Charting the course of XRP

4 hours ago, lt0181 said:

Why would XRP continue to have value in the long term if it were delisted? Isn’t the inherent value derived from the ability to act as a medium of exchange?  Why would people outside the US continue to use this currency (even if it is allowable) if delisted?  I guess I’m asking what is the reason it will survive?

You are right, if you can't trade an asset, it has no value. XRP is losing its entire value in the US because the SEC is essentially threatening the ability to trade XRP in the US by declaring XRP a security. With that parameter in mind, exchanges in the US will seek to comply with the US government. They will be led to either either delist, halt, set harsher rules (such as requiring US XRP traders to be accredited investors) or maybe do nothing (although I think this to be unlikely). It is up to you to speculate what will happen - but there is a real risk that within days, XRP may become very hard to trade in the US. 

Outside the US, things will likely continue as normal. With caveats. The price is obviously taking a beating. Ripple is the champion of XRP and was the primary use case for XRP. Due to the lawsuit, this is just no longer the case, at least until the lawsuit is concluded. Right now, ODL (the product using XRP) just cannot operate. However the XRP Ledger is decentralized, it does not require Ripple to remain and be successful.

The question becomes: can the XRP ecosystem outside the US sustain and make XRP successful without the champion's use case and financial support? This is where the value of XRP will come from, and it is up to you to decide whether that value is compelling or not. Then of course, the hype and bull run might completely ignore fundamentals and pump XRP regardless, a bit like Doge. To many people, this characteristic is value enough.

2 hours ago, xrp-nuke said:

I wonder how Nexo is going deal with that, guys use XRP for loan in US and now they cant repay it with XRP? Wtf 🤣🤣🤣

it may be the reason why the price is stuck at 0.5-0.6$ and can't get back to 0.7-0.8$ , compared to Cel who went from 3 to 3.85$ these last few days

1 minute ago, Baka said:

it may be the reason why the price is stuck at 0.5-0.6$ and can't get back to 0.7-0.8$ , compared to Cel who went from 3 to 3.85$ these last few days

I guess SEC just does not realise the magnitude of chaos they caused, also, sad for crypto community, they become pro-gov/reg, just to shill own asset. Whatever is alright, and Fiat is bespoke King.

Just now, xrp-nuke said:

I guess SEC just does not realise the magnitude of chaos they caused, also, sad for crypto community, they become pro-gov/reg, just to shill own asset. Whatever is alright, and Fiat is bespoke King.

yes , sad time.

Only good thing is that I own other coins since early 2020 and happy I did.. because XRP is so disappointing 

12 minutes ago, Gamblord said:

Can anyone answer me whether Ripple et al will still be able to dump on us while this court case moves forward? 

I'm just a coder, not a lawyer, but from all I've read, there are no injunctions filed, or rulings adjudicated.

IMHO there are no new constraints on RL's activities.

29 minutes ago, Gamblord said:

Can anyone answer me whether Ripple et al will still be able to dump on us while this court case moves forward? 

I don't believe there is anything legally stoping them from continuing to sell XRP. However, it would seem foolish to me if they continued dumping on the market while the SEC is actively suing them. And I would imagine they have attorneys advising them to cease this activity. 

28 minutes ago, xrp_sea said:

I don't believe there is anything legally stoping them from continuing to sell XRP. However, it would seem foolish to me if they continued dumping on the market while the SEC is actively suing them. And I would imagine they have attorneys advising them to cease this activity. 

Why would they stop, though? It’s kind of like if a coke dealer got caught dealing coke and they told him “hey we’re gonna sue you soon for that”. Might as well sell the remainder, no? You’re not being stopped immediately. 

4 hours ago, Trentsteel said:

Blah blah blah 😂😂   Sold at a loss and now here to protect the community . 

Don’t bother to reply I’ve read enough of your copy and paste, one sided crusade 

blocked 🥸🤡😎

“I don’t like the facts you’re saying so I’m gonna block you”

LOL, makes sense. The things I see in this forum. People cite information from the SEC and it’s grounds for getting blocked. What a joke. 

23 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

Why would they stop, though? It’s kind of like if a coke dealer got caught dealing coke and they told him “hey we’re gonna sue you soon for that”. Might as well sell the remainder, no? You’re not being stopped immediately. 

Awful example, coke is illegal to sell by law, XRP by law is not security. Feel difference?

1 hour ago, Gamblord said:

I guess they will find a ways e.g. Kitao "The Blink" and et al

What I wonder, is, when Ripple was buying partnership with XRP, how that was structured? 

2 hours ago, xrp_sea said:

If Ripple loses the court case they will likely be prevented from dumping XRP on the market. Maybe the escrow will be confiscated or they will be told to burn X amount of tokens by the SEC. The safest thing to do is dump the tokens while you still are able to. Of course, this will destroy the price for a long time. The only thing stopping them from doing this is they want XRP to appreciate in price with the bull run so they can partake in dumping at ATH prices. They will probably continue dumping as always but monitoring the situation so as to not tank the market completely. I heard a rumour that Jed has stopped dumping, can someone fact check this?

Edited by Gamblord