Charting the course of XRP

5 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

So this is one of the things that confuses newbie traders like me.

You can see totally opposite formations by changing the chart interval.  In your case the weekly is making an opposite signal to the smaller interval.

In cases like this where there has been conflicting signals for differing intervals is there ever any consensus on what period seems more reliable?  Or is it pot luck?

If I had to guess I would say the longer periods would be more reliable but have the disadvantage of not perhaps being timely enough for trading except in a macro long term position sense.

Any tips for the newbies like me?  Right now I have no idea whether to buy back in or wait for a lower low.

it depends on what your target is. In general you should follow the longer TF. For instance, the 1W says oversold, you see some candles outside the bollinger bands and you buy (correction: previously was "sell", sorry for the mistake!) too when the smaller TF is also on a retracement up (for instance it goes to the top of its Bband or touches 20sma).

But you can also try to choose the opposite direction for a short trade (i.e. 5H) and then you wait until it is oversold and buy. This is more risky, because sometimes price does not really go up enough to give you even a gain.

I generally follow the bigger TF and enter when the smaller one also tells me.

But in crypto we have seen that all previous bull runs have happened in a totally overbought situation. So definitely this indicators DID NOT WORK.

Edited by JJJ2
correction

The XRP market is not able to sustain a stimulus. That's quite frustrating.

Reasons?

• a) Absolutely zero public marketing efforts by XRP's major holder due to regulatory uncertainty
  • b) Infantile market hipsters and Bitcoin maximalists spreading FUD 
  • c) Weak hands (Day traders / Margin traders / Newcomers)
  • d) Penny flipping retail investors

27 minutes ago, Karl said:

Absolutely zero public marketing efforts by XRP's major holder due to regulatory uncertainty

TBH if in the next few weeks the "regulatory uncertainty" becomes "regulatory adversity" against XRP, it'll be more clear how the Spark pump was just an excuse to many whales for their exit pump

32 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

explain me why, cause I do not understand it.

The Circulating supply did not have unusual activity.

The price jumped during BTC acceleration and new ATH, which evident activity for years.

Supporting exchanges list growed but price did not react.

No signs of pump in the last days before snapshot, BTC and rest were stagnant or were to correct, so pump XRP and get more SPARK would be a strategy and than sell on hype. Nothing of that happen, pretty much followed BTC.

Now we can talk about SPARK itself and what it matters for wide market and conclusion would be: a dump token. Its good to have but BTC had more potential to grow towards new ATH and clarity than SPARK.

What is more unexplained, is a correction that is about become a crash. Last time such decline was when Ripple was distributing it tokens in OTC. Hope that not the case, otherwise market reaction will be immediate and no tales of any good faith reasoning will help.

8 minutes ago, Baka said:

quite surprised to see XRP keep going down while other coins going up .

I'm buying more XRP right now , 0.46 0.44 and more if it goes to 0.42 and less

Just did the very same thing at 0.45. Time will tell if that's a good move but feel pretty confident in the long run. First time that I've bought in so long had to update my ID on the exchange lol

28 minutes ago, Baka said:

Aren't you afraid that it wil go back to +-30 cents and then stay there for another couple of years?

I remember that you said a few weeks ago that we won't see such low prices ever again,

but it sure start to look like that you're going to be wrong in a few weeks or even only days  from now.

Well, i don't mind when it's very low on januari 1, because on that day the irs want's to know what the value is

so that they can send us a tax bill, so the lower the better on that day because me and the irs are never going to be friends,

and i wish them dead because taxes are just theft imo.

48 minutes ago, Baka said:

The very strong word "buying" are there any specific amounts? Like you buy: 25, 1000, 100000?

Daily dose of hopium (rocket fuel flavor) 

Btc hitting near ath and ready to burst past it, while xrp already pulled back enough to a critical bull run support, the pull back is identical to 2017 if you care to look back and examine it, I'm on phone so I'm not gonna post the chart, i urge you to look at the chart yourself and experience it yourself reading the chart

Once btc official set new highs, it's go time, xrp can only go up from here, the retrace is done, enough is enough

See you at $2

47 minutes ago, retep said:

Aren't you afraid that it wil go back to +-30 cents and then stay there for another couple of years?

I remember that you said a few weeks ago that we won't see such low prices ever again,

but it sure start to look like that you're going to be wrong in a few weeks or even only days  from now.

Well, i don't mind when it's very low on januari 1, because on that day the irs want's to know what the value is

so that they can send us a tax bill, so the lower the better on that day because me and the irs are never going to be friends,

and i wish them dead because taxes are just theft imo.

I don't think we 'll see 0.25-0.3$ yes , I can always be wrong .

If we see 0.2x$ it really sucks.