Charting the course of XRP

7 minutes ago, Troote said:

crystal ball love GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme

The fact that everyone assumes this is a glorified repeat of the 2017 bull run, that cycles repeat themselves and the widespread expectation that BTC will reach ludicrous price points tells me that things won't play out like that.

This thinking is always in the back of my mind but **** it. I'll pay to play!! Let's see what happens.

9 minutes ago, Troote said:

The fact that everyone assumes this is a glorified repeat of the 2017 bull run, that cycles repeat themselves and the widespread expectation that BTC will reach ludicrous price points tells me that things won't play out like that.

I have to agree with you Troote.

The circumstances of that Fabled Magical Crypto Moment are radically different from the current state of the crypto ecosystem. 

Much of the irrational exuberance of that time was purely an aberration of a spike in public awareness (and unpreparedness) of an emerging new phenominon that will make you instantly rich if you just dive in. 

But alas, the exchanges were few, and most stopped taking new signups. There's like 20 more aspects we could list. Point is, something very impactful is brewing now, and people can sense the building storm a-coming. And they don't want to miss out. And it's all so so very complicated

1 hour ago, BuyHighSellLow said:

I don’t think it’s too far fetched to think bitcoin will go to 30k-50k and so on, the question is when. From what I remember in 2017 once it hit ATH it was a sudden crash to 15k-12k range then took about a year to get down to the 3500-4500 range.

Some may think that waiting a year or two is a long time but in comparison to other investments it really isn’t. It takes time to gain momentum to reach such high prices.

Same goes for xrp, I was new to crypto in 2017 and just got lucky with getting into xrp at .17 cents. I had some btc as well, but I traded it for xrp and sold my xrp around $3.15 (hit and run).

After watching for 2 years I honestly thought crypto volatility was over. Too many losses, too much hope lost in what was possible. After this bull run it makes more sense in that it’s not going anywhere, what goes up must come down.

However with each climb comes a new ATH, followed by a (major) correction. Kind of like the stock market. You can compare many stocks of the last 20 years and look at the last 5-10 years they soared compared to the past.

Crypto currencies have their bull and bear markets like stocks except they are much more volatile. As long as you bet on the right horses and remember the reason why , you will be fine. If I hadn’t been so doubtful/naive I would’ve taken the opportunity to buy xrp and btc over the last 2 years but I didn’t.

I’m back in the game now and not giving up. I’m not an expert but I think since 2017 I have a better understanding / vision about where the Crypto market is heading. Buy the dips and don’t look back. Sell high if you want, but you never know what the real ATH will be.

Think long term and not get rich quick. Keep working your job and don’t invest what you can’t loose, if you make a lot of money off crypto great. If not, at least you tried.

Thank you 

By the way, on Dec 12, 2020 all mobile phones will be retrofitted with a return key free of charge! :dirol:

10 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

The circumstances of that Fabled Magical Crypto Moment are radically different from the current state of the crypto ecosystem. 

Much of the irrational exuberance of that time was purely an aberration of a spike in public awareness (and unpreparedness) of an emerging new phenominon that will make you instantly rich if you just dive in. 

But alas, the exchanges were few, and most stopped taking new signups. There's like 20 more aspects we could list. Point is, something very impactful is brewing now, and people can sense the building storm a-coming. And they don't want to miss out. And it's all so so very complicated

Haha it's certainly complicated. And yes I agree there's something big brewing long term, but I wonder if also shorter term it's not unlikely to see a similar overall market surge to 2017 as those who got out in the bear market (or even who took profits just before the bear market hit) come back in. We know there's potential for investors, announcements, media coverage to come together and drive the market. I think key differences this time around would be increased availability (as you say) and in XRP's case whatever Ripple wants to do to control the price.

4 minutes ago, exarepee2020 said:

Haha it's certainly complicated. And yes I agree there's something big brewing long term, but I wonder if also shorter term it's not unlikely to see a similar overall market surge to 2017 as those who got out in the bear market (or even who took profits just before the bear market hit) come back in. We know there's potential for investors, announcements, media coverage to come together and drive the market. I think key differences this time around would be increased availability (as you say) and in XRP's case whatever Ripple wants to do to control the price.

Welcome exarepee.

I too would expect past winners of sudden profits will be attracted by the current market's action.
Don't lottery winners keep buying tickets...

As for Ripple, I'd personally never describe them as actively controlling the market's valuations for XRP. They do certainly have the tools to influence it - such as a PR department and officers that can talk and tweet. But the have both the fiduciary duty to their stakeholders, and a self interest, to ever deliberately cause a devaluation of their most valuable asset (the 60b tokens they control).

42 minutes ago, Troote said:

Everything seems picture perfect. Public corporations will buy up BTC, Microsystems bought at an average 11111 USD, others will follow.

Central banks are up to quantitative easing towards infinity, best time to buy cryptos.

Why do I get the nagging feeling something wrong with this picture?

Miners?

2 minutes ago, 7Sol said:

Everything seems picture perfect. Public corporations will buy up BTC, Microsystems bought at an average 11111 USD, others will follow.

Central banks are up to quantitative easing towards infinity, best time to buy cryptos.

Miners?

No.

Bankers.

23 minutes ago, 7Sol said:

Miners?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cointelegraph.com/news/authorities-shut-off-electricity-to-bitcoin-miners-in-china-s-yunnan-province/amp

2 hours ago, JASCoder said:

Definitely there is a sense of excitement, in many way similar to that of 2017 when I first joined. 

From the top of my head - Big differences : 

• Big players (whales and crypto exchanges) , with cynical precision, have been preparing for three years and they have built the infrastructure and have a battleplan which ends with them withdrawing huge amounts of money from the FOMO which their new infrastructure will handle.  These people are not interested in the technology, only the money.  The ideal for them is a repeat of 2017 -18  parabolic followed by a crash.  They want BTC to be King forever.
  • New Big Players are arriving in the shape of institutional investors.  These people are naïve about crypto, greedy but have few moral qualms.  Amongst this group are a segment that are interested in investing in the long term future of the technology, but I guess this is a minority
  • The DLT and Blockchain industries are at last finding traction in the real world.  A parabolic rise in the value of their tokens followed by a crash is not what they want, but it is out of their hands.  SBI and Ripple are prominent in this group.  They will time their IPOs with the incoming market explosion and at the same time try to educate the public about who they are and what they do.  IPOs will finance their plans for another decade.  In the end they are interested in rolling out their technology and furthering their positions in the new world order.  Ripple will be planning to become the Google of cross border payments with many different faces from FX trading to games tokens etc etc.  There are many other good projects like Ripple out there.
  • Amongst the public there is a much larger element who are sceptical of crypto, but the reach of the crypto infrastructure is much further.  So my guess is that the potential for FOMO is bigger than last time 

At present this build up to a new ATH has been set up by the Whales and Crypto Exchanges and it is going like clockwork.

I will make one prediction about crypto and the future:  Intelligent long term investment in the best companies with the best use cases will in the end prevail and make everyone with a stake in their tokens profits beyond anything we have seen so far, but the casualties will be huge numbers of ordinary people skimmed by the whales for their life savings and pensions.  It will be the law of the jungle 

Edited by Julian_Williams

3 minutes ago, 7Sol said:

What is it?

What I am imagining is the new world of doing things using blockchain tech.  It removes middle management structures, introduced streamed money and tagged regulatory gizmos etc.  It will not be dominated like the Internet by America.  It will level the relationship between the developed world and under developed world forever.  

A little hopium goes a long way. My family laughed at me in 2017 at thanksgiving for investing in crypto. At the time I had 33k xrp I got @ .15-.21 cents (my whole savings).. 

Couple months later they thought I was a genius and said I would have a bright future.  No risk no reward. 

these are the same people that believed in Apple and amazon in the late 90s early 2000s but sold off once they made (what they thought) was a great return because they thought it would all come tumbling down. If they were to just hodl they would have been a lot better off by now.   

going for the home run with xrp yolo