Charting the course of XRP

Hey gents, ladies. Happy holidays from the east coast, wherever in the world you are. I got in the space for an investment opportunity (not a contract lol**you gotta read that 71 pg complaint). Then i fell for the project and the larger potential implications for the un developed world. However, this was a venture firstly. As much as anyone says they care about the project i think it's disingenuous to discount your initial interest. That being said, I know its a tough time and people need to vent about their losses (dream, financial). I feel like this thread devolves into emotions and bickering far too much. Could be wrong but I'm sure that Eric 123 didnt start this or the btc spec thread with any other intention aside from TA. Obviously that opens the door to criticism because it's never perfect. Things are grim and who tf knows when another exchange will be halted or delisted. No maxi, but I'm into making money and being realistic. Not trying to tell anyone to sell their bag but as a US citizen who only ever longed xrp, but, personally, I'm feeling forced to liquidate half my position, because idk how things will play out. Optimistic, but I also gotta hedge my bets. Let's hope the best case scenario plays out for everyone! I take long positions, Im no trader, always did come across this thread and the btc trading spec thread just to get other ideas. So needless to say I've been getting rekt because I don't know how to trade. I'm a value investor. Been here since sept 17'. 

Can we please get back to the charts (which are actually based on human emotion, adequately reflected) and TA.

Still something to be made off of volatility.

Been here since sept 17'. Good entry points..  Where's Julian Williams.

Can someone @ Eric and Julian and who ever I can't remember too specifically (sorry!) Happy Holidays, this isn't the end of the world. Hopefully its the end of halted trading or any delistings!

Edited by HPNASTPN2BRKNNS
grammar

1 hour ago, Gamblord said:

If Ripple loses the court case they will likely be prevented from dumping XRP on the market. Maybe the escrow will be confiscated or they will be told to burn X amount of tokens by the SEC. The safest thing to do is dump the tokens while you still are able to. Of course, this will destroy the price for a long time. The only thing stopping them from doing this is they want XRP to appreciate in price with the bull run so they can partake in dumping at ATH prices. They will probably continue dumping as always but monitoring the situation so as to not tank the market completely. I heard a rumour that Jed has stopped dumping, can someone fact check this?

image.thumb.png.3a9841c813e0c6a9192b6ed3fefcf7a2.png

2 hours ago, Neurotoxin said:

“I don’t like the facts you’re saying so I’m gonna block you”

LOL, makes sense. The things I see in this forum. People cite information from the SEC and it’s grounds for getting blocked. What a joke. 

You don’t have to like anything I do, if I tire of reading someone’s post, I’ll block them.... simple. 

19 minutes ago, Trentsteel said:

You don’t have to like anything I do, if I tire of reading someone’s post, I’ll block them.... simple. 

You’re free to do as you wish. I just find it silly to block people just because you don’t like what they’re saying in a completely polite, matter of fact manner. Just sharing information. 

11 hours ago, xrp_sea said:

I don't believe there is anything legally stoping them from continuing to sell XRP. However, it would seem foolish to me if they continued dumping on the market while the SEC is actively suing them. And I would imagine they have attorneys advising them to cease this activity. 

This is it....looks like Jed probably got the same legal advice not to continue selling : https://bithomp.com/explorer/rEhKZcz5Ndjm9BzZmmKrtvhXPnSWByssDv

....it's just a bad look - might not be seen favourably by the judge if they continued. However, by stopping, there's some implied guilt there...if there's nothing wrong with what they're doing, why stop?

5 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

This is it....looks like Jed probably got the same legal advice not to continue selling : https://bithomp.com/explorer/rEhKZcz5Ndjm9BzZmmKrtvhXPnSWByssDv

....it's just a bad look - might not be seen favourably by the judge if they continued. However, by stopping, there's some implied guilt there...if there's nothing wrong with what they're doing, why stop?

Jed sells via the XRP DEX into USD IOUs from Bitstamp. So the most likely explanation is that, considering yesterday's annoucments form Bitstamp on halting trading for americans, Jed cannot redeem those IOUs into real USD dollars from bitstamp. So i guess Jed is stuck while the trial is ongoing.

