Jump to content

Charting the course of XRP


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, buh said:

yes exactly. Sell by the 8th january or widthdraw.

 

Exchanges like any company have shareholders, and the worst thing you need, is volatility and uncertanty regarding an asset you hold/sell. I honestly just found it surprising thta bitstamp came earlier with this decision than coinbase or kraken.

It boils down to financials. I believe they make less volume in the US than the others. It is a question of risk/reward, revenue/costs. How much would they pay in case of a lawsuit, how much money would they lose by changing rules, how much revenue XRP represents to them, etc. If they are not making much money with US customers in the first place, they might as well just stop immediately. The financials probably make the decision more difficult for Coinase/Kraken due to their higher volume.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the short term I’m having a hard time deciding what to do with the XRP in my portfolio. 
 

Now that’s it’s all the way back to $0.30 I’m not sure if it’s worth holding or will it just be killed by the next Bitcoin correction. 
 

Prior to this SEC bullshit it seemed due for a surge.

You know, maybe the surge to $0.80 a few weeks ago was some insider manipulation that knew this legal issue was coming.

I can’t be the only one that is extremely suspicious of this timing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

In the short term I’m having a hard time deciding what to do with the XRP in my portfolio. 
 

Now that’s it’s all the way back to $0.30 I’m not sure if it’s worth holding or will it just be killed by the next Bitcoin correction. 
 

Prior to this SEC bullshit it seemed due for a surge.

You know, maybe the surge to $0.80 a few weeks ago was some insider manipulation that knew this legal issue was coming.

I can’t be the only one that is extremely suspicious of this timing.

You aren’t the only one, and personally I had considered cashing out at around the 70c mark but then thought to myself there was likely much left to be had. Oops!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

You aren’t the only one, and personally I had considered cashing out at around the 70c mark but then thought to myself there was likely much left to be had. Oops!

Yea, same here. I’m not even a “moon person” that was expecting XRP to get to some crazy price. I kept holding because I figured XRP would probably pass $1 soon. $1 is a great price in my opinion. Now, $1 seems like a pipe dream. Everyone that has been fudding XRP for years is having their dream come, at least for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

Yea, same here. I’m not even a “moon person” that was expecting XRP to get to some crazy price. I kept holding because I figured XRP would probably pass $1 soon. $1 is a great price in my opinion. Now, $1 seems like a pipe dream. Everyone that has been fudding XRP for years is having their dream come, at least for now.

$1 would have triggered a considerable sell order in my account, and I would have been very happy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

In the short term I’m having a hard time deciding what to do with the XRP in my portfolio. 
 

Now that’s it’s all the way back to $0.30 I’m not sure if it’s worth holding or will it just be killed by the next Bitcoin correction. 
 

Prior to this SEC bullshit it seemed due for a surge.

You know, maybe the surge to $0.80 a few weeks ago was some insider manipulation that knew this legal issue was coming.

I can’t be the only one that is extremely suspicious of this timing.

I'm in the same boat. Disappointing news in the last few days for sure. But I don't think you want to sell here. People are freaking out and over-reacting. I believe things will settle down. I would expect Ripple to come out with a statement next week. Something tells me things aren't as bad as the SEC is making it sound. And there's always the possibility that this could be settled quickly which could send the price soaring. As someone pointed out, remember when the SEC went after Elon Musk a few years ago? Imagine how frustrated the investors that sold then are now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got my take on XRP and I'm sitting it out. Even if the lack of clarity in the USA seems chaotic, they offer opportunities to buy more cheaply. The US is not the center of the world.

I therefore stick to my general strategy in these bearish times and buy gradually as soon as the market price undercuts my average purchase price by about 10%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

 

Can a regular investor trade securities or do you need to be an accredited investor?

Just because Kraken is allowed to provide a platform to trade securities does not mean everyone will be authorized to use the said platform for that particular purpose.

Edited by Troote
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlejoMoreno said:

In the short term I’m having a hard time deciding what to do with the XRP in my portfolio. 
 

Now that’s it’s all the way back to $0.30 I’m not sure if it’s worth holding or will it just be killed by the next Bitcoin correction. 
 

Prior to this SEC bullshit it seemed due for a surge.

You know, maybe the surge to $0.80 a few weeks ago was some insider manipulation that knew this legal issue was coming.

I can’t be the only one that is extremely suspicious of this timing.

I also very much struggling with what to do. I’m 25% down and it was all looking great a few weeks ago. Never had any plans to sell until years down the line unless we got another stupidly big rise soon.

 

Not a clue what to do on the back of all this now though. What are the plans of others if you don’t mind, could do some moral support and opinions haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Troote said:

Can a regular investor trade securities or do you need to be an accredited investor?

Just because Kraken is allowed to provide a platform to trade securities does not mean everyone will be authorized to use the said platform for that particular purpose.

Good question. I do not know. I would assume a grace period if that is the case, but I’ll have a look into it tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.