Charting the course of XRP

3 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

Sorry good sir but that ship sailed.   It may come back and I hope it does but the number you are seeing is probably a summation of days...  and when you look at the days the rise was prior? (certainly during) the first big rise.

Its since dwindled.  Sorry to mess with the hopium.

CB17DAAF-5787-4FDB-AFDC-3B4292EC54EB.jpeg

dude your chart is very short term, of course it will show the "correction" you're talking about

mine's "5 years" timeline, it'll be a more accurate representation because we can see where is the ATH, and the current value will be calculated based on a percentage of the ATH value, ATH is always valued at "100".

Now that you showed me i can edit the "region" into "Worldwide", i changed the parameter and the numbers are even higher, latest closed value is "21" and the unclosed value is "68".

Look at the big picture. You already witness how the people react during the past 2 days when the dip comes, all instantly become bearish again and that translate into lost interest as indicated in your short term graph, nothing goes straight up.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

19 minutes ago, Hopium said:

dude your chart is very short term, of course it will show the "correction" you're talking about

mine's "5 years" timeline, it'll be a more accurate representation because we can see where is the ATH, and the current value will be calculated based on a percentage of the ATH value, ATH is always valued at "100".

Now that you showed me i can edit the "region" into "Worldwide", i changed the parameter and the numbers are even higher, latest closed value is "21" and the unclosed value is "68".

Look at the big picture. You already witness how the people react during the past 2 days when the dip comes, all instantly become bearish again and that translate into lost interest as indicated in your short term graph, nothing goes straight up.

Mate I was posting the 5 year chart before and after it had the spike.   I’ve been watching it every day.  What happened was that there WAS a big XRP spike as my chart showed.  And there was a price and volume rise.  But that spike is now reduced.

You are quoting a weekly amalgam that has that data in it but because it’s weekly it will take a week for that drop to then show up too.   You are saying ‘hey, looks what’s coming’ when in fact it’s come and for the moment gone.  Sorry to rain on the parade.

I have many times been accused of being a XRP fan boi,  so I loved the spike,  but we gotta also be honest when it dips back.  It’s there in the chart mate.

49 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

Mate I was posting the 5 year chart before and after it had the spike.   I’ve been watching it every day.  What happened was that there WAS a big XRP spike as my chart showed.  And there was a price and volume rise.  But that spike is now reduced.

You are quoting a weekly amalgam that has that data in it but because it’s weekly it will take a week for that drop to then show up too.   You are saying ‘hey, looks what’s coming’ when in fact it’s come and for the moment gone.  Sorry to rain on the parade.

I have many times been accused of being a XRP fan boi,  so I loved the spike,  but we gotta also be honest when it dips back.  It’s there in the chart mate.

well i cant say i know in depth about google trends, it seemed you're more knowledgeable in that matter compared to me, if that's what you said, then we'll follow you, i'm just telling what i see, even if the latest move is a drop, i dont expect it to be big and the overall long term direction is up

35 minutes ago, Hopium said:

well i cant say i know in depth about google trends, it seemed you're more knowledgeable in that matter compared to me, if that's what you said, then we'll follow you, i'm just telling what i see, even if the latest move is a drop, i dont expect it to be big and the overall long term direction is up

I think you are right that it’s got legs.  In fact I expect we will see a bigger spike in the trend soon that also will be reflected in volume and price.

I don’t have any problem with what you saw and showed...  you were right but it was just unfortunate that the trend had already peaked.  Hopefully not for long.

Let me say that I have enjoyed reading your mix of zany hopium and serious analysis.  I’m probably a bit more pedestrian but I like to learn from all sorts and you are definitely teaching me some new things.  Thanks.  Good luck to us all.

14 hours ago, Gpostma said:

Hi Guys, 

I'm kinda new to this. 

I made an investment in xrp 2 weeks ago for 0.26

Now i want to invest some more but i have doubts wether that is smart. 
you guys think 0.62 i still good? or do you expect to go down in the near future? 