Edited by buh

1 minute ago, buh said:

Jed sells via the XRP DEX into USD IOUs from Bitstamp. So the most likely explanation is that, considering yesterday's annoucments form Bitstamp on halting trading for americans, Jed cannot redeem those IOUs into real USD dollars from bitstamp. So i guess Jed is stuck while the trial is ongoing.

Well he's got til 8th January to keep selling, and he didn't sell on 24th December (day before the Bitstamp announcement).  But you might be right that he knew in advance what Bitstamp would announce, and to keep selling until 8th January might put him in a bad light (even though he's not targeted by the SEC, he might be in the future I guess).

1 minute ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Well he's got til 8th January to keep selling, and he didn't sell on 24th December (day before the Bitstamp announcement).  But you might be right that he knew in advance what Bitstamp would announce, and to keep selling until 8th January might put him in a bad light (even though he's not targeted by the SEC, he might be in the future I guess).

considering the early agreement for Jed to sell XRP into IOUs issued by Bitstamp, and those same involved Bitstamp, i am confident someone got onto the phone and started chatting.

the 8th January annoucement is more for traders to exit their strategies and avoid anyone being stuck with XRP. someone like Jed, whom has been selling for years, it makes little difference now to "exploit" one more week.

1 minute ago, buh said:

considering the early agreement for Jed to sell XRP into IOUs issued by Bitstamp, and those same involved Bitstamp, i am confident someone got onto the phone and started chatting.

the 8th January annoucement is more for traders to exit their strategies and avoid anyone being stuck with XRP. someone like Jed, whom has been selling for years, it makes little difference now to "exploit" one more week.

That makes sense.  I was surprised that Bitstamp announced - and on Christmas Day of all days, like it couldn't wait.   Yeah, you're right - the 8th January is really to give retail traders time to sort themselves out...not to give serial dumpers another two weeks to cash out (would never look good).  

1 minute ago, 2ndtimearound said:

That makes sense.  I was surprised that Bitstamp announced - and on Christmas Day of all days, like it couldn't wait.   Yeah, you're right - the 8th January is really to give retail traders time to sort themselves out...not to give serial dumpers another two weeks to cash out (would never look good).  

i have been following Jed's wallet for a while, and my first thought right away was that bitstamp would halt trading soon. If Jed's halting would have happen on Sunday, i would have some doubt (from time to time, Jed halt his selling to give time for a foundation to sell instead) but the halt happened on a Tuesday. That was more confident to me. 

2 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Guilt? Why?

3 hours ago, pichkaro said:

SEC opinion

1) The SEC filing shows what they did vs. what they said they were doing.

In a nutshell,

SEC informs the public, Ripple corporate officers were enriching themselves selling their own XRP, worth hundreds of millions  USD, into the corporate news stream officers control.

2) I discard Ripple corporation narrative, "not a security", "attack on all cryptos" as damage control.

Unless the millions extracted for personal profit get rebuked, Ripple corporate officers have lost standing in my book.

I can only consider acts from the defendants as my credit to their words is revoked.

3) Do XRP investors stand a claim into the pirate's coffers?

Can jurisprudence evolve towards total restitution to investors vs. fines to the portion which reward operations at the fringe of the law?

8 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Guilt? Why?

He doesn't HAVE to stop selling right now....he can keep going until the 8th January via Bitstamp, or sell at dozens of other exchanges.  He stopped a day before Bitstamp's announcement.  Maybe he got legal advice, maybe Bitstamp gave him a heads-up and he's looking to sell his XRP via a different avenue...just seems odd, it shouldn't affect Jed other than he's a US citizen and right now, there's many ways to off-load his XRP...yet he's stopped.  

Edited by 2ndtimearound

5 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

He doesn't HAVE to stop selling right now....he can keep going until the 8th January via Bitstamp, or sell at dozens of other exchanges.  He stopped a day before Bitstamp's announcement.  Maybe he got legal advice, maybe Bitstamp gave him a heads-up and he's looking to sell his XRP via a different avenue...just seems odd, it shouldn't affect Jed other than he's a US citizen and right now, there's many ways to off-load his XRP...yet he's stopped.  

Oh you meant Jed, I was thinking of Ripple. Assume XRP is security and US citizen owns it and trades as any other crypto, what are consuquences for that for uneducated retailer?

Anyway wait and see.