Charting the course of XRP

1 hour ago, Vhien said:

Sotong thank you so much for your inputs.

By the way i would like to ask for some inputs. How will xrp perform in a long term perspctve?. I read some stuffs about this coin but unfortunately i got disappointed after that big crash happened on 17/18. The first time i bought xrp its price was 4usd then the crash happened. After that I switch to eth and btc, but right now what's the difference with this xrp than before? I saw some good news with the ripple company they had partner with well known banks but is there more they can offer? So that this coin will get more value.

Sorry for my queries i just need some inputs right now. 

Hi @Vhien

The reality is no one knows.

However you can guarantee that there will be extreme opinions on either side. Amplified by the sentiment of the time eg bear market = negative. These extremes are what get people to sell too early and too late. Many people will sell at a loss, try not to let your emotions both positive and negative trip you up.

But that doesn't answer your question. Most people are here because the risk/reward potential is worth it. Me included.

Therefore there is no point believing the worst unless you are going to get out now.

Instead, look at the different predictions. Build an exit plan that gets your investment back (and possibly some minor profit) at the more conservative estimates. Then  plan to sell at higher amounts at various levels up to great and may be even crazy levels so you take profit on the way up. 

You may not get to your higher cash out values. But at least you took profit on the way.

The exact levels are specific to you and your circumstances / risk appetite. But remember you'll never be 100% happy because hindsight is a b*tch.

Good luck

1 hour ago, madToo said:

Hi @Vhien

The reality is no one knows.

However you can guarantee that there will be extreme opinions on either side. Amplified by the sentiment of the time eg bear market = negative. These extremes are what get people to sell too early and too late. Many people will sell at a loss, try not to let your emotions both positive and negative trip you up.

But that doesn't answer your question. Most people are here because the risk/reward potential is worth it. Me included.

Therefore there is no point believing the worst unless you are going to get out now.

Instead, look at the different predictions. Build an exit plan that gets your investment back (and possibly some minor profit) at the more conservative estimates. Then  plan to sell at higher amounts at various levels up to great and may be even crazy levels so you take profit on the way up. 

You may not get to your higher cash out values. But at least you took profit on the way.

The exact levels are specific to you and your circumstances / risk appetite. But remember you'll never be 100% happy because hindsight is a b*tch.

Good luck

Thank you madtoo

On 12/5/2020 at 11:44 AM, Julian_Williams said:

He likes to feel sorry for himself and share his pessimism

A few months ago XRP hit a low of .11.  and has gone x 5 in as many months and could easily hit a dollar in coming weeks

prices Jan 2017

BTC 998 (now x19) 

ETH 8.7 (now x 68)

XRP (.006 now x 100)

LTC (4.5 now x 18)

An investment in XRP is an investment not a bet in a horse race 

dec 18  june19  mar20  dec 20

btc 3200  12300  5300   19000 

eth  89        330   115       600  

rxp 0,30     0,48   0,14      0,60  

ltc   23       140     36         83   

bhc 78       476     175       284  

link 0,20   3,54     1,77      13,30

I showed the two major high and lows since the ath, and xrp didn't do that great since that period.

Btc 3200-19000 = 6x up

eth  89-600 = 6,5x up

xrp  0,30 - 0,60 = 2x up

ltc    23- 83 = 3,5x up

bhc  78 - 284 = 2,5x up

link  0,20 -13,30 = 65x up

And an investement in xrp is is NOT an investment but a gamble, just like betting on a horse, because there's absolutely

nothing that can tell where xrp or any crypto is going withing then next hour, day or week.

A crypto is worth that what the next fool wants to pay for it, and that's it.

6 minutes ago, retep said:

And an investement in xrp is is NOT an investment but a gamble, just like betting on a horse, because there's absolutely nothing that can tell where xrp or any crypto is going withing then next hour, day or week.

A crypto is worth that what the next fool wants to pay for it, and that's it.

Only a Sith deals in absolute. You are even worse than me xD. 

Julian is a Jedi. You are a Sith. Feels like I'm a Gray Jedi. 

13 hours ago, jargoman said:

I don't think XRP rise has anything to do with the spark announcement. XRP was on an uptrend. U.S announced coming regulations is 6-8 weeks. If XRP is deemed a currency then tax rates for XRP will be higher than they are now. U.S residences selling to take advantage of current tax rates. Boom is just price returning to uptrend. Cordona also pumping. Cordona a banking token as well. Regulations coming for the way banks integrate with blockchain. We could see XRP overtaking ethereum in the coming weeks. Not sure why people are hating on XRP right now. Golden ish about to hit the fan

That’s my view as well. All digital assets have been rising. If this was just about Spark, I would think XRP would rise alone.

I guess that still doesn’t mean their won’t be a sell off after the snapshot. It could be a self-fulfilling prophecy where we get a sell off because everyone is expecting a sell off; so nobody wants to be the last one out the door.

XRP has been long overdue for a recovery. If it turns out that this was just for Spark then that’s not good.

Edited by AlejoMoreno

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

looks like to is make up your mind time for XRP.  It is trapped by its indecision: up or down?   I will guess down because it is always nice to be surprised when it rises against expectations.

Aye, just sent a chunk of chain link to an exchange in the hope making some more profit and extra spark. Wait for the dust to settle and see where it’s going after the snapshot. 😬 ETH looks a good option or maybe I’ll just put it back in link as it’s due a pump at some point.... decisions 😂