Charting the course of XRP

11 minutes ago, Dario_o said:

Wrong interpretation imho. They won't be in trouble for past illegal activities they did not know were illegal. Makes sense.

I doubt this applies to current/future ones. If XRP is not to be traded and they ignore the SEC from this point forward, they will still be in trouble.

Edited by Troote

1 hour ago, Troote said:

XRP and XLM are very correlated. Serioisly considering jumping to the Jed side of the force.

At first, I was thinking the same thing. But then again, if XRP would be a security, then that would apply also to XLM, not?

1 hour ago, dontsellmeadog said:

but the exchanges are removing XRP so you'll just continue to hold something of no use. Good Luck. 

Why would for instance a UK or a Japanese based exchange, where xrp has regulatory clarity, remove XRP because a US state agency has a problem with Ripple? Use your brain people...

It sure sucks leaving USA out of game for now, but the world is not moving around SEC.

20 minutes ago, ESCH said:

At first, I was thinking the same thing. But then again, if XRP would be a security, then that would apply also to XLM, not?

Maybe, yes. The difference, as far as I understand, is that XRP is mostly owned and given away in exchange of favors/sold by a business with the sole objective to make profits. XML is mostly owned and given away by a non-profit organisation. Is that enough of a distinction? I wouldn't know.

Bear in mind the complaint is not just about XRP being a security. It is about illegal practices, false advertising and market manipulation from Ripple.

Edited by Troote

Big balls holding here, although I’ve a way to go before I go red 

this shit show is a smack in the mouth to all the ALT coins out there and you can tell by the market sentiment. All those who sold, please vacate so genuine holders can live in our bubble 😃 BTW .25 and I’m moving 50% in to another coin of my choosing 

happy holidays to the suckers who sold late 🤓

20 minutes ago, Troote said:

Maybe, yes. The difference, as far as I understand, is that XRP is mostly owned and given away in exchange of favors/sold by a business with the sole objective to make profits. XML is mostly owned and given away by a non-profit organisation. Is that enough of a distinction? I wouldn't know.

Bear in mind the complaint is not just about XRP being a security. It is about illegal practices, false advertising and market manipulation from Ripple.

More like a profit non-organization. 

1 hour ago, Dario_o said:

Some obscure exchanges remove XRP, don’t get me wrong, this could lead to some big swingers also doing the same but until then and seeing the effect this does, does not worry me one iota 😀 

look at the cheap zerps before a bull run, black swan event, meh...  when has that bothered crypto land for over  a week

Is this not the 30-50% dips that people should come to expect in crypto?

Incite panic, drop the price, and accumulate.

Perhaps oversimplified, or perhaps not?

Reminds me of the read on another thread about buying uranium when it seemed silly (to most) to do so and holding through bad news when it would scare off most.

Everybody's scenario is different, but I will continue to hold and buy (at low prices). Short term it's a bummer, but long term outlook hasn't changed for me. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Edited by Wolfparty