knows what will stick around, if im honest most of it, if not 99% of the stuff out there is junk and speculative.

I've owned NEM, doge, Siacoin, OMG, hell I even bought $250 of Dimcoin at the time, god alone knows what paradise island those chumps up sticks and retired to🤨 all a load of rubbish imo.

I still own Miota, BCash, Tezo, Eth, BTC and XRP but if im honest, the only ones I belive in are BTC and XRP, the rest are just speculative gambles.

Things are rough at the minute, but I see Ripple prevailing and it is in their interests financially to make a success of XRP. Hopefully the pain is short lived👍

54 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Yes for traders its heaven, news from SEC/Exchange sell, from Ripple buy. 

Well Coinbase as well could disable only for US, hell knows who and what motivates one or others do one or other action these days. Obvious that bad news trigger action price that one can benefit.

That is the key point.

If Ripple want to come to London they'll be warmly received with subsidies and they'll be allowed on the UK's commodity markets, Stock Exchange and Crypto Echanges!

This I think is Trump and his cabal having one last go at messing up the economy. The US Administration and SEC knows XRP is the lead US Crypto, what do they want to do? Give control to China?

1 minute ago, jamie998 said:

This s**tstorm has dragged my ass back to the forum. Used to be on here all the time in 2017 then I put my crypto to bed on a ledger and let it be. Im now back on here sucking up all the info again. Doesn't change things one way of the other for me as I consider all the money I put into crypto as gone forever - it was a long term plan for me. 

This is the first time I've been worried about xrp, but nah, I aint selling. I watched it go from 0.1 to 3.80 and didn't sell - should have but I'm waiting to see what the the next ten years bring🤷‍♂️

As others say diversify. God knows what will stick around, if im honest most of it, if not 99% of the stuff out there is junk and speculative.

I've owned NEM, doge, Siacoin, OMG, hell I even bought $250 of Dimcoin at the time, god alone knows what paradise island those chumps up sticks and retired to🤨 all a load of rubbish imo.

I still own Miota, BCash, Tezo, Eth, BTC and XRP but if im honest, the only ones I belive in are BTC and XRP, the rest are just speculative gambles.

Things are rough at the minute, but I see Ripple prevailing and it is in their interests financially to make a success of XRP. Hopefully the pain is short lived👍

Amen brother we have been through hell to just sell and accept losses without seeing this through till the end. Remember the Chinese new year fiasco crash. Makes this look trivial

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Perhaps a hint that they do not want to take this to court proceedings if they can help it?

If they are able to successfully work with new SEC leadership...then all this uncertainty goes away. I bought some more at .25 and if it goes back into high teens I will also buy more. I just don’t believe this is how the story ends!