I am in the same positon: I was hesitating at 0,22€, then hesitated at 0,42 hoping it falls down to 0,27-0,29 and now it's 0,52 and do not know what to do.

If you want to add a small amount, compared to what you've already bought, you do not risk much, but it is also not worth then. If you want to increase massively your stock then be ready to loose 50%  (in case it falls back to the 0,26$ region) and hope it will really climb to 1 or more.

Nobody can tell you. Nobody knows. Those who look sure and show incredible rallies on log charts do not have any base to back that, because in TA you draw a support and resistance lines and say if one support keeps holding then price goes up. But you cannot know if it will hold and sometimes it seems it does it, but then there's the "surprise effect".

So it's a bet you do with yourself. 

I hope xrp will reach much higher values than it is now. This may happen if ripple business case is successful. This is my bet. If it does not, I will live as I have done before, with some € less in my bank acount, but still comfortably.

So don't invest money you cannot afford. Don't go to your limit with this further sum you want to invest hoping to earn an x fold. Be ready to loose or not earn anything.

If anyone tells you: "do it" it'll reach 15 in 3-5 years, then know that it is only his opinion and his hope.

1 hour ago, RussianStandards said:

Again, I’m really impressed and surprised with the amount of volume reported on LCW atleast. I know it’s inflation somewhat there but same goes for all. Consistently been higher than ETH for like a week now? Unheard of really.. and the liquidity index it shows it’s probably highest I’ve seen it

This has whats got me really interested, not sure why there has been so little focus on the XRP volume which now appears to be holding above ETH and at times within a billion or two of BTC. This is excellent!

Finally, i finalized my masterpiece a moment ago, I'll name it "Even if I'm wrong, I'm right".

This crypto winter had forced me to not sit idly waiting for it to moon, i put a lot of effort doing deep research in the meantime on FX markets in case the moon will not come.

I already got a system which can reliably predict the direction 50% of the time, due to i use the R/R ratio of 1.5 to 1, even if the odds is 50%, i still win in the long run. When I win, i get 1.5% return, when I'm wrong, i lose 1%. But man when you're wrong, you'll have to accept the loss, sometimes it gets frustrating when there's few losses in a row. I only trade 1 time per day.

I suddenly thought of making a few tweaks and see how it goes:

1. Add martingale element to it, when market moved against me to the SL, i simply open x2 the leverage in the opposite direction
2. Reduce R/R to 1:1
3. Due to martingale, I changed the starting risk to 0.5%, it will also mean my max win will be 0.5% since RR ratio is 1:1
4. So far max hedge triggered after backtesting is 4, my max acceptable hedge count is 5 (0.5 > 1 > 2 > 4 > 8)

Although profit potential is limited per trade, if i aim to win everyday, everyday i get 0.5%, 1 month 20 days in FX market translates to 10% return per month, which is stunning. I can even reduce the risk further by half and get 5% return per month if the martingale risk is too scary.

Once i got a sufficient track record of consistently executing this in forward market, i'll start a signal service and net myself monthly inflow of subscriber fee. Even if i dont, trading solely for myself is enough to make a killing.

***This only works provided you already have a reliable direction prediction strategy, martingale is only served as extension to the existing strategy

Sorry for sidetracking, but i cant contain my excitement :)))

Edited by Hopium
41 minutes ago, retep said:

I see that btc grew with 1k in a day, but xrp is still around 0,60-0,63 so i don't know what it's following, but it doesn't follow anything until now.

It is exactly following BTC for the vast bulk of the time.

Overlay BTC USD over XRP USD on the 5 or 15 minute chart and you will see them perfectly in synch almost always.  If you scale it correctly you can see that the relationship scales correctly too.

The “almost” is because at times XRP rises more than BTC when BTC climbs.  At other moments it falls more than BTC when it falls.

As against that yesterday and today it held steady while BTC was slipping.  

So I think you are pretty much incorrect in your assertion